Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

A question and interesting info:

Anyone else having to frequently reauthorize your Microsoft account after the big Win 10 update a week or so ago? I swear I've had to enter my password 10 times since.

Got an email at work that we are trialing Win10 starting next week. Corporate environment, 60000+ PCs globally. The driver is a 60% discount on our license if we have x% converted by end of Q2'16and balance of compatible PCs by Year-end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Soooo...since we're talking about activation and licenses :haw:

I have 3 PCs running Win10 and Office 2016 ProPlus

I have 3 sets of licenses - one for each PC

All 3 licenses are linked to my Microsoft Account

Once every couple of days, on each PC I get a notification in action center that I need to re-enter my Microsoft Account password and/or a notification from One Drive requesting the same.

I've validated I have 1 unique set of keys (one for Win10, one for Office) on each PC

What gives? It's making me nuts. I've tried DaGoogles and not come up with a solution or explanation that fits.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

mobby_6kl posted:

Does a Win 8.1 installation need to be fully up to date before it offers to upgrade to 10? I have a PC that hasn't been used in a while and has like 2gb of updates pending. If possible I'd rather skip all this bullshit and go directly for the upgrade but it doesn't offer me anything so far.

The generic answer is...it depends. In your case, with 2GB pending, yes.