Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Richard M Nixon posted:

In Win10, my mapped network drives no longer have a drive letter attached to them. This makes some apps (like Deluge) unable to see the folders. Is there a way to force a drive association instead of the folder thing Win10 tries to do by itself?

Are you running Deluge as a service? The same issue occurs with Sonarr as a service due to Windows 10 restricting guest access to remote file shares for services. Try changing the service to run as a local user and it should start working again.

https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/FAQ#why-cant-sonarr-see-my-files-on-a-remote-server

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sys_srv_logon_user.mspx?mfr=true

Edit: Ignore the "NT AUTHORITY\LocalService" part and make a new local user - not sure if you need to make a new local user account for the computer before doing this part of whether it'll wing it - but that's the way I resolved this.

Tornhelm fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Aug 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Jan posted:

Ah, thanks. Now that you mention it, it was System that was growing quickly, not UE4. Back when this happened, I'd tried searching for "Windows 10 RAM compression", but all I could find was a reddit thread that was adamant that MS wouldn't use memory compression because it's inefficient. I wonder if there's a way to disable this? I certainly don't care for the current implementation which knocks out tabs and Visual Studio nilly willy.

I know it's a couple of pages back, but have you tried doing a refresh on that system after the upgrade? I was having issues where System was growing massive and out of control after a while of being on making the rest of the computer perform sluggishly. I did a reset and now the performance is more like what I'd usually expect and my "System" ram usage isn't jumping ridiculously.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

xylo posted:

"System" process growing in ram is 99% likely to be the compressed store which is normal. If it was using a bunch but the system was sluggish you might have really been out of all mappable ram (page file, compressed store, and physical) at which point things get really message as the system juggles what to do. The latter I've had happen when something was running away in a Firefox process (something flash related in the plugin container I think) which chewed up ram. The VMM then compressed what it could but it started to choke from ram starvation over time (until I killed the plugin container and everything magic zipped to normal).

Possibly. All I know for certain now is that a refresh fixed it, and was eventually filling up most of my 16GB ram over the course of 24 hours or so until I rebooted which started the process again.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

xylo posted:

ViggyNash posted:

Ia anyone else here having that system process memory leak issue? My process is hovering around 2gb right now. Reading around, it seems to be affecting people that upgraded from 8.1/7 to 10. No one can decide if it's a driver issue or a malware issue or a registry issue. Maybe none of those.
Read up a few posts or just read this

Or alternatively if it's degrading your performance, ignore xylo's post and do a refresh to make it clean Win10. I upgraded from 8.1, had that issue, ended up doing the reset and now instead of System just continually growing and using most/all my CPU/RAM (i5 2500k OC'd/16GB ram) it's now using about what it was pre-upgrade.

Just make sure you've got your motherboard/lan/etc drivers downloaded and are on the latest bios. I had an Asrock Z68 and finding an ethernet driver for it that wouldn't cut out every 30-60 seconds was a pain in the rear end.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

ufarn posted:

Where can I see this?

msconfig if it's a Service causing it. More likely though it's an app, so go to the Start-up section of the task manager, and disable anything you're not sure of and if it still doesn't go away disable the rest one at a time until you find what's causing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

TheScott2K posted:

That was more targeted at the dummies who go download K++ every time they do a fresh Windows install

Both K-Lite & CCCP are both options on the Ninite installer. There's probably a significant portion of the users who have both packs installed.

Edit: I use PotPlayer which has everything and a not poo poo looking UI (though its icon isn't anything special).