Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
No idea if this is the right place for this question, but I can't find any kind of "Random Questions Mega-Thread" like there are in other sub-forums. If there's a better place, let me know and I'll move this there...

Scenario: I have a folder containing quite a few pdf files (of commercial invoices). I would like to find specific ones of these pdfs and copy them into a new file.

The files are named after the tracking numbers under which they were shipped.

I have a couple of ways of identifying the files I want copied:

- I have the tracking numbers of those I want copied. However, I have to copy about 300 out of literally thousands. That's a ton of manual process to find/copy/paste into new folder.

- I also can use the Adobe Search to look inside the pdfs for the unique account number for these 300. I've done that (mostly) successfully, but I don't see any way of copying the results of that, so I end up back at square one of doing them manually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU