Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

I dunno if somebody else has run into something similar, but I'm having some weird issues with Win10.

I put together a new machine and installed just fine, straight to Win10 64 Home version. Everything was working fine until it decided to update itself... it proceeded to install the update, but got hung up at 97% for ~8 hrs. After that, I had to manually power off and restart the machine from its physical buttons. While it was booting back up, it displayed a "Returning to previous version of Windows" message.

Now I'm currently experiencing these symptoms:
1. Whenever I restart it, either from the start menu option or from the case's physical button, it'll come back with no network connectivity until I physically shut it down and power it on later. It says the network drivers failed to load, which is bullshit b/c they're the latest drivers and they work fine afterwards.

2. The system won't sleep/hibernate correctly. Either option seem to make it crash silently and render it unable to recover, which forces me to power it on from the case's button.

Should I just reformat everything and do a fresh reinstall, or would it be better to learn to live w/o sleep, hibernate and reboot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU