Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Is it actually impossible to keep Windows 10 from forcing a restart?

Have you tried Windows Server?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Are you, like, trying to sell this software?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

KillHour posted:

I wonder why that is? Oh yeah! It's so they can make money pushing their services to home users!

Nah, it's so you can't sell your lovely defective software.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

What's a good screen video capture app? Say if I want to select an area to record like I can with snippy? Paid is fine.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Camtasia looks a bit over the top but I think Snagit from the same company may match my expectations in price and features. Is it okay too?
I'll look at ShareX too. I do need something basic, it's just that today I thought it would be nice to be able to demonstrate a feature and realized I have absolutely no idea what kind of tools exist for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I'm using Windows 10 with a local account, how safe is it from unsanctioned physical access? Specifically can a perpetrator somehow access my browser data or desktop outlook if they can't guess the windows account password? Would upgrading to pro for bitlocker be a good idea if it's a real concern?