Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Aaaaand I just rolled back my tablet from 10 to 8.1. The 'tablet mode' is absolute trash. Edge has little to no concessions to tablet usage compared to IE 11: no gestures, the UI controls are hard to hit with finger taps, etc. Battery life was worse, performance was awful, really disappointing. The most annoying part was getting double notifications for Twitter, so I uninstalled the app.

For some reason, it didn't actually uninstall properly, and it left a weird entry in the Notifications panel that was Microsoft.Explorer.Notification{a GUID}. Reinstalling the app not only didn't fix it, but didn't add a Twitter entry, and somehow my Twitter app settings had persisted, leading me to believe that it didn't uninstall properly.

I could've tried a reset, but that removes the ability to rollback to 8.1, and I'm just not ready to make that leap. I'm sure my experience is not the majority's, and I've heard good things about it on the desktop, but that's my story :saddowns:

Tablet: HP Stream 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Also, what person decided that tablet mode required a taskbar at all times because holy poo poo.

I get that the general public reaction to 8 was 'Too much tablet' but this is way, way too far in the other direction.