Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
Hi thread,
I've been trying to play some old games in windows 10 on a 4k display. Some games are fine, but most of the time the UI elements (mostly text boxes) are rendering too small to be playable. I thought knocking the resolution down to a lower res at the same scale might work, but that just shrinks down the game window. I've tried changing windows display settings to match the resolution I have the game set to but that doesn't seem to help matters at all.

If it makes any difference, I'm running from a 16" Macbook Pro via bootcamp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

On the .exe file, go to Properties > Compatibility > Change high DPI settings and fiddle with the settings there, see what makes a difference. Try the regular compatibility settings too, particularly changing to an older Windows version and checking the box to run it in 640 x 480 resolution.

Thanks, no luck fiddling with the settings but it looks like it was a bug in the official Radeon driver which didn't enable GPU scaling. I've installed an unofficial driver and it seems to have done the trick!

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
I'm trying to add a number of accounts to an outlook profile. One account in particular is causing problems, Outlook opens fine the first time after adding the account, but after closing Outlook and trying to re-open I get the error message "CAnnot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. An unexpected error has occurred." and Outlook immediately quits. Outlook wont even start in safe mode, this persists until I delete the account via control panel after which Outlook opens fine.

I have the exact same setup on another PC (with identical spec) with no issues, I've tried deleting the .ost file for the account and even adding a new profile to no avail. Running the Outlook Repair tool, does indeed find errors on the .OST but even after repair Outlook still wont open.

Any ideas?

Tea Bone fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jan 29, 2021