Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Esroc posted:

Windows 10 has managed to completely break my WiFi. And based on a Google search I'm not the only one it's done this to, but none of the proposed fixes has worked. It was weird how it happened too as it was a gradual decline. The WiFi was fine for a day or two after the update and then slowly began d/c-ing at random times and simply restarting the connection fixed it , then the d/c's happened more and more often, until today when it d/c'd and now it won't even pick up a signal. Every other device I own works fine and the laptop had no issues at all until I updated.

Edit: Just got it to pick up a signal again after several reboots, but now it just says it can't connect and gives me the finger.

I'm dealing with the same issue. The work-around that I've had success with is connecting to my office VPN. As long as it's constantly moving data it doesn't fall apart on me. So...maybe just download a Linux .iso with a download manager capped to 1kbs or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU