Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

The Gunslinger posted:

I can't even make stupid tinfoil hat jokes because ironically Microsoft is a company who has backdoored their own software for governments in the past.

...good? If a government comes with a warrant they should really have access, and I've no problems with that whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Magnus Praeda posted:

They didn't have warrants. They didn't even inform Congress they were doing it.

I know. I'm saying that, in principle, letting governments have backdoor access is not a problem.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Anyone try to install this on a HP stream 11 with 32 gigs of space? if so how did it go?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Optimus works just fine on my Y50 with a 960m. Never had any problems with it whatsoever. Haven't tested it in Windows 10 though.

Segmentation Fault posted:

I have never seen a situation or use case where optimus works well or at all. I've heard of nothing but problems and honestly it seems like it'd make more sense to design gpus to scale clock speed and power consumption like we do with cpus

We do for desktop GPUs at least.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Installed windows 10 on my hp stream 11 x360. Works great so far! However I can't seem to get the touchpad to work, and the driver on HP's page won't install as it's 'out of date'. Any advice?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

E: gently caress it got it working. IF you have any trouble creating bootable media make sure to a) use rufus and b) for the love of god use GPT not MBR

e2: also if you have a laptop with a touchscreen for the love of god do not upgrade unless you have tested and working recovery media. Got my new Stream 11 last night. Now I need to wait until they send me a set of recovery USBs since my recovery disk didn't take apparently. And HP doesn't provide their touchscreen drivers online either, the bastards.

Managed to guilt the online rep into sending me a new set gratis, but seriously beware.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Aug 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

How's optimus on windows 10 these days?