Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

I updated to 2004 yesterday and now sites take a painfully long amound of time to load. Longer than on the wi-fi connected devices on the network.
Anyone have an idea of which obscure setting broke?

e: Seems to affect Firefox only.

Stink Terios fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Sep 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

NFX posted:

DNS? It's always DNS.

Not this time, I checked! It was affecting the entire system actually, Forza did NOT like whatever was happening.

I ended up rolling back the update today and that fixed it. 2004 is cursed.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Ever since I updated from 1909 to 20H2 my internet has been behaving weirdly.
It's like a dam: sometimes the dam closes causing websites to not load and the browser to just wait, and sometimes it opens and everything loads normally.
What's weirder is that previously I updated from 1909 to 2004 and had the same problem. Rolling back to 1909 fixed it.

What changed between updates that caused this curse? I already tried disabling ipv6, changing DNS and deleting network drivers.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Internet Explorer posted:

You mention deleting network drivers, but not specifically making sure they were up to date. Have you tried checking to see if there were new drivers in Windows Update / Microsoft Catalog or from the vendor? Wired or wireless? Which browser? Does it happen in multiple browsers? Any browsers without extensions? What DNS have you tried?

My bad, I updated the drivers before trying to delete and let Windows get new ones.
Wired ethernet, problem still manifests itself in Edge (I mainly use Firefox) and it interferes with games and other software as well. I.e: Forza Horizon 4 gets an extra long loading screen while it struggles to establish a connection.
As for DNS, I tried the usual Internet Provider DNS, 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 and 1.1.1.1/1.1.0.0.

There are other devices connected to the same newtork, wired and wireless, and they are fine. Including a different up-to-date Windows 10 Home PC.

In this rig I'm on Windows 10 Pro, and my mobo is a Biostar x370gtn.

e: Just retested Edge now and it seems to be working fine. Maybe it's a Firefox-specific issue.

Stink Terios fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 16, 2021

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Firefox DNS over HTTPS was enabled. :cripes: