Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

emanresu tnuocca posted:

edit: oddly enough, seems to have resolved after another reboot. Now I just need to figure out why the mail client crashes all the time.

Speaking of the native mail client, anyone find a fix for gmail accounts breaking completely if you edit anything in the account settings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Dylan16807 posted:

Because the person that took the image set up a local certificate and MitM.

I don't want my OS sending back a notification every single time I touch the start menu. Anything more than occasional and purely statistical use information is too creepy for me.

PING bing.com (204.79.197.200) 56(84) bytes of data.

If it's in the bing.com range, using a bing.com host header, that sounds like bing.com to me.

The only answer is to cover yourself in tinfoil :freep:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

When running 8.1 my computer used to lock the screen after sleeping and that seems to be gone in 10. Where can I find that option?

Also anyone know if Secunia PSI still works? I had it for a while but it kept complaining about updates that are normally handled by Windows Update, but apparently Windows is entirely up to date according to the OS.

I have Secunia running now, it kept bugging me about an update for 2 things, but I think one of the latest Windows Updates took care of those

Or maybe I just clicked and told it to ignore them

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

d0s posted:

Trying to install my Samsung scanner software and getting this error

I'm getting it from here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SCX-4100#manualsDownloads

(it's "SmarThru office 2")

I looked up how to unblock a publisher and people say to go to internet options and manually unblock them but mine is blank:

Any ideas?

Try saving it, and then right clicking into properties.

Might be able to unblock it from there

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Neowyrm posted:

Anybody have any idea what could be causing this? My notifications bar is really widely spaced. I mean it's not really technically affecting anything, but it is annoying me.

Looks normal to me?

Are you running a 16:9 resolution?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Bruxism posted:

Tried setting it up right on my flash drive and got this:

Maybe someone is trying to tell me to wait...

FYI that is a 'not enough space' error

So yeah install it like a normal person ;)

I suggest using Rufus for all your bootable USB drive needs

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I've never had this problem before in Windows 7 or 8, seems to be 10 specific.

Auto 'lowering' my mic volume, specifically so that it's pretty much muted.

I can usually get around it by going into the mic settings in windows, cranking it back up to 90 and it will stay there

As soon as I reboot, it auto lowers it back to 50 or something stupid

I just tried to play the new Rainbow Six Siege alpha and same thing, it was stuck at 50 (which ends up sounding like I'm screaming from the next room over apparently)

I figure something is hosed up anyways, whenever I click on the recording options I get the 'this device audio enhancements are jacked up' etc, it does that for every sound device on my system after each reboot

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Call Me Charlie posted:

Is there a decent replacement for the default mail app? I'd accept something that actually pops up toast when email arrives and allows me to choose what email address I send something from.

I use eM client now, since the default windows mail refused to work with Gmail at the time of release (probably been fixed since)

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I have something thats been bugging me for awhile,

Usually I can hit start and begin typing in something I want to open "uplay" for instance, and it will be there to click on. Much easier than navigating the program list

But right now I type uplay, and the little blue dots move around, and nothing happens, Or Cortana opens and asks what I want help with.

It comes and goes occasionally, so I can't really pin it down to something causing this issue?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

What's the recommended course of action for having windows 10 retain window size and position after wake ?

I have 2 monitors and a large TV screen with Windows setup for maximum productivity , whenever the pc wakes for login (it never turns off) all the windows resize and get moved around.

It's annoying to have to move 3 windows and full screen them every single time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

nielsm posted:

It's probably a DisplayPort connected monitor. There's stories of those reporting themselves "not present" when they are switched off, or switched to a different input. So Windows thinks the number of displays has changed, and has to reposition everything.

Correct they are all display port .... :arghfist:

I read about some windows config edits to force certain windows to start maximized on certain monitors. Any chance of that working ?