Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Is there a way to tidy up my installed programs list in the control panel? I hate that all the .net stuff has like 50 entries for all the different things :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

WattsvilleBlues posted:

CCleaner has this functionality. You can delete individual entries using it.

Awesome! And just to be sure it's just an aesthetic change?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Factor Mystic posted:

1- who cares, how often do you look at that screen. Also don't forget it's searchable.
2- group by install date, sort descending

I have a high turnover rate for software I need from project to project so a couple of times a week.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

My Windows 10 originally had a faulty key and I had to get a new one over the phone but I don't think I have it saved anywhere. Can I get it from my own PC?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Rusty! posted:

Belarc Advisor can probably pull it out

This worked perfectly, thanks a lot!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Windows 10 seems to have a far better start menu for me. You can pin and shift all the tiles you want and when I search for a program from there it actually shows it to me instead of some random program folder like 7 always used to.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I have an SSD at home so it's nightmarish having a regular HD in my work PC.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Where are you saying exactly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Calls someone and autist, posts a million words about OEM.