Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Trying to use media creation tool to download 10 and all it does is say "Setup couldn't start properly. Please reboot your PC and try running Windows 10 Setup again". I've rebooted, same thing. Deleted media creation tool and redownloaded, same thing.

What the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Err, how can I check to see what's causing system lockups? Happening almost every hour now.

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Cojawfee posted:

You can go into computer management and check System Tools > Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System and see what kind of errors popped up at the time.

I'm guessing this is it? Doesn't seem to really give any information about what it is though. Currently monitoring temps to make sure that's not it, will do memtest next time I sleep. I knew I shouldn't have built a z170 with Win10 this soon. Ugh.

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

How can I get rid of the green highlight showing up on All Programs under Apps without having to repeatedly click Remove Highlight every few days? I'd delete the entire tab if I could but it won't let you.

Also alt+tab used to give me a desktop window on Win8, is there any way to get that back in 10?

Botnit fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Feb 17, 2016

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Magnus Praeda posted:

2) It does for me. I don't remember changing any settings to get it to show up or anything, but given how "quirky" 10 is, I wouldn't be surprised if they buried an option for that somewhere.

Your 1) worked, thanks.

Problem left is that I've reinstalled 10 many times and never changed any options for it, the ALT+Tab to Desktop has always been missing since moving to 10.

If anyone knows how to get that back I'd like to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

That works but I'd rather it be included in the alt+tabbing preview like it was so that I can preview my desktop without actually going to it.