Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I have Windows 7. Is it worth upgrading to the Windows 10 yet? Did they do a big rear end support pack? Does everything old work? Is it more memory efficient? Will anything weird or scary happen?

Its all the under the hood improvements of 8/8.1 with an updated Windows 7 interface. It's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

redeyes posted:

That doesn't make any sense. You are dumb. Mission critical does not equal not wanting to restart every week.

The .000000000002 cents you'll lose from having to reboot your buttminig rig is really gonna break the bank eh?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Quick question, the media creation tool can do a UEFI install right? Or do I have to do the rufus/iso thing I keep finding in a google search.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Awesome, thanks!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Anyone having an issue with 1903 not going to sleep or shutting off the screen?

I am!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Any suggestion on a decent registry monitor that's free?

I need to capture 4 entries in Local Security Policy so I can finish an Ansible deployment script.

I'm not really digging the ini output from secedit and I'm not even sure if it's the right tool for the job.

Registry entries are just easier. I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

If you don't need a GUI then WSL works great as long as you don't have high IO needs.

WSL2 is fixing the IO issues and will be adding native docker too.