Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i upgraded my main machine to windows 10 a couple of months ago. i want to create two VM on this same machine. i would like to install windows 10 in each VM. is it possible to use my existing license to download two more copies of windows 10 for those VM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

that's about what i figured. damnit. thanks.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

not sure where to ask this but...

my video signal stopped for about five seconds. the signal came back, but now my windows are transparent in random parts. example:

any idea what caused this? it affects all programs. i'm running two 24" monitors. i also have a program called aquasnap running, but turning it off and on didn't fix anything.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

is this a sign of my video card dying? any way to prevent this?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

e: nm finally found a good explainer.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jun 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

is there any particular reason why the microsoft account thing in win10 tells me it can't log on each and every week? i put in the right password, it accepts and saves it, then a week later it's like 'YOUR ACCOUNT NEEDS ATTENTION, LOG ON WITH THE RIGHT PASSWORD'. this can't be normal, can it?