Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I upgraded my Surface Pro 2 to win10 yesterday, everything seems fine so I'm happy with that but I had a dumb question about the way my partitions ended up;

I set about trying to reclaim some space and I figure I don't need to the old win8.1 recovery partition

I set up a recovery usb and as part of that delete the recovery partition - it says it's done but still I'm left with this

I'm pretty sure this is fine to remove (correct me if I'm wrong there), but I'm also pretty sure that I won't be able to recover the extra space into the primary partition because of the efi partition sitting in between - right?

It's not a lot of space but poo poo like that bugs me - I held off just having a go at it in case my assumption about it being fine to remove was misplaced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU