Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
Is there a way in Windows 10 to sync Start screen/menu settings across machines for the same Microsoft account?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Do virtual desktops (Task View, not virtualization) allow audio to be associated with a desktop? Like if I have Spotify in one desktop and switch to another, the audio can pause/stop? I recognize that most people probably don't want that, but is it an option?

VVV bummer, thanks.

beefnoodle fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 30, 2020

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

doctorfrog posted:

I noticed that Edge (which I use exclusively for Netflix b/c there's no other way to get a quality stream) will pause Netflix when I switch desktops. Maybe it will do that for other things.

It doesn’t for YouTube but I’ll check other stuff in a browser, thanks.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

EoRaptor posted:

Closing all their stores also signals the death of their surface hardware business. With no way to demo it to consumers, nobody will pay the price premium, and big corps want a bunch of support MS doesn’t offer.

LOL. $1.3 billion or more in Surface sales every quarter this past year is nowhere near death.

e: Surfaces will still be sold at big box retailers. The branded retail stores were only contributing a small percentage of consumer sales. Trying to find a link on that.

beefnoodle fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jul 6, 2020

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

doctorfrog posted:

I use askwoody.com, plus a grain of salt.

Holy poo poo that’s still around? I bought some of Woody’s “Annoyances” books in the 90s.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Perplx posted:

I posted this a while ago, but if you install enterprise then change it to pro you wont have any adware in the start menu.
Also ssh is built in now so you really don't need putty anymore except for com ports.

I had no idea. Thanks for this!

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Fame Douglas posted:

Your Phone included with Windows 10 does that, at least SMS.

Android only.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

doctorfrog posted:

Is there a way to choose a custom value for Power and sleep? Like, I want my monitor to turn off after 7 minutes. Not 5, not 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

"Person in this zip code (which has the following known demographic profile) just bought this item. Let's show it to someone else there."