Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
Windows 10 has been fine so far but Edge is loving painfully slow at times. It keeps crashing on facebook and when paying bills the new tabs that pop open for secure pages take forever to load. Also the search that's default on the bar is painfully slow. I am running 8GB RAM and have relatively new I3, so why is this a problem?

Also, is there a way for the NUMLOCK to stay on once logged into windows? I have seen all the regedits to make it on during boot and on the login screen, but nothing once logged in.

Doomsday Jesus fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Sep 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

hooah posted:

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying your num lock turns itself off? Or that you don't want it to be possible to turn off, even if you hit the key?

I cannot enable NUMLOCK once logged into Windows. When I press the key the light doesn't turn on. It is frustrating that every time I have to enter numbers I have to peck at the number row across the top and cannot use the number pad. This was an issue in 8.0, 8.1, and now 10.0.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Thanks everyone for the help with the keyboard. I just need a new one I suppose as a 10 year old keyboard maybe isn't the best option.

New issue. What the gently caress is up with OneDrive syncing? From File Explorer if I navigate to "This PC > LOCAL DISK C > USER > MYNAME > ONEDRIVE > PICTURES > CAMERA ROLL I can see ALL of my photos, including ones I took last night.

If I go to Facebook and follow the exact file path the pictures I can choose have nothing from the last month.

:wtc:

WHAT THE gently caress IS GOING ON? I Just went to that file path and now nothing from the last month is showing locally either. If I go to start and click Photos, all the pictures show up but I cannot navigate to them on my computer or share them with Facebook.

Why is this so hard?

Doomsday Jesus fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Sep 5, 2015

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

OK, what am I missing?

I thought EDGE was the new browser for Windows 10, but all my websites pinned to the task bar open in IE. In addition to that I have EDGE pinned to the task bar, but I cannot pin websites opened in EDGE to the task bar, only the start menu. Once pinned there I cannot pin them to the task bar. Is that not possible?

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

XBenedict posted:

Why are you pinning links to the taskbar? Why not just turn on the Favorites bar in Edge (or Chrome...or Firefox) and bookmark them there? This doesn't seem to be a problem that needs a solution.

Because I have done it on every OS I have used since 2000?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

ilkhan posted:

Not like anything has changed in the last 15 years.

OH, things have changed? Could of fooled me.