Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cycleback
Dec 3, 2004
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources
I am considering purchasing Sandboxie for a new Windows 10 machine based on recommendations that I have read for older versions of Windows. Does anyone have any experience with Sandboxie on Windows 10? Would you still recommend it? Any problems encountered so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cycleback
Dec 3, 2004
I am just considering general usage to avoid malware and such. My impression is that it also makes removing programs later cleaner. Is this correct?

cycleback
Dec 3, 2004

Khablam posted:

Sandboxing the browser is a good idea, and a good use of SB. It only makes "clean" uninstalls better if you only install the program into a sandbox, which is often less reliable than sandboxing an already installed program.
Can you expand on why it is less reliable than sandboxing an already installed program?

Flagrama posted:

Keep in mind if you do one of the Windows upgrades with sandboxie installed, you'll have to uninstall and then reinstall sandboxie. You'll get an error on every login otherwise. Don't know if it actually affects sandboxie itself though.

Do you mean just standard Windows updates require sandboxie to be uninstalled and then reinstalled? That sounds like a pain.