Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
My PC is starting to reboot unexpectedly when I'm in video games. It's really random in terms of how often it happens (can be after minutes or after 100's of minutes). It's only in 3D games so I think it's related to the graphics card (a GTX 980) but it never had problem before and I haven't changed anything except for updating drivers.

Is there an event log somewhere in Win10 I could use to investigate? Or enable some view or more detailed login? The default "event viewer" isn't very helpful in my case ; it only says there's been an unscheduled reboot but there's no entry before that would point me to the right direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
So I have this 1 TB external HDD. Half of it was Bitlocker encrypted, half wasn't. I didn't have enough space on the clear-text one so I wanted to change the ratio to 25/75. I shrunk the BL partition no problem. I know have an extra 200 GB to allocate. I want to extend the unencrypted partition using that extra space. Except Windows won't let me, the "Extend volume" entry stays greyed out in the Disk Management interface:

What do I do?

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

xamphear posted:

Windows disk tool can only expand partitions to space that is to the right (after) the partition. There's no way to expand it using space on the left (before). There may be a third party utility that can accomplish this, maybe someone knows of one and can post it. But it's much harder to add space from before the start than it is to add space after the end.

Given that it's just 400GB of data, it might be a lot faster to move everything out of G:, delete G:, then make a new partition on all that freed up space. Then copy the files back.

Oh. Ok. Is there a reason for that limitation? Just wondering.

Other than that, yeah sure I'll do what you suggested :(

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
I have this bullshit frame that shows up on my screen now every time I use an application that produces sound - Spotify, Teams, Firefox, you name it.

It came after a recent Windows 10 update. I have version 1909.

How do I get rid of this?

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
THANK YOU!

I had already found it for Firefox since my previous post, can't believe this is can't be disabled globally!