Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

O-oh god the quality of Dead Space media is just a bungee ride stretching from floor level and high in the sky over and over again.

edit: actually, just saying it yo-yos between good and bad would've made a lot more sense.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Kamoc posted:

Yeah, it was called "No Known Survivors" and it's sadly lost to the e-ether. Its site was just a Flash embed and the wayback machine didn't archive the .swf file. Sucks because I really wanted to show it off - it was actually a decent ARG, as you said. Went so far as to contact the ad agency that made it to see if they had the files laying around somewhere. They promised to get back to me but that was a year and a half ago, sooo.

The voice you hear in Dead Space that says "Search and Rescue" is a voice clip from No Known Survivors, if I recall.

Basically it's a guy trapped in the organ bank with the door locked and something outside trying to break in, and over the four episodes he remembers/unlocks more content regarding how he got there. Short version, he's a guy whose job it is to sew on replacement limbs for people who get in accidents (this apparently happens a LOT in Dead Space universe) and he's sweet on this one security guard named Gauthier. There's an AI in the same room as him that gives danger assessments for insurance-calculating purposes (it predicts he'll die immediately if he leaves the room) but it also gives dating advice odds (don't ask me how) and he ran several possible conversations with her through the machine.

The interlude had the machine directly address the player and say that humans are in love with the idea of conclusions to events.

Kinda weird we don't see proper AIs in Dead Space. I mean, it may not be much of the setting, but hey, a robot would be perfect against horrible zombie monsters because you know it wouldn't be infected.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Speedball posted:

The voice you hear in Dead Space that says "Search and Rescue" is a voice clip from No Known Survivors, if I recall.

Basically it's a guy trapped in the organ bank with the door locked and something outside trying to break in, and over the four episodes he remembers/unlocks more content regarding how he got there. Short version, he's a guy whose job it is to sew on replacement limbs for people who get in accidents (this apparently happens a LOT in Dead Space universe) and he's sweet on this one security guard named Gauthier. There's an AI in the same room as him that gives danger assessments for insurance-calculating purposes (it predicts he'll die immediately if he leaves the room) but it also gives dating advice odds (don't ask me how) and he ran several possible conversations with her through the machine.

The interlude had the machine directly address the player and say that humans are in love with the idea of conclusions to events.

Kinda weird we don't see proper AIs in Dead Space. I mean, it may not be much of the setting, but hey, a robot would be perfect against horrible zombie monsters because you know it wouldn't be infected.

I'm sure the writersAltman would find a way.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay, I'm getting to the end of the video now and these last 15 minutes are making up for the rest of it on their own, oh my goodness.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
Oh my god, this art is amazingly bad.

Also, at 36:24, that lady straight up looks like Nosferatu.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
What happened to Geop?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
That art looks like it was rushed over the course of an afternoon, yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Templesmith is loving awful. There. I said it.

• Locked thread