Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Okay, I've had my full round of pun shots, and I'm voting fisticuffs.
MAKE WITH THE STOMPS!

Puns are the humor of kings, you uncultured peasant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I'll throw my vote behind the winning candidate and vote fisticuffs too.

Isaac is nothing more than a giant baby in this game: he's pudgy, has barely any hair, communicates only in screams & other inarticulate noises, and he solves problems by flailing around and stamping his feet. I wonder if this was intentional to make contrast between a protagonist who represents new life destroying antagonists who embody death.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Who What Now posted:

Puns are the humor of kings, you uncultured peasant.

Exactly what I'd expect to hear from a filthy scrunt. :colbert:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I like to imagine this was made as a direct response to my post in the LP Recs thread. :allears: Line Gun.

Kamoc
Oct 8, 2003

You cannot eat a purse.
Voting over! Final tally:

Fisticuffs: 14
Line Gun: 9
Plasma Cutter: 1
Pulse Rifle: 1

Fist is first! Expect a new episode of The Punch Bunch™ soon. Also stomps

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Since somebody already drew a nekomorph, I drew you a bootleg Pusheen.

Necrosheen? Pushmorph?

Kamoc
Oct 8, 2003

You cannot eat a purse.

drowZebra posted:

For the person who voted for the Plasma Cutter, even though I think it has no chance...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62G0RrkVnLs

Anoia posted:

Since somebody already drew a nekomorph, I drew you a bootleg Pusheen.

Necrosheen? Pushmorph?

you guys are the greatest

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Is it worth showing the mission reminders/journal? Because of Isaac's classic case of protagonist-muteness, we are made to believe that he is largely taking the events in his stride, non-plussed about the horror unfolding before him. The mission-log however is written in the first person and shows that Issac is actually, to understate it, afraid and vexed at the situation he finds himself in.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

LashLightning posted:

Is it worth showing the mission reminders/journal? Because of Isaac's classic case of protagonist-muteness, we are made to believe that he is largely taking the events in his stride, non-plussed about the horror unfolding before him. The mission-log however is written in the first person and shows that Issac is actually, to understate it, afraid and vexed at the situation he finds himself in.

There's a mission log in Dead Space? :stare:

DialTheDude
Jan 12, 2014

PORK RICE BOWLS

Lipstick Apathy

LashLightning posted:

I thought that's what he was hinting at in the first episode to show off in a future update.

Kibayasu posted:

There's a mission log in Dead Space? :stare:
Surprisingly, yes. I stumbled upon it by accident on my first time through the game. Isaac has been given the Samus Aran treatment (pre-Other M, of course) where his only input in the story is within the in-game journal.

Kamoc
Oct 8, 2003

You cannot eat a purse.
:siren: Update! :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFvlej9DyLg

Now that's over let's figure out what weapon to use for the next episode:
Plasma Cutter
Line Gun
Pulse Rifle
Flamethrower
Fisticuffs

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Some posters just want to watch the Necromorphs burn.

Flamethrower.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

We're still kinda early in the game and necromorphs are also still easy and lame. Save the Flamethrower for more substantial enemies. Let's just use the Pulse Rifle for now.

TyreForHyre
Dec 22, 2011

Ask me about capital Ds and how disintegration is totally rad.
We need to go full on Starshit Poopers, whip out the Pulse Rilfe and light em up!

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Pulse Rifle. I remember I looked up if thermite had any medical use. I thought that maybe it did in small doses, like how nitroglycerin is used for chest pains. It turns out that, no, it doesn't have any medical application although one Dead Space fan said it could be useful for "immediate emergency amputations."

Also, Voidburger should sue Voidburger for stealing her jokes.

Edit: I hope no one teases you about how you pronounce stuff. :( I have a speech impediment so maybe I'm extra sensitive to it, but I still don't think it's nice.

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 19, 2015

Mister Xenophobe
Feb 2, 2008
Plasma cutter, because I'm a boring motherfucker. And the reason they have babies is because they grow bodies to replace limbs and organs that people lose, because deep space mining is stupid dangerous.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Pulse rifle

No greater weapon.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

The science guys probably brought and maintained a population of flies for experiments, since they'd be rather easy to care for. Obviously enough flies escaped for them to become a pest.

I think spiders have been taken up to the ISS to see how they'd make webs in zero gravity, among other things.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Plasma cutter

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Line Gun you fools. It can chop a room in half!

Stratavarius
Nov 6, 2012
Pulse Rifle

I used the Plasma Cutter/Line Gun the entire game, so I've never seen much of the other guns. And I remember the flamethrower being better saved for later.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Throw some flames, please!

And I can't believe that bitch VoidBurger stole all my jokes!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I believe you can catch the projectile spat at you by spitter necromorphs and shoot it back at them.

Or maybe that was Dead Space 2. I know for the ones that do it in that, sending their goo-ball back at them is an instant kill.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
In the original LP, you were planning on hitting all of the spin-off, supplementary things like comics, etc... Is that still in the cards or are you just going to stick to the games?

Kamoc
Oct 8, 2003

You cannot eat a purse.

Speedball posted:

I believe you can catch the projectile spat at you by spitter necromorphs and shoot it back at them.

Looking online and it seems that the spit can only be caught in Dead Space: Extraction and Dead Space 2. I'll definitely test this though in the dry run for episode 3. The spitballs definitely seem like they could be caught by kinesis, at least.

Mutant Headcrab posted:

In the original LP, you were planning on hitting all of the spin-off, supplementary things like comics, etc... Is that still in the cards or are you just going to stick to the games?

It is, though nothing's concrete yet. We're just doing DS1 for now. I'm also wracking my brain to figure out how to "Let's Read" the books/comics with a commentary crew. I've got ideas, just not sure if they're good. We'll worry about that when we get to it.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Thermite isn't just a space thing, and is in fact really easy to make; one of the easiest and cheapest versions of it is aluminum powder and iron oxide, rust, and it's often used for welding. The problem is you need to get it ridiculously hot before it will ignite, to the point you need to use special starters like magnesium ribbons.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I played through this game a million times and only use the same weapons every time, none of which were the Flamethrower.

I don't think I even know what it does. Does it throw flames?

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Can someone please make a gif of that slasher getting the stasis then flying across the room, and then photoshop God Hand's Roulette Wheel on top? I'd do it myself but I don't know how to make gifs and can't photoshop on my phone. Also Line gun.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

tlarn posted:

Thermite isn't just a space thing, and is in fact really easy to make; one of the easiest and cheapest versions of it is aluminum powder and iron oxide, rust, and it's often used for welding. The problem is you need to get it ridiculously hot before it will ignite, to the point you need to use special starters like magnesium ribbons.

Also, once you get the thermite reaction going it runs at over 4000° F, or around 2200°C. You don't ever want that anywhere near your body for any reason. For reference medical cauterization uses temperatures up to around 2000°F or 1200°C. If you get a bit of thermite on you, it will happily melt a hole right through flesh, bone, and start burrowing into the ground underneath you. Do not cauterize your wounds with thermite.

Edit: VVV

ThatPazuzu posted:

Like I said, it's used for immediate amputations.

Taking the idea seriously for a second, it wouldn't really even be useful for that because it would leave a bunch of cooked, dead tissue still attached to you, which means gangrene and sepsis would still be a problem, which means you still need to amputate the cooked flesh off. So you'll need other tools to cut that flesh off, which you might as well use to do the amputation anyway. I won't deny that thermite is one of the more metal means of amputation you might use, but if you want to survive the process it's not the way to go. If you have a couple of railroad segments to weld together though, thermite is your pal. :v:

Oh yeah weapon votes. Since we're talking about hot things I vote flamethrower.

Crigit fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 20, 2015

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Like I said, it's used for immediate amputations.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I remember the flamethrower not being very powerful during my Dead Space play through, so of course I vote for it. Using the least efficient weapons seems to be the running theme of this LP.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

White Coke posted:

I remember the flamethrower not being very powerful during my Dead Space play through, so of course I vote for it. Using the least efficient weapons seems to be the running theme of this LP.

Therefore he must upgrade the Flamethrower at every opportunity!

All nodes must be used to enhance its power! No extra air, no additional spine lighting, no overpriced stasis packs - every last spacentavo MUST go towards buying the power nodes necessary to transform your will into white hot vengeance!

This station is filth and corruption. CLEANSE IT WITH FIRE

DialTheDude
Jan 12, 2014

PORK RICE BOWLS

Lipstick Apathy
Isaac realized that a certain type of TV set wasn't within his budget, so to help narrow it down he Cut the Plasma from his list.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Neophyte posted:

Therefore he must upgrade the Flamethrower at every opportunity!

All nodes must be used to enhance its power! No extra air, no additional spine lighting, no overpriced stasis packs - every last spacentavo MUST go towards buying the power nodes necessary to transform your will into white hot vengeance!

This station is filth and corruption. CLEANSE IT WITH FIRE

I was on the fence but this really lit a fire under me and ignited my passions.

I'm stoked for the flamethrower.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I vote Linegun because I never used it in any of the DS games I played, and I kinda want to see what the hype is about.
Also I noticed early on when you where slapping one of the Slashers, that your melee was getting blocked or deflected? Is that by design or some kind of weird collision thing?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LacklusterMan posted:

I vote Linegun because I never used it in any of the DS games I played, and I kinda want to see what the hype is about.

I also vote Linegun and for the same reasons. Also, what was the Linegun even supposed to be used for? Is it just an upsized Plasma Cutter?

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Best to get the Flamethrower out the way while the challenges the game throws at you are still bearable.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I vote for Flamethrower since it kept Amanda Ripley safe from awful space aliens just fine in that other LP.

Kamoc
Oct 8, 2003

You cannot eat a purse.
Voting's closed! Looks like the next episode's weapon will be...

Plasma Cutter: 3
Line Gun: 4
Pulse Rifle: 5
Flamethrower: 8

The Flamethrower!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Kamoc posted:

Voting's closed! Looks like the next episode's weapon will be...

Plasma Cutter: 3
Line Gun: 4
Pulse Rifle: 5
Flamethrower: 8

The Flamethrower!

Woo! Flame on, brother! :supaburn:

• Locked thread