Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Coke
May 29, 2015
I'll throw my vote behind the winning candidate and vote fisticuffs too.

Isaac is nothing more than a giant baby in this game: he's pudgy, has barely any hair, communicates only in screams & other inarticulate noises, and he solves problems by flailing around and stamping his feet. I wonder if this was intentional to make contrast between a protagonist who represents new life destroying antagonists who embody death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I remember the flamethrower not being very powerful during my Dead Space play through, so of course I vote for it. Using the least efficient weapons seems to be the running theme of this LP.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

SirSamVimes posted:

The plasma cutter is probably the best weapon in the game. It deals solid damage, has a great cutting slice, is versatile at short and long range and reloads quickly.

What I'm saying is that we must never allow them to use it.

Clearly we should just start a write in campaign for a totally stomp only run. Failing that I'd like to see the Ripper .

White Coke
May 29, 2015

ThatPazuzu posted:

We were shortsighted fools and should have saved fisticuffs for last.

Perhaps a strong showing from a grassroots campaign with broad appeal could bring about the triumphant return of fisticuffs.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
From what I've been told lasers don't cauterize wounds they cause them to explode so that means that woman's head should have exploded off of her neck. I think Congo has the most accurate depiction of a weaponized laser what with all the burning, exploding, ape bits.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Small Frozen Thing posted:

This depends entirely on the type, power, and how focused the laser is. Whoever told you that was accurate w/r/t sufficiently powerful pulse lasers, but it's not true for all lasers.

Well yeah, but power requirements are one of the first things thrown out the window in fiction. What'd other lasers do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Speedball posted:

In this particular case, they can reconstitute your dead flesh after you've been killed.

I thought they just accelerated the process, otherwise how would the first necromorph have been created?

• Locked thread