Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who shall win the Community Choice Award?!
This poll is closed.
Zero-Grab Kitty 13 10.57%
Go Fish! 4 3.25%
Sub Optimal 1 0.81%
All Senior Citizens Should Have Life Alert 15 12.20%
PZZL 8 6.50%
Coinless 1 0.81%
Conservation of Momentum 2 1.63%
Echo 4 3.25%
Critical Admission 4 3.25%
VectoRocket 9 7.32%
Impulse 34 27.64%
Sandlot Basenoball 1 0.81%
Slam Fighter II 27 21.95%
Total: 123 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SlightlyMadman
Jan 14, 2005

Afal posted:

Tristram

Things I liked:
  • Oh
  • Jesus
  • Christ

Things I didn't like:
  • I have no idea how to play this game
  • Even if I did know how idk how this game could grab my attention for more than the 10 minutes I've played
  • OH WAIT WAS THE TEXT BUTTONS ALL ALONG HOLY loving BALLS

Stars Awarded For:
  • Style (Does the game look good?): Font makes it hard to read things (T's especially). Buttons that look like the rest of the text
  • Control (Does the game control well?): IT TOOK ME WAY TOO LONG TO FIGURE OUT THAT THOSE WERE ACTUAL LITERAL BUTTONS THAT I COULD PUSH
  • Damage (Is the critical omission clear?): 0 player game hee hee hee
  • Agression (Is the game well polished?): It's 2am and I'm trying to finish all these game reviews and I don't care any more
  • Bonus (Does the game fit any of my bounties?): distinct lack of screenshake

Final Score: 1 out of 5 stars

Thanks for your feedback! I'm going to make another round of updates based on the feedback from judging, and one thing I can do is add mouse-over effects to all clickable elements so that they're more obvious. I'm a little confused how you even dismissed the starting dialog if you didn't know the Continue text was clickable, but I totally see how it could all be a lot clearer. It's really difficult to understand what's going on without reading the instructions first, and while I was sure to add mouse over text to everything I could think of, you of course have to know to mouse over things first.

I may also add a brief instructions screen from the main menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread