Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Shouldn't "journalist" be surrounded by quotes?

You could do the same thing for a card based on Jon Stewart, but it would have a completely different meaning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Deep Hurting fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 13, 2015

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

I guess I'd rather have cheap puns than thematic game mechanic accuracy.

Deep Hurting fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 13, 2015

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

I wanted to make a Herman Cain one but I don't know enough about Pokemon.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Hodgepodge posted:

Okay one more then I'm done for the night:

(Needs a Future Sight frame imo)

Those M15 frames are really ugly.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Thought about including flavor text referencing that disturbed woman quoted by this forums poster's avatar and tagline, but it made me too uncomfortable.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006
This thread would not be complete without some Pauls:

Deep Hurting fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Sep 2, 2015

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Full Battle Rattle posted:

These rules allow for so many clever little allusions.

You could give the creature a weakness in its rules text that both balances it out and gives it an additional allusion.

Something like:

"All red creatures gain 'T: Do one damage to target Undocumented Worker' as long as there are any Undocumented Workers in play."

Or:

"Red creatures attacking you get +1/+1 unless you pay (2)."

Deep Hurting fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Sep 2, 2015

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

I hated looking at his ugly face while making this.

Deep Hurting fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Sep 3, 2015

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006
Variations on a theme or two...

Deep Hurting fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 4, 2015

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Not sure if this one qualifies as election-themed, but I thought it was actually a pretty cool concept for a card in general:

I was gonna make it green but blue is the one that usually screws with control of resources, as I recall.

Deep Hurting fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Sep 6, 2015

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

I'm not sure why anyone would ever play this. I guess as part of a control strategy where creatures with power greater than 1 are autmatically destroyed or something?

Remember cumulative upkeep? Do they still use that mechanic or what? I stopped paying attention to Magic after the first time they radically changed the style guide for the cards and made them uglier/less visually interesting. Incidentally, I wish this cardsmith thing had an option for "classic" card design styles.

Finding an image for this one reminded me of just how flipping lazy Bill Day is.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Occultatio posted:

e: found the exact flavortext quote I was looking for

Dunno if that really has anything to do with the election, but

"Whenever a creature deals damage to Ted Rall, that creature becomes a Hitler until end of turn."

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

"Whenever Police Officer damages a black creature, roll a six-sided die. If the roll is even, all damage done to Police Officer this turn is reduced to zero. If the roll is odd, bury Police Officer."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

• Locked thread