Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Wentley posted:

"Did your subordinate make a mistake, as he did this time?"
"O-of course!" He replied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
It's too bad that you have to work with him. I bet he won't even get the right certificate, since it's been so long since he's even looked at them. Then you'll just have to wait even longer!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Convince Ox we'll agree to come along if he lets the cat go. Tell him to blame Horse for the kitten's escape when he gets back to king Yama, claiming while Horse was taking his time getting the certification, Ox was busy fighting the mighty Cock, who was secretly a powerful warrior. Ox will get praised for capturing us by himself and given more authority over Horse, who will be punished for losing the kitten.

Then when Horse gets back, convince him Ox is going to betray him and tell him to fight Ox for the Cock's soul now that he's "tired from fighting us", then we escape and destroy the documents after they've beaten each other up enough.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

super sweet best pal posted:

Convince Ox we'll agree to come along if he lets the cat go.
Revenant Cok: Kokoko?
Ox-head: No.

quote:

Tell him to blame Horse for the kitten's escape when he gets back to king Ya-,
Revenant Cock: ko ko kooo ko k-
Ox-head: You aren't the first to seperate me from my timeless best bro, chicken.

He seem very annoyed by this.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

This guy's good.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Hm. Maybe the Spartacus defense will work.

Actually, I am the cat.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

"How come you denigrate me by saying I'm not normal Ox?"

Also if we need to get him on the back hoof, imply he's being a chicken racist due to our black colouring too

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Actually, I am the cat.
Revenant cock Cat: Koko, ko.
Ox-head: No, you are a chicken.

alpaca diseases posted:

"How come you denigrate me by saying I'm not normal Ox?"

Also if we need to get him on the back hoof, imply he's being a chicken racist due to our black colouring too
Revenant cock Cat: KOKO KOKOKOKOKO KOKO! KOKOKKO? KOKO KO KO KO KO KOKOKOKOKOKOKOKO! KO?

Ox-head: Pl-please calm down. I know you are a fine fowl of great cultural significant who went through decades on oppressive consumption by the human who gave you that name. And no, I am very certain you aren't the cat. I just saw that cat and you look nothing like a cat-

Revenant cock Cat: KO!?!?!?! KOKO KOK OKO KOK OK KO KO KO KKO KOKOK OKO KOKO! KOKOKOKOK
KOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKKOKOkKO KOK, OK OK OKOKOKOKOK KOKOK KKOK OKO
KOKOKO KOKO KO! KKOOOK KOKKOOOK, KKOOKO, KOKKKOOOOK, KOOOKOO
KOO KO! KOOKOKOK KK O O O K! KO? KOOOOOOO? KOOOKOKO! KOOOOO!

Ox-head: Shut the hell up! Dammit! I am not trying to be judgemental to your appearance and your self-identity as a cat. No matter how much you tell me you resemble a cat in any metaphysical form or soul or coloration of your soul skin, YOU. ARE. A. GODDAMN. CHICKEN!

Revenant cock Cat: *Shocked by racism*

What to do next?

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 15, 2017

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Lodge official discrimination suit.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Blasphemaster posted:

Lodge official discrimination suit.
As a wild rouge spirit that wasn't suppose to be staying in the world of living. Visiting higher level of official authority might be a bad idea.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Lecture Ox head about his bearaus appropriation of barnyard culture

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Also does Rocky have joss?

If so spend joss to have the spirits of Karl's also PTSD suffering brothers be in the neighbourhood to come see that the racket is- and be very unimpress with what they see as Horse-heads stolen (warhorse) valour

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Sep 15, 2017

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

alpaca diseases posted:

Also does Rocky have joss?
He doesn't.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

:smith:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

This game I tell you. It's fantastic.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
You're healing this cat, that's what :colbert:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Ahh, raining time means less patients, but a lot more later who will caught the cold. Broken shelter and torn clothes just won’t do. I have been through the same tragedy myself.

As an abandoned child who managed to survives from the harshest time in the slum,my wits have saved me more often that other. Regardless, I have to hunt for rats and steal from others during my adolescent period because begging is useless when everyone is poor. You see, I am what you call a gifted child. I learn thing faster than anyone does, my observation are sharper, and learning through reactions of thing has leads me to become a street doctor with street hard knowledge. People get sick all the time, finding plants that are next to those unaffected are one of the clues of nature to the solution. My current occupation would be considers the most valued in the slum, above the gang leader. No one want to steal or harm the doctor who will saves his or her life someday. Who else can treat them when you are sick or wounded?

If only… I was born in the better section of the city and having a proper education. I could only imagine how much more I can become and contribute. Alas, all these knowledge will die with me.

It was what I thought.

On a certain snowy day while hunting for herb that grow in winter, I found an abandoned baby in a basket. A letter and an expensive blue jewel armband. The letter begged someone to save her. Obviously, as a person of the slum, I sold the armband as payment for keeping the child. You always pay Dr. Why for his service. No exception.

I planned to keep the child until it’s old enough as a teen to go survive by herself in the slum, so I just lazily named her Snow. I taught her all my survivor skill and how to stab with a dagger, and she absorbed it all in no time. Then I realized, she is also gifted like me, but will be doomed like me if she waste her time on surviving.

So I spent all the money and income I could to provide whatever education she needed. She will inherit my medical knowledge, and she will spread her wings when she become an adult. She will show me how far that I could had gone and become.

*Thump*

Someone opened the door in haste, must be an emergency that someone would risk running in the rain to get here. A life and death situation.

I peek over to make sure it is not thugs with my needle readied in my hand. Bizarrely, it was a naked Filial Child trying to save a cat… Ah, whatever. Kids do stupid things. I lead the child to treat his cold while Snow probably will bury the cat for him.

I didn’t ask how or why it happened, but from the bruise, I can only assume he got beaten for a cat and the slum people stole his cloth. He was very fortunateto not have his life stolen instead of sleeping peacefully in the safest place in the slum. Raising a kid like a free-range chicken is foolish, but not everyone can care for their child. Especially the one without parents…

Snow is taking awhile, so I went to check, and surprisingly, she decided to wrap up the injuries and bleeding of the dead-looking cat. More extra charges to the medical bill of Filial Child later.

Hmm? Is Snow crying over a dead cat with hands in her face? My, that tomboy finally acting like a girl. A precious quality, but a dangerous one to have in the slum. Sigh, she ties the bandage wrong, a good opportunity to show her how to handle softer being like a baby.

“Looks like you need help.” I offered nonchalantly. Thinking about using more herbs on the cat to increase the bill.

She lowers her hands and turns her head to me with a very stressed face. “No, it’s dead.”

Her tone sounded very annoyed with a hint of anger. Did I intrude too soon? I did heard ladies need their time, but it’s too late now. “It could be alive if you wrap those cloths properly.”

My hand touched the bandage, and felt warm. I inspected the cat like a normal patient. I am no animal doctor, but warm blooded mammal at least work the same as human. Snow gave me a stink eyes for some reason.

“As a street doctor who diagnosed the human for two dozen years with hardly any experience in animal treatment except cooking them, I can safely proclaim this cat…”

“Is still alive.”

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGpWny29ilA

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Dun dun DUN DUN dun dunnnnnnnn

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Slum doctor, best doctor?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

You are awaken to your turtle self. This place is brighter than you recall. Wow, you are shining!

No, it was all these strings that are shining! How convenient to have strings that will lights up in the dark!

They extends so far! You can see the straight extend all the way to the center of the pond!

There it wrap around a rock tightly to prevent it from getting swallowed up by the whirlpool!

Despite the overwhelming amount of strings to hold the stone, you lack the strength to pull it out, and worst of all, you are getting pull in! You hold onto Baba's rock for support and it does slow down the pull. If only you have more rocks tied to you!

"Hey, kid." A familiar voice came from the direction of the nearby weed plant. Then a large shadow shots up from it and land behind you.

You whip your long necked head backward to see a thing. It says, "Hi, I am the new no-stupid-dog guard."

"I am also the fox that you tried to catch. Any last words?" The thing's face(?) open up widely to reveal so many teeth. You are pretty sure it's going to eat you, but you do recall trying to catch a fox for its pelt as a gift to Li Foil. So this is what Karma feels like.

Write-in

---------------------

A bleak silence between the doctor and apprentice in front of a not-dead(?) cat.

"How is it alive?" Snow questioned the livability of the dead thing on the table. "The cat isn't breathing and heart beating."

"You seen drown people before?" Doctor Why questioned back. "They don't breath and have a stopped heart sometimes."

"But-" Snow is confused by the contradiction to what she learned about the state of alive and dead from the books. "This cat have stopped breath for at least ten minutes!"

"Ha!" Doctor Why expressed his amusement at the silly logic. "People can hold their breath far longer than that."

Snow stares back at the cat. It is not breathing, or look like it is holding a breath. More like a coma patient if not a dead one. She look back at her mentor to asks, "Really?"

Doctor Why reply with the most confident face to his apprentice. "Of course."

"... Okay." Snow submit to the superior wisdom of her mentor, and accepted this strangeness of survivability as part of her medical knowledge. She then proceed to ask for the next step. "But how do we revive it?"

One of Doctor's Why's eyebrow raised as if questioning the legitimacy of the question, then we answers. "What did I taught you about reviving drown people?"

Snow's eyes lit up to the realization of what much done. Mouth to mouth resuscitation procedure. She looks back at the cat with its pulled up smile-mouth.

"Make sure to treat it like a baby." Doctor Why cautioned. A cat is fragile like a human baby, and maybe ever more so. Any misstep could spell a crushed rip or over oxygenate to the patient.

Snow glances back at her mentor to ask one last question before she perform the CPR. "This isn't a prank, right? You aren't lying, right?" An innocent question of a child.

"Yes, it is a joke." Doctor Why answer.

Snow's mouth went agape at the unexpected responds.

"I will be the one to do the resuscitation." Doctor Why rolled up his sleeve and begin to walks closer to the cat.

"Why?" Snow asked in her double shocked states of bewilderment as the doctor moisten his lip.

Doctor Why lowers his head closer to the cat as he says before the professional impact. "This is too advance for you to handle." *smooch*

---------------------------------------

A chill ran over Horse-face as you pops back into the mortal world. Something sickening is happening over this strange job.

"DON'T TELL ME I CAN'T WALK ON TWO, YOU DISCRIMINATING CHICKEN!" Ox-head shouted at the ghost chicken.

Placing one hand on his long face, Horse-head approaches his partner. "What did I said about talking, you stupid cow." He let out a long "heeeeeeeeee~" sigh.

"Listen, bro!" Ox-head turned around, also ignoring the part about keeping an eye on that tiny little chicken. "This chicken is sure is something awful! He is lecturing me about bearaus appropriation of barnyard culture! Like he know how to be a better ox than me!"

"Stop... stop." Horse-face said weakly. "Just stop." He ponder if this is the sickening chill he got with a growing headache.

The Revenant Cock has been silent and still ever since the arrival of the Horse-face. A much more difficult foe in terms of intelligent.

Ox-head seem to be calmed as he concernedly asks. "You okay, bro? Did you get the papers?"

Horse-face took a deep breath. "Bad news, cow." Then hands two parchment to Ox-head.

Ox-head looks at it. Then looks at it closer. Moves his head back away from the paper, and finally stares closely at the paper again. As if he can't comprehend the detail of its content. He raises his head up at Horse-face to asked. "That chicken and that cat is one of 'those'? Really?"

Horse-face nods.

"Really..." Ox-head looks back down at the parchment again. Then raise back up. "But they are a normal ghost chicken and a normal ghost cat."

Horse-face nods... Slowly.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

But Mr Fox, I'm clearly a turtle and not a dog, stupid or otherwise. That doesn't sound like you are doing your job!

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Do you like noodles Mister Fox? I could make you some nice noodles. Also I'm all kinds of awful cursed so I'd probably make you just SO sick in the tummy.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

DOES IT LOOK LIKE I CAN BE EATEN RIGHT NOW FOX CAN'T YOU SEE IM A BIT BUSY TRYING TO MAKE UP FOR ALL MY NOW *AND* FUTURE KARMA!! WE CAN TALK LATER!!!

ACTUALLY BIT OF HELP WOULDN'T HURT!- DO YOU THINK YOU'LL GET TO NINE TAILS EASIER BEING A ZENKO OR A YAKO

disclaimer: I have no idea how fox spirits actually work

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 1, 2017

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

alpaca diseases posted:

DOES IT LOOK LIKE I CAN BE EATEN RIGHT NOW FOX CAN'T YOU SEE IM A BIT BUSY TRYING TO MAKE UP FOR ALL MY NOW *AND* FUTURE KARMA!! WE CAN TALK LATER!!!

ACTUALLY BIT OF HELP WOULDN'T HURT!- DO YOU THINK YOU'LL GET TO NINE TAILS EASIER BEING A ZENKO OR A YAKO

disclaimer: I have no idea how fox spirits actually work

I like this idea!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Get the fox caught in our thread.

It'll have to help us if it doesn't want to get swept into the whirlpool with us.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

If you swallow me, this string's gonna pull you into the whirlpool! You better find a way to get me untied if you want to eat me!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

”Captainicus” posted:

But Mr. Fox, I am clearly a turtle and not a dog, stupid or otherwise. That doesn’t sound like you are doing your job!”

The fox returns to a smiles and asks, “Do you see any dogs here?”

You whip your long necked head 360 and then shake your backward head.

“THEN I AM DOING MY JOB!”

”Blasphemaster posted:

Do you like noodles Mister Fox? I could make you some nice noodles. Also I’m all kinds of awful cursed so I’d probably make you just SO sick in the tummy.”

It returns to a nice face to reply. “Ah, but if you are cursed and cause bad tummy, then the noodle you touch would be cursed too.”

My noodle is…
A) Not cursed. The fox will proceed to eat you because it believe you aren’t cursed that badly in that case.
B) cursed and make your tummy hurt. Lost faith in making good noodle.

Wait, both answers are terrible!

“More importantly, how would you make me noodle as a turtle?”

1) Good question. Write-in

alpaca diseases posted:

DOES IT LOOK LIKE I CAN BE EATEN RIGHT NOW FOX CAN’T YOU SEE IM A BIT BUSY TRYING TO MAKE UP FOR ALL MY NOW *AND* FUTURE KARMA!! WE CAN TALK LATER!!!

ACTUALLY BIT OF HELP WOULDN’T HURT! DO YOU THINK YOU’LL GET TO SUPER FOX IF YOU HELP ME?

“Your tiny squabbling noise is cute.”

“BUT YOU DON’T ASK FOR FAVOR BY YELLING, YOU KNOW?””

The strong voice of the fox shakes you entirety with the breath pushing you closer to the pond.

”Super sweet best pal” posted:

Get the fox caught in our thread.
The fox raised a paw with an extended nail. “Now let us do this in a social table manner between food and diner, shall we?” It lowers the nails to below one of your golden string. “I will cut one string for every bad manner or bad answer.” It slides its claw back and forth on the vulnerable strings like a fish caught in fishnet.

”Hbar posted:

If you swallow me, this string’s gonna pull you into the whirlpool! You better find a way to get me untied if you want to eat me!

“Oh, good point. I will cut off all these string to untie you now.” The fox does a little flick of its paw and the nail slice off one golden string cleanly. The force of the pool now pull you with a bit more force. The fox is readying to slice the second string off.

2) What should you do? Write-in

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

e: nvm that'd probably make him cut a string

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Oct 4, 2017

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

1. I may be cursed but my dedication to noodle is stronger than any curse. The plants here grow out of my love for noodle. I stopped a riot with noodle. If you would please wait I shall bring noodle to the forest where we met last time.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I'M SO VERY SORRY PLEASE DON'T MURDER MY SOUL OVER THE ACTIONS OF A DUMB CURSED IGNORANT CHILD! Also I could do you a solid in the future, you name it! *start crying uncontrollably since we're a kid*

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

Blasphemaster posted:

I'M SO VERY SORRY PLEASE DON'T MURDER MY SOUL OVER THE ACTIONS OF A DUMB CURSED IGNORANT CHILD! Also I could do you a solid in the future, you name it! *start crying uncontrollably since we're a kid*

This is a great idea.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

1. I may be cursed but my dedication to noodle is stronger than any curse. The plants here grow out of my love for noodle. I stopped a riot with noodle. If you would please wait I shall bring noodle to the forest where we met last time.

Noodle.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Do we see any other rocks nearby or in the pool?

Perhaps a vaguely cock shaped one?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'd suggest tying kitten rock to Why rock but the fox might get mad.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Was this worth passing on a better job to guard a turtle pond?

Will the bad karma from stopping good deed *and* lifetime of bad luck and doom fuelled loneliness from consuming a Heaven Murder Lone Star be worth it just for revenge on some stupid noodle kid? noodle

Also- what's your name Mr Fox? :-)

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

1. I may be cursed but my dedication to noodle is stronger than any curse. The plants here grow out of my love for noodle. I stopped a riot with noodle.
"Not really." He sliced one more string off you. "The curse work at every moment, yet you only spent one-third of the day on noodle. How could you claim it to be stronger?"

quote:

If you would please wait I shall bring noodle to the forest where we met last time.
"Hmm, that may work..." the claw sawing the third string back and forth as the fox wavers from the offering.

Blasphemaster posted:

I'M SO VERY SORRY PLEASE DON'T MURDER MY SOUL OVER THE ACTIONS OF A DUMB CURSED IGNORANT CHILD!

Then he slices the third string annoyed. "What did I said about yelling?"

quote:

Also I could do you a solid in the future, you name it! *start crying uncontrollably since we're a kid*
*sigh* He seem unimpressed. "The pant already done the work i need." He grind his nails on baba's rock to sharpen it.

alpaca diseases posted:

Was this worth passing on a better job to guard a turtle pond?

Will the bad karma from stopping good deed *and* lifetime of bad luck and doom fuelled loneliness from consuming a Heaven Murder Lone Star be worth it just for revenge on some stupid noodle kid? noodle
"Oh, no, no. You seem to misunderstood." He gave you a nice smile as he explains. "I am hired to make sure you don't d-"

alpaca diseases posted:

Do we see any other rocks nearby or in the pool?

Perhaps a-
You fling your head all around again to find any familiar rock to tie on, and the fox says, " Hey? are you thinking of doing something that i am hired to prevent?"

You don't have time to reply before the paw of the fox smack you gentle up to the air. Wow, it's really high up when you are a turtle, but you get a good look of the fox's scarlet fur that glows a bit with lines on some body part like a skeleton drawing tatoo on the skin. "Oh no," it says with a smile, "i guess i have no choice but you smack you out cold!" your consciousness begin to fade, but you saw the cat rock in the river get pulled out with you.

3 destiny refunded

You finally remembered the familiar voice, "Psst, kid, try to bring Li Foil's pant next time with the noodle."

---------------

The agents of the underworld has decided to pull up some chairs and tables to have their afternood snack in the middle of the road. They have a pot of tea, and few plate of vegetables dishes. They are chatting casually without any of the prior tension.

The Revenant Cock decides to...
A) keep waiting and listen to their gossip
B) join in the tea time
C) Ruins their tea time
D) Sneak away to find the cat soul
E) Do what chicken usually do when they are normal chicken
F) Write-in

-------------

"Doc, what are you doing to the cat with your-" Snow asked with concerned expression, but was interrupted by...

*flesh opening(?) noise*

"I am busy, dear." Doctor Why replied as he blow air into the-uh...

"I don't think that suppose to be opened... at that angle..." As much as Snow is cold hearted to a human being, cat is more fragile and the doc shouldn't be using his pinky and middle finger to-

*Sound of something tearing off from the surface it sticks to*

"Dear," Doctor Why retort. "This is high level surgery. The cat need to be ****** then ***** and put its **************** into the tray for it to cold down before we can returns the **************. You know how it is."

"But..." Snow asks with more concerns after the explanation. "Don't you do some of those procedures only to dead people?"

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

B but I don't know how much faith I have in our table manners...