Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Two group of well-armed people staring intently at the opposition group. I would had thought they have turned to stone if not for the sudden focus on my arrival.

“Come here, Filial Child!” Li Foil cheered out gleefully from the left group of tight robed guards. He sat in the large grounded litter with four muscular man to lift it on command. Beside Li Foil, is his smiling mother with the expecting eyes of fulfilling my assurance for siding with them.

Turning my head to look at the Ba family side is a less happier family of a sad looking Baba looking expectantly at me to join his side. He rides with his father on a beautiful dark horse decorated with robe and shapes. His mother rode a white stallion with contracting colors of black. Their whole color theme are primary black while the Foil family’s size are dotted with red.

My leg can’t move. Their piercing gaze are all pulling me towards their side, as if I would get rip apart if I don’t relent to one force soon. Even Ramen is getting agitated and patting my face with his flat paws. Does it want me to go to the left since he keep patting my left cheek? If only cat can write.

The three-way standoff ends when Li Foil hopped out of his litter impatiently and pulled me into it with his smiling mother with a confused gaze at my neck. Li Foil asked about the cat on my shoulder, and I told him I am wearing animal skin necktie like his pant. Li Foil nods approvingly while his mother chuckle a little. Ramen has settled down after getting inside the litter. It seem he do want me to come to this side. I agree, this little family litter box is comfy and shade from the summer weather.

“Is this the way of Foil, to steal friend from others?” Baba’s father challenging voice shouting out clearly. He doesn’t sound pleased with the outcome, but seem to shift the blame to Li Foil’s mother.

“Such accusation!” Madam Foil place her hand over mouth as if in shock. Her voice remain soft and low, but somehow clear and penetrating to the other party. “My Boy simply invited his friend,” She stared at me sharpening eyes like a sword that would easily cause me to bleed if I dare to move a single inch. I-I probably imagined that from my nervousness. “Filial Child Promised to join his.” Her words is like rope that ties my honor to this litter.

There’s no going back at this point. But It’s not a promise! I wanted to say. It’s… it’s a simple agreement! However, saying that might ruin the gigging joy of Li Foil right now. I can’t make my other friend cry too. Silent is golden, silent is golden…

Ramen seem to be agitated again for some reason.

“Toot!” A clear sound of spitting from the other side followed by Baba’s mother shouting equally loud and clear like her husband. “Your trickery has gone too far at the expense of my child, you vile woman!”

I can’t see very well inside the litter, but all the men on our side are readied to pull their weapon in reaction to the insult.

A flash of raging emotion passed madam Foil’s face within a blink of the eye before calming down to her unchanging soft tone of a classy woman. “Oh? Is the Ba family here today to rob our guest to appease your spoiled little child?” The soft words of her is weaved with visible daggers like the readied men. Depends on what the Ba family going to respond; this could turn into a brawl.

“Not at all.” Baba’s father responded with a solemn tone. It is clear message of non-aggression yet not backing down from the tension. “The Ba family simply wish to show Filial Child that WE are the better hunter.”

A wide spreading smile turned from grin to chuckle from madam Foil. Her eyes are lit with interest and... and something I can’t really tell. An energized excitement? But very engaging and… eager? Either way, madam Foil made her emotion clear: “A challenge from the Ba Family?” She fabricated a laughs as she states, “Our Family would find your group of ‘Military’ men to not have the right job description for a ‘Hunter.” Her laugh faded as she recovers. When did she started laughing for real? “However, for the sake of our ‘relationship’, the Foil family would gladly extend our welcome to you.” She relaxed on her sit to pat on the head of the gritty Li Foil, but her last comment is a sharpened arrow to the other side. “Maybe you all can learn a bit of hunting from us.”

I can’t imagine the short moment of silent that might be boiling over there before the ex-general simply replies with the standard courteousness: “We thank you for your generosity.” Followed by Baba’s mother adding, “We look forward to showing you how to skin a dragon when the Ba Family catches it.”

I am glad to be inside here in this litter at this moment. Thanks, Ramen.

“This is going to be fun!” Li Foul exclaimed to me. He seem to be the only person to be enjoying amidst the chocking air of tensions. I can only nod nervously while sweating profusely.

———-
[[[[I am going to cruise for a week.]]]]

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Have a fun vacation!!

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

I didn't vote last update because I didn't have any good ideas about what to do, but I'm glad to see another update and also glad it didn't go disastrously yet.

Toughy posted:

Have a fun vacation!!
Yeah this too. If anything starts to go badly, just put some pants on your head and communicate with the locals in cryptic pictograms and it'll probably turn out fine.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Toughy posted:

Have a fun vacation!!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Toughy posted:

Have a fun vacation!!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Thanks all. Hopefully i will be bore enough to write the rest in the trip.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The telltale signs of summer continues to remind everyone of its presence even under the protected shade of forestry. The harshly bright summer sky shines strongly in azure blue. Birds flew freely and happily in their freedom of owning the sky to themselves. Numerous cries of wild lives from all sides taunting the hunting team to seek them for reward or disappointment. No matter how slow the rabbit is moving, or how vulnerable a deer is sleeping, both hunting team moved on without batting an eyes. To all of them who have caught numerous beast in the past, these beasts aren’t worth the glory and certainly not for the money. What they all seeks, is creature of rumor and legend. Dangerous and strong beast that it coexist with tigers. It has to be – The King of the Forest.

This ultimate apex predator resemble a white-chested black bear with no nature predator. It is say to inhabit on high mountain peak and highly aggressive to human. Escaped witnesses account that it have recently rehabituated from its peak and now living in the forest to reign its forest as the sole king of the jungle. Confident in its might and prowess, eyewitness says the beast have become arrogant and do not pay attention to those who considered beneath it.

It won’t be much trouble if it were just like a regular bear. No, this bear can walk on two legs and brawl like a salvage berserker. Some say it took that form for it knows Kung Fu that let it leap from tree to tree and its mighty roar can fell trees! A terrible creature to encounter indeed, which makes it more valuable and glorious for those who can claim its life.

Both traveling groups are moving in a straight line with the Ba family leading the search while the Foil family follows closely.

“Why are they at the front, mother?” Li Foil asked after feeling behind, literally. “They would have the first dibs on the hunt!”

“My child.” Madam Foil pats her son’s head as she explains the way of the Foil Family. “You let the laborer do all the work while we claim the credit from them as appropriate.”

“But they aren’t our-“ Li Foil’s further inquiry was interrupted when a servant whisper to the litter of the beast’s sighting.

Both team has slowed to a crawl as they approached the black and white bear of legend. The one whom claimed many lives and fears no one.

“Mother! The Ba family is going to get the beast!” Li Foil urged once more for her mother to reconsider their position at the back row in the hunt against a this... Calm creature. Perhaps lazy is the better word from the eyes of Li Foil, but surely it simply not care for the merger forces that isn’t worth in its sight.

Madam Foil let out a reassuring smirk to her child. “I will jump in to claim the prize at the proper moment.” She assured.

Baba’s parent and their cavaliers has long since been dismounted and approaching the supposedly king of the forest. The air of calmness and insecurity surrounds the carefree confident bear as it plays around with a piece of bamboo like a dog chewing a bone playfully tauntingly.

General Ba whispers to his wife. “Is this really the King of Forest?”

“It match the description. Look, even that vile woman is eyeing the creature greedily.” Baba’s mother point to Madam Foil who is walking now out of the litter as she explains. “She ploy for us to weaken the beast before she snatch it from us like last time.”

“Not this time.” General Ba reply with a scowl. There was a time where that rival of his has taken advantage of a situation that lead to the Foil’s victory, but he have learn his lesson and now can speak with confident as he eyes the gentle dangerously composed bear. The beast’s true eyes hidden within the black ring around its eyes as it watches them with disinterest.

All hunters are unnerved. For a beast to felt so safe of its surroundings, it would have to be truly powerful and highly dangerous as the rumor said.

The Ba husband and wife left their child with a guard beside the litter of Foil family. It is the safest place for their son, but their pride would declare that if their son fall, so will it drag along the Son of Foil Family.

A few steps away from the clearing beyond the bush, the beast remain unfazed by the killing intent of Baba’s parent.

A nod between the married couple signal the jump for action action with their Dou sword. The discipline men of Ba Family all stood up from all side to form a ring at the clearing edge with spear pointing forward. This pseudo battle ring between the Ba duo against the bear, which raise a glances at the new scenery and went back to chewing bamboo.

To the eyes of those who are overthinking this situation, the bear is sharping its teeth from the hard wood, readying to pounce reflexively to those who dares challenge its might presence.

———————-

The world is an unfair place. If you are not favor by heaven, you will lives a harsh life. If heaven don’t like you, well, the mountain will be in flame and you are forced to jump off the cliff of a mountain.

Yet, despite that, Roid will take a chance to visit the mountain known for a beast beloved by god. A sanctuary for the gentle being that said to bring peace to all who wishes to stay with it. He hopes the great creature would shelter him from his fugitive lifestyle.

Roid have many gifts, mostly grass that he found during his travel that he found particularly tasty, which is quite a lot for someone who is constantly on the run and getting by with whatever scrap he can scavenge. He spotted the King of Forest at this particularly coincidental moment of its great need. The gentle giant is surround by... Authorities and militia of man. Now is my chance to gain favor for the king of forest! Surely it would shelter me from its threat after seeing my bravery! This outlaw thought to himself.

“MEEHHH!” The goat ‘meeh’ his warcry that might resemble in meaning to ‘f the militia’ and charged down the hill with increasing fierceness of someone who doesn’t care for speed limit. A sudden heat from behind turns his head to inspect mid charge. Both his tail and the some edible offering are on fire for some reason and it is starting to hurt like hell! He need to find water and doubling his charging speed by survival instinct. Yet, a wall of militia lined up with spear facing away from the goat. He intended to headbutt one of them and wait for the protection, but now, one unfortunate and surprised spearman of the half-circle get headbutted literally on the butt.

Like a bird who flew in the sky briefly. The surprised and butthurt spearman is send flying directly into the path of the charging Ba duo, which surprised them and halt their rear endault against the beast loved by gods.

Everyone turns their head in reaction towards the goat who dares to challenge the authorities of the great Ba Family. Except Roid whom instantly turns his head to eye the great king of the forest, hoping it will now show its gratitude by extending its protectio-

The bear lost interest almost as soon as a glance at Roid before it ignores the scene all in favor of performing three barrel roll to let the ground scratch its itchy belly. Its short arm can’t quite reach the lower part of its tubby belly.

“Get that goat! I will take care of this beast myself!” The proud General Ba tell his wife, which she spun away after a nod and a glare to the litter with the answer already formed in his mind. A goat on fire? Surely, this is the work or the vile woman in the litter.

Roid is in too much panic to care about his first impression to the King of Forest anymore. He got a bunch of authority on his flaming rear end with enough sharp spear to convince the outlaw to make a quick U-turn back up the hill. The outlaw is on the run. We probably can guess how it will end for him as he rush up the hill to seek and jump into a place with plenty of water. Again.

With half the militia chasing after a forest goat in hope of recovering the pride of the Ba Family, the old general immediately resume his assault to the uncaring beast. Said beast is now licking the bamboo as it stare at the man, clearly challenging him like a villain licking a dagger mockingly... And strangely adorably.

A laugher come from behind and approaching rapidly to the charging general. In his charge, his attack was impeded once more by the thin and long Jian (Chinese Sword) imbedded an inch into the ground, followed by the landing of Madam Foil who picks up her weapon in one smooth motion.

Facing his mortal enemy, General Ba demanded an answer to the impediment of his hunt. “What are you plotting, you vile bitch!”

“Language dear, language.” Madam frown with a motherly admonishment at the barbaric child in front of her.

The General shake from the adrenaline passed as he struggle from the slur of treating him like a child. First the bear taunt him, and now his eternal rival is getting in his way, twice. Only through great display of control from the General to be able to hold on his dignity and shouts to his men. “Did I swear a curse word, my men!?”

The left over disciplined spearman straighten and bang their spear end to the ground to shout back in unison. “NO, SIR!”

General Ba fold his arm in smiling triumph.

Madam Foil slowly shake her head with a small smile. “Children.” Everyone here is not a man in her eyes.

“You seek to steal my prize?” The General asked with some good mood remain from his delinquent-like disobedience to the woman.

“Of course, my dear retired general.” Madam Foil mocked pointedly at the ‘retire’ part to inflame the prideful general. “After seeing such a poor... Humiliating display from the Ba Family’s hunters-“ She chuckles openly as she reminisce the ridiculousness scene before continuing her insulting answer. “For the sake of salvaging your pride, I decided claim this beast, so that you can at least take pride in losing to a reputable family instead of-“ She let out another chuckle. “A goat.”

Sweats fell from all spearmen who watched the wide-eyed general with a wide stretching mouth of wrathful unamusement. The boss is going to break everything here, the discipline men thoughts to themselves as they watched him sheathing his Dou (Chinese Sabre). Their fear comes from the weapon that the General pulls out from his back – A Jian (or Bian).

Not to confuse with the straight sword (劍 (jiàn)) held by Madam Foil, this is a similar sounding but different weapon all together: This is actually a large mace (鐧 (jiǎn))that weight twice as much as a saber, and true to its weight, it can inflict incredibly damage that befits its title of Sword Breaker. General Ba is tapping it on his other hand patiently like a father ready to give their children a spanking. The half ring of men all unanimously took a silent step-by step back slowly; they knew the circumference from the litter should the safe zone.

The bear fell asleep on its spot while the butt-soring victim chose the duty of chasing the goat instead of staying in this family feud.

“How’s your legs?” Madam Foil reminded his opponent of the injury she inflicted in the last bout.

General Ba grins. “Be careful not to burn your son this time.”

The smile on Madam Foil was gone as soon as she was reminded of her fatal mistake last time. Without further exchange of insults, Madam Foil thrusts her Jian with all her body weight towards the grinning man who only have enough time to say, “Woman can’t take a joke.”

———-

Loud crushing and exchanged of sword strike resonate from both weapon. Li Foil is super excited to see his mom fighting Baba’s dad through the window of the ladder. Filial Child on the other hand, is indecisive as before. If only he could take another vacation on a boat to rest off these uncertainty in his mind.

Ramen meows his annoyance as he sleeps on Filial Child head in response to the metal crushing noise. Human clapping metals like idiots again.

Not knowing what exactly hunting do, Filial Child can only assume this is completely normal as he watches it unfold.

———————-
A warcry more like a feral growl echoed throughout the bamboo clearing as General Ba swings his giant mace towards his eternal rival. Every strikes with intent to kill.

The delicate and thin sword of Madam Foil could be easily break from the forces of the mighty mace, but it’s sharp softness was refined to the point of extremity and produced a weapon that can bend and flex instead of the usual rigidness of a normal sword. Softness are known to be able to triumph Hardness, and this jian is demonstrating the concept through bending and flexing around the mace and seek to cut its bloody path to the hand and to the chest or head.

The Jian that curve around like a slippery snake hinder both the offence of General Ba and Madam Foil unless they wish to give up a limb for another.

Their weapon keep crashing at each other at half-sheath length, probing and forcing for an opening that can safely leads its owner to deliver a strike. Every Bamboo and rock in between the scaffold are either chopped off or broke apart without mercy.

The disadvantage of Madam Foil’s unwillingness to use her fire like last time was swiftly negated by dashing into the protection of the bamboo getting in the way of the mace. Although by not much, the hallow bamboo are surprisingly tough that men have uses it to build a house completely made out of it. One bamboo would not slow the General’s powerful strike, but two bamboo? Three bamboo? It will shaves enough time for the nimble and light Madam Foil to weave and dance her way out of its range. In addition, this disadvantage for General Ba have become an advantage to Madam Foil’s flexible weapon that can curve and bend its way towards the target without losing speed when controlled by a skilled swordsman.

“GAH!” General Ba’s snarled at the opportune slash on his left arm that was caught between two bamboo. The opening that a snake-like sword needed to take the bite. The hand guard protected the arm from a deep wound, but the flexible weapon drag its fang across the skin as it retreats to look for another opportunity. The cut remain light, but the long trail of bleeding can add up to something serious gradually, and the leather arm guard finally fell from his arm after a couple of precise slashes.

——-
None of the kids at the latter can tell exactly how the fight is going. Their strikes are rapid to a blur and bamboo break off between them without evidence of weapon contact, but whenever General Ba receives a wound with an audiable grunt, Li Foil shouts “YES!” with a fist pump while Baba yell “Daaaad!” and Filial Child can only say, “Oh no!”

Ramen mumbled some meow that sounded like “By the cursed mouse! This place is hot and I am so sleepy in the day! The human are so loud! How can that bear over there fall sleep on the ground! No one can fall asleep like this! Wake me up when they are done fighting other!” The cat make another attempt to fall asleep.

Filial Child nods in agreement to Ramen. If they fail to get the beast, then drastic measure might need to be taken to remove the pant that Li Foil is wearing now. He FIRMLY believe this is necessary because it would be a complete waste of time otherwise. Why else would the angry fox wants the pants for if not to help save Uncle Liu? It... It makes sense! This is not a complete derail that is irrelevant!

——————-

Like a mole digging tunnels under the ground; the bamboo forest have a tunnel-like irregular path clearing out from the little maestorm of sword and mace. Mostly mace.

“Enough!” The General exclaimed after receiving his third light wound.

Bone-fed Wolf Fang: March towards Hell

The proud general who lost his armor at arm is tired of the trickery strike around his attack. Instead of adopting to the opponent’s sly attack, he took the opposite approach to the solution. Hard, linear moment. The snake can strike with more ease at such an honest opening, but the general now know all his openings. If the snake dares to take a bite, the wolf will maim it with a more powerful bite. A honest trade of wound.

The supreme soldier need not beauty, but deadly efficiency. A generic tactic of war where lost is to be excepted in a crash, and the one who crash harder wins.

The mace fling itself stright down at the dodged foe, but it keep on moving itself to bury into a big hole on the ground. It doesn’t need to change its motion to face the foe again, for the extra distance flinging back up at the opponent who dares to the strike the general will feel a the maximum momentum wakeup call from the mace below carving the sly cowards in half.

Marching towards Hell is one such technique that pushes the assult and force those who care for its life to back away from the impending doom. The tough body of the aged general who weathered through years of rain and storm can take these pitiful wound from a weapon that isn’t harden enough to cut through bone. There is only one philosophy in this tactic: Your enemy is already defeated; the slaughter is just a formality.

Madam Foil tries to retreat from the unfavorable and suicidal exchange. Dodging to the dodge from the forward charging mountain would let it gain on her, so the only way to maintain distance is going backward. That’s also how the surrounding bamboo backfired on her. They become obstacles upon her back and she can’t precisely to strike the bamboo behind her without taking attention away from the very hungry wolf. She can slip between two bamboo with her slander body, but when there’s three bamboo? She’s not malnourished enough to be that thin.

Fire Sutra: Fire to Heaven Ascension

When you can’t move forward, backward, AND sideway, the only free path left is UP.

Gathering great amount of fire chi and release on her legs, Madam Foil sore through toward the sky.

However, the experiance general anticipated that and prepared for such moment.

Bone-fed Wolf Fang: Rainfall at Night!

Assasinate the officer, poison the well, set fire to the camp. The general’s kung fu cares not for honor when it can hurt that bitch badly.

A wide circulae basing from the club causes the surrounding bamboo to fall inward and hinders the flying madam who is forced to kick a few bamboo to change her air path towards her escape.

If there were more surroundjng bamboo, the crisscrossing falling bamboo would form a net-like formation to trap the fragile butterfly. Thankfully, there wasn’t enough. Instead, the butterfly flew left and right to flew between the gap of the falling bamboo rain. As She approches another gap in her desperate ascension, the large general’s mace crush through another nearby gap, causing a rapid change of the bamboo formation. It is extremely difficult to navigate in a moving formation of bamboo and gaps. Madam Foil have no time to stop, her mind must focus to find an unimpeding path to safety. Even her ears can clearly hear the General jumped half the length of a bamboo tree to grab his mace to toss at another gap. Fortunately for Madam Foil, she picked a different gap and the general chosen the wrong place of ambush.

She knew if she were to take a sideway escape, the general will choose the brief slow down to aim his mace at her. The solution to this entrapment is easy: By knocking the mace far away from the general to buy her time. Yet, her flexible weapon is not suitable to to hit hard at a primitive mass of metal as thay would require... inelegant movement. The kind of brutal salvagery that uses... Raw Muscle. If she doesn’t hit hard enough, the mace would fall close enough for the general to toss the mace at her. Ohh, if only her husband is here. He won’t even need to use his muscle for this.

Flying Red Silk: Misty Rain Storm

Flying Red Silk is said to have been invented by an intelligent and graceful woman who adopted a philosophy of ‘minimal force’ in order to obtain the highest degrees of efficiency. With long silken sleeves, she dominated all opposition, beating hardness with softness, iron with lightness, and pressure with yielding power. It is a style thay laugh at brute force and strightforwardness. A direct counter to Bone-fed Wolf Fang.

Misty Rainstorm is one of its technique that takes a similar approches to Rainfall at Nights, but with glace and glistening feint.

In a quick moment of random slahes, Madam Foil turn those obstructing bamboo in front of her into pieces; pieces that she rather brave through with some pain and cuts than getting hit by the mace out of chance. She have slowed down for creating this personal gap. It is a fair trade for the silly chances of the dangerous navigation. The downfall is the mace flying stright at her at full speed right now. However, still sticking to the solutiom, Madem Foil choose the spot above the General and the mace to rain sharp pieces of cut-bamboo with more elegance slashed that smash these small spikes with her blade.

One could say the amount of small cuts that Madam Foil sacrificed to be back on the offensive position is almost worth it. The face of the General who watches the majority of the sharp bamboo spike has nails with enough force to divert the mace’s path. It didn’t get knocked far away, but she isn’t defending anymore.

On the second round, it is General Ba who will be receiving the spike rain as he chose to not recover the mace in favor of dodging and observation. He may be a man of strength and sweat, but the general is wise enough to avoid the greater casualty of an infavorable crash. Those bamboo spike are surprisingly sharp. It is no wonder that some older weaponry of the past is made with bamboo.

Taking opportunity of the General’s cowardice, Madam Foil successfully reached the top. The short ceasefire between the rival only lasted a moment as both dodges to a safe spot. The General taken the ground and stares at the woman in red standing in perfect balance on the tip of the bamboo tree.

One would believe the general would be in advantage as he could knock all the bamboo that the madam chose to stand, but there are many reason why having the higher ground much favorable. To knock her down, the General will have to knock down her advantage, which is the whole bamboo forest... While she casually send more falling spike of bamboo towarsa him. Each sharper and more delicatedly cut toward lethal design. Both the land and sky has become his enemy. The only thing that stopped the cruel woman from burning the whole place with fire is her son. It would be his lost if not for that.

Not much seconds for the general to considers his option, Madam Foil proceed to chop ans chips pieces of bamboo spike to rain on her foe. The Jian of her is designed for techical slice and point stabbing. Its lightness and flexibility makes a dangerous combination for a skilled swordwoman to rain down her wrath with precision and accuracy. Some of those bamboo spike was slapped by the blade to propel more like a fired hidden weapon. This is a hell that you won’t want to march toward.

More bamboo trees fell when the General begin to flee tactical retreat through the tunnel-clearing he curves from moments ago. Every bamboo he have to body slam down is another delay of his escape for the rainfall of spikes personally crafted by his greatest foe. Yet, sticking to the obvious path of clearing would make him a predictable target, which mean he have to make occasional side jump to return into the bamboo and hope the Madam’s targeting spike missed him.

The General has hoped the Madam to use her fire attack for let him counter with the Fight with Fire technique, but now it is raining spike. He is not prepared for a sea battle, and it seem his ship is going to sink...

Flying Red Silk: Soft-Sliding Silk

The one who declares this technique was not Madam Foil. It is the Baba’s mother. She hopped between bamboos to get the same elevation of the vile woman in red who dares to strike her husband. From a distance, she toss her curved saber to spin through obstacles of bamboo. The saber flew like a while silk that twist and turn between the bamboos without cutting much in its path and preserve the majority of its kinetic strength to interrupts Madam Foil.

When a blade come flying for your back with a moment announcement, Madam Foil have no choice but to cease her assualt on the hunk of meat that would most certainly be skewed like a roasted pig. Lucky him.

“Does the Ba Family fights in dishonorable two on one battle?” Madam Foil shouted to the clear hearing of Baba’s parent.

“Cheater! Cheater!” Li Foil can be briefly hear from the litter.

General Ba knew it is shameful to be in this position of dishonor. His pride refused to apologize to this woman for his wife’s undue interference.

——-
“Your parent are cheaters!” Li Foil gleefully booed and taunt Baba a short distance away from the litter. “They both trying to STEAL my pant!”

Make sense. Filial Child thought to himself. If Baba’s parent take down Li Foil’s mother, then the hunting is as good as won by the Foil Family. However, his mind is filled with INDECISIONS to really act on what to do as Baba tries to make up excuse that easy get shot down by the sly logic of Li Foil.

“My dad is not a cheater!” Baba denyed softly with a great lack of confidence.

“You dad-“ Li Foil points out the window at Baba. “Is a BITCH!”

Strange. Why did Li Foil stopped using insult at Baba? Filial Child pondered the same thing in Baba’s confused mind. Bitch is a clean not-curse word for addressing someone as noble as his mother, so why did Li Foil changed his mind to pay respects to Baba’s dad who surely deserve the same title? He even yelled it out loud and clear.

————
The Ba Family’s soldier gradually return close to the general in case of the needed assistance. Sadly, their increase presence only enchance the atmosphere of many against one.

The Foil Family’s monocolor robbed men were all hanging at the bamboos above with Madam Foil. Only a few men of both parties stayed to guard the litter and Baba on a horse. Glares of warning and exchanging throughtout the chokening atmosphere aren’t limited to the head of the family. Everyone is waiting for one wrong move to let loose their shelfed steel.

Indecision fills the mind of Filial Child. Should he stop Li Foil for the strangely lack of usual insult? Side with Baba? Tell their parent their child are fighting?

Write-in or don't

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jun 5, 2018

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Filial Child has had enough and uses poetry to admonish "adults" for acting like their children....again and losing track of the reason we're here in the first place.

Also welcome back!! Hope your vacation was everything you wanted!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Toughy posted:

Also welcome back!! Hope your vacation was everything you wanted!
Thank you! My basement flooded!

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Nyaa posted:

I'm sorry to hear that!! I've had to deal with a flooding basement while simultaneously moving into the house/basement, absolutely horrible.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Politely walk between Dad Ba and Ma Foil and ask nicely if hunting is always this exciting and who is winning! Is it the mighty white and black bear?

Maybe with some childish cluelessness we can defuse the situation!

HBar posted:

Subdue the bear ourself, if that doesn’t break our promise to uncle Liu. The fight will be pointless if the hunt is over.

Use the beast’s cocky nature against it. Take a slow, stealthy approach. It won’t strike until the last possible moment, right when its foe is attacking. So don’t let it know it’s under attack until it’s too late. In the most gentle possible movement, make an open-palm sweep against its most vulnerable point, its exposed belly. Then the great bear will realize that we’ve trapped it in an indefensible position, and it will have no choice but to submit to our will.

Actually, do this instead

Captainicus fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jun 5, 2018

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Subdue the bear ourself, if that doesn’t break our promise to uncle Liu. The fight will be pointless if the hunt is over.

Use the beast’s cocky nature against it. Take a slow, stealthy approach. It won’t strike until the last possible moment, right when its foe is attacking. So don’t let it know it’s under attack until it’s too late. In the most gentle possible movement, make an open-palm sweep against its most vulnerable point, its exposed belly. Then the great bear will realize that we’ve trapped it in an indefensible position, and it will have no choice but to submit to our will.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

What do you think, Ramen?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

To approach the bear without interference, both parent parties would need to be distracted greatly.

Or an impossible roll on stealth I guess.

alpaca diseases posted:

What do you think, Ramen?
He thinks meow meow so that meow would get the meow done with a fast meow to the meow.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Your Majesty, what do you think of this plan?

King of the Forest:

Ah, I see.

HBar's Plan Sweep The Belly it is

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Nyaa posted:

To approach the bear without interference, both parent parties would need to be distracted greatly.

Are they not?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Volmarias posted:

Are they not?
They are, but then you would have to move away from their sight and circle around.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

What the poo poo, Li? Soap in mouth time!

Nyaa posted:

Oooh that sucks. Hope you can get it cleaned up fast. Mold exposure sucks.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Stealth: 9 3 1 0 8 1 = 21 (vs 40-ish people on -10 distracted penalty)

What could possibly gone wrong in tonight’s update!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

It’s me, i jinxed the 19+ hours traffic jam.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Baba’s mother’s expression went agape in surprise at Li Foil’s dirty insult while Madam Foil hide her chuckling mirthlessly with a raised arm. General Ba turns his head to the side to avoid any eye contact while his wife begins to grind her teeth. This all occur as both parties is standing or holding on to a tree in mid height. Many merc and soldier who can’t do that are ‘defending the ground’ as they would like to call it. Madam foil side certainly have more capable treehoppers, which even out the inclusion of Baba’s mother in the inevitable conflict.

Filial Child is beginning to conclude that jumping and hanging around tree with great disregard for weight and falling is a normal thing for the professional. Monkey did it too!

Li Foil is happy to see his insult have garner much more desired attention than he expected. He was thinking a follow up before-

“YOUR MOM A BITCH TOO!” Baba shouted back red-faced with a finger pointing at Li Foil.

“BABA!” Baba’s mother shouting in horror! “Don’t say that bad word!”

The confused Baba answered back. “But father and his soldiers said it is not a bad word!”

General Ba’s head turns further to the side from the glare of his wife. No one under the Ba Family camp isn’t sweating at the plausibly bigger-than-this-fight war to occur between them. Madam Foil remain amused.

At this point, Filial Child know this will turn into a long parental lecture, so he sneak passed Li Foil who is still shocked with wide-eyed by Baba’s insult, and leave the ladder casually.

“Where are you going, Filial Child?” Li Foil’s asked from inside the ladder as he hastily reopen the entrance curtain to watch the leaving boy. There goes his plan for sneaking.

Everyone’s attention is on the Filial Child who stroll out casually and approaches the horrified Baba who thinks he is going to get beaten for insulting his REAL friend. Yet, Filial Child maintain his composure as if he know what he is doing and continues to walk pass the horse that Baba is on and walking around the field in gradual shirking circles.

Many soldier and merc on the battlefield knows exactly the bear is a harmless panda as they have seen one in their life. They wanted to voice out the fact, but all three head of the family seem to treat it as a rare beast that is worth skipping over much better pray like tiger or REAL bear. Still, the soldier knows discipline, and the red robed man never question their superior. What do they know? They are pawn inside some sort of inter-family scheme that will develops into a major battle. Perhaps the other head of the family is the real target of the hunt? To end the foe once and for all? A few headshake to the other confused soldier is all that enough to keep everyone quiet about the war of the harmless bear… Symbolically? Metaphorically? What would they know? Just do what your boss told you and get pay. They are the one who can afford to go to school and get school about things that commoner wouldn’t comprehend. The beast matched the drawing and description after all.

That expectation of battle was quite frankly distracted by the Filial Child with a cat on his shoulder whom master is now walking around with great disregard for the enemies’ line. Isn’t he on the Foil Family’s side? The loyal soldiers know he was a friend of the General Son, but they also know he is the Filial Child whom deed to his father are worthy of tales for many generation. Red masked men remains cautious and loyal to the orders of Madam Foil. No one dare making a move that would draw attention to themselves like what Filial Child is gathering now. Surely, the wise child have a purpose in mind?

Indeed, Filial Child is walking in maintained stride of a botched effort of slow stealthy approaches toward his target – The dangerous bear. By stealthy approaches, Filial Child believes walked in smaller and smaller circle until he can tag the bear to claim his the beast in his name. None knows the wiser to stop him. Voice of Uncle Liu in his mind shouted for him to get away from that dangerous thing, but Uncle Liu has since retracted his demand due to… Motherly concerns? Motherly Rivalry? Adult are truly complex. As a simple child who observes the virtue of Filial Duty, claiming a beast that would win him the pants that can somehow save Uncle Liu’s life is what he will do. Everyone is too busy lecturing with each other, so it seems right for him to do it himself and before it get away. It’s like subduing a dog, right?

Wise Advisor Ramen have nagged him to get the bear since he got out of the ladder. A beast would know another beast, and a sleeping beast is a harmless beast.

Filial Child gave the bear a tap to claim the prize, Finder Keeper First Dibs, as Li Foil would call it. The childish nudge did not wake the beast. Its fur felt soft, so Filial Child gives it a hug by childish instinct. Something this soft can't be dangerous, he thought.

To everyone surprise, the bear remain motionless. It wasn't until later when someone finally realized that the beast is already dead.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Well poo poo!
Hahahaha that was great.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Or was it? Who’s to say the mighty filial child didn’t crush it to death with his bare hands?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

HBar posted:

Or was it? Who’s to say the mighty filial child didn’t crush it to death with his bear hands?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

“Are you sure?” Madam Foil asked me.

“Yes.” I replied. “I will have Li Foil’s Pants.

------------------
The hunt was over. The moment I announce my claim to the bear, Madam Foil took the initiative to say I claimed it for the Foil Family, which is true in a sense, but I was hoping I get to be the third party. Alas, the Ba Family is too dejected by the fact that they leave without a word. They gave me a betrayed look for being part of some kind of Madam Foil’s plan to humiliate them before taking sad Baba home.

Li Foil was overjoyed at my accomplishment and Madam Foil even gave me a hug for being such a good boy. They inquire how I know the bear is dead, but I told them I didn’t’, which Madam Foil concludes that it must be one of his or Ba’s underling who taken a chance to kill it. However, on further inspection, there cause of death for the bear was not from any physical or internal injury, nor poison or organ failure. An invisible cause of death that can’t be determine by the expert of Foil Family’s greatest doctor. He can only assume it died of age.

Nevertheless, Madam Foil asked if I want to have a pants make of this panda’s skin instead, but I insisted having Li Foil’s pants. She comments my childish pride is cute, and allow it. Li Foil is more than happy to give up his pants for the new Panda Pants. It wasn’t as rare as the leopard pants, but wearing it in front of the Ba Family will remind them of their lost. Li Foil will brag about it in school for weeks.

“Aren’t you going to make up with Baba?” I asked Li Foil as he describes more way to brag in front of Baba.

He smiles fade a little at the thought. “Forgives him? That traitor who sided to your over me (food)? HE is the one that need to apologize first!”

Sometimes, people make unfair justification to make it sound right for their cause. Not all side will like it, but the Foil Family is all about technicality and their pride will force them to take the better side of the deal at all time.

It seem this incident have caused the divide of both rivaling family again, all for a pants that might or might not safe Uncle Liu. What have I done?

Later that day, I placed the pants at the same place where the man asked for pant before, and went back home hopping for gift on the table to choose again. There was none.

It’s hard to fall asleep that night, knowing the evil fox have ruined my relationship with Baba and wasted precious time that could be used to figures out more about the curse. It harsh, to learn the lesson of never trusting a false promise that can solve everything at this crucial time of Uncle Liu’s need. What if this is what caused my failure to save Uncle Liu? How can I ever live with myself as a Filial Child who abandoned his father for the sake of fun pants adventure?

To be continue…

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

:goku:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
The Child dreams about pants
and how they symbolize confinement
such a thing as any fox would loathe
As it yearns to be forever free.

The Child dreams about pandas
and how they symbolize freedom
Too large to intimidate, they live a life of leisure
Unknowingly warden-inmates in a prison of their own design.

The Child dreams about the warring adults
Their forces evenly matched
Of how they adapted as their battle elapsed
to counter the movements of their foe.

The Child thus dreams about Balance
and wakes, with an inkling of Tao
enriched, but not yet Enlightened
he heads for the Kicker of Dogs.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

As long as we cinch the waistband around our head to free our hands for the journey.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I'm torn between B and F.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Is that fox loving the pants?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Volmarias posted:

Is that fox loving the pants?
Gently Caressing.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
F

All problems can be thwarted with rhetoric and poetry, or noodles.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

All problems can be thwarted with rhetoric and poetry, or noodles.
Indeed, F could be someone spilled noodles all over the floor.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

F

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

"Oh nooo!" The fox yipped as it shrinks its size while hugging its tail. "The turtle have dealt a terrible blow to meeee!"

"Now I have no choice but to be forced to do the biddings of this terrible thing! Like saving an old, old man!"

"Conveniently!" The fox moved the turtle to the both Baba and Li Foil's Pants. "I just happens to have two set of pants all set up for such an impossible feat!"

"All you need to do, kid. Is to pour your golden lines into one of these four pants' hole. These golden lines from your mouth are like... Hmm, how to describe it so that you can understand..." The fox paused a moment before muttering out one word. "Destiny." The fox nodded in approval. "Yes, destiny. That you could lead, or donate to other!"

The fox points its paw at the leopard patterned Li Foil Pants. "The yin element garner by the heir of the Foil family. Very selfish and personal in growth, but powerful."

Then the fox points to Baba's pant. "The yang element from the fat kid, nuff said. Pick whichever pants' holes you want to donate your golden lines whenever you can produce some! Then good things might happen during the greatest peril of that old man's life!"

1. Do you believe the fox?
Write-in.

2. How many Destiny do you want to donate?
A) ALL OF IT! Until it is filled! Including future destiny!
B) Just what I have now.
C) Half of what I have now.
D) None.
E) Write-in

-------------------------------------------------------------
You currently have 5 free Destiny. Kung Fu and training related Destiny are already withheld for full starting stat later.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jul 18, 2018

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This is all way too conceptual for me.

1. Okay Fox, I guess this is just how things are.

2. C Baba.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Please pretend both stone is still tie to us.