Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«56 »
Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010

Q.E.D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010

Q.E.D.

Two group of well-armed people staring intently at the opposition group. I would had thought they have turned to stone if not for the sudden focus on my arrival.

“Come here, Filial Child!” Li Foil cheered out gleefully from the left group of tight robed guards. He sat in the large grounded litter with four muscular man to lift it on command. Beside Li Foil, is his smiling mother with the expecting eyes of fulfilling my assurance for siding with them.

Turning my head to look at the Ba family side is a less happier family of a sad looking Baba looking expectantly at me to join his side. He rides with his father on a beautiful dark horse decorated with robe and shapes. His mother rode a white stallion with contracting colors of black. Their whole color theme are primary black while the Foil family’s size are dotted with red.

My leg can’t move. Their piercing gaze are all pulling me towards their side, as if I would get rip apart if I don’t relent to one force soon. Even Ramen is getting agitated and patting my face with his flat paws. Does it want me to go to the left since he keep patting my left cheek? If only cat can write.

The three-way standoff ends when Li Foil hopped out of his litter impatiently and pulled me into it with his smiling mother with a confused gaze at my neck. Li Foil asked about the cat on my shoulder, and I told him I am wearing animal skin necktie like his pant. Li Foil nods approvingly while his mother chuckle a little. Ramen has settled down after getting inside the litter. It seem he do want me to come to this side. I agree, this little family litter box is comfy and shade from the summer weather.

“Is this the way of Foil, to steal friend from others?” Baba’s father challenging voice shouting out clearly. He doesn’t sound pleased with the outcome, but seem to shift the blame to Li Foil’s mother.

“Such accusation!” Madam Foil place her hand over mouth as if in shock. Her voice remain soft and low, but somehow clear and penetrating to the other party. “My Boy simply invited his friend,” She stared at me sharpening eyes like a sword that would easily cause me to bleed if I dare to move a single inch. I-I probably imagined that from my nervousness. “Filial Child Promised to join his.” Her words is like rope that ties my honor to this litter.

There’s no going back at this point. But It’s not a promise! I wanted to say. It’s… it’s a simple agreement! However, saying that might ruin the gigging joy of Li Foil right now. I can’t make my other friend cry too. Silent is golden, silent is golden…

Ramen seem to be agitated again for some reason.

“Toot!” A clear sound of spitting from the other side followed by Baba’s mother shouting equally loud and clear like her husband. “Your trickery has gone too far at the expense of my child, you vile woman!”

I can’t see very well inside the litter, but all the men on our side are readied to pull their weapon in reaction to the insult.

A flash of raging emotion passed madam Foil’s face within a blink of the eye before calming down to her unchanging soft tone of a classy woman. “Oh? Is the Ba family here today to rob our guest to appease your spoiled little child?” The soft words of her is weaved with visible daggers like the readied men. Depends on what the Ba family going to respond; this could turn into a brawl.

“Not at all.” Baba’s father responded with a solemn tone. It is clear message of non-aggression yet not backing down from the tension. “The Ba family simply wish to show Filial Child that WE are the better hunter.”

A wide spreading smile turned from grin to chuckle from madam Foil. Her eyes are lit with interest and... and something I can’t really tell. An energized excitement? But very engaging and… eager? Either way, madam Foil made her emotion clear: “A challenge from the Ba Family?” She fabricated a laughs as she states, “Our Family would find your group of ‘Military’ men to not have the right job description for a ‘Hunter.” Her laugh faded as she recovers. When did she started laughing for real? “However, for the sake of our ‘relationship’, the Foil family would gladly extend our welcome to you.” She relaxed on her sit to pat on the head of the gritty Li Foil, but her last comment is a sharpened arrow to the other side. “Maybe you all can learn a bit of hunting from us.”

I can’t imagine the short moment of silent that might be boiling over there before the ex-general simply replies with the standard courteousness: “We thank you for your generosity.” Followed by Baba’s mother adding, “We look forward to showing you how to skin a dragon when the Ba Family catches it.”

I am glad to be inside here in this litter at this moment. Thanks, Ramen.

“This is going to be fun!” Li Foul exclaimed to me. He seem to be the only person to be enjoying amidst the chocking air of tensions. I can only nod nervously while sweating profusely.

———-
[[[[I am going to cruise for a week.]]]]

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Have a fun vacation!!

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

I LOVE THEM APPLES

I didn't vote last update because I didn't have any good ideas about what to do, but I'm glad to see another update and also glad it didn't go disastrously yet.

Toughy posted:

Have a fun vacation!!
Yeah this too. If anything starts to go badly, just put some pants on your head and communicate with the locals in cryptic pictograms and it'll probably turn out fine.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Toughy posted:

Have a fun vacation!!

Xarbala
Feb 13, 2011

Rolling Thunder: War to the Knife, Knife to the Hilt

Why? , that's why.

Toughy posted:

Have a fun vacation!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010

Q.E.D.

Thanks all. Hopefully i will be bore enough to write the rest in the trip.

«56 »