Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«58 »
Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

You have some time until Baba recovers, what do you plan to do?
J) Go down and be respectful to Baba

Let him know he fought bravely, ask him why he would follow Li when Li has no honor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

J) Go down and be respectful to Baba

All Baba did wrong was listen to a rich rear end in a top hat. Let's go down there and let him know there aren't any hard feelings there. Besides, it'll look better if both of us are late to school than if it was just one of us.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

F. Goad him into attacking us and then bring the pain. Hopefully someone sees part or all of this and can verify we are the victims in all this.

OK fine. J. Turn him our side and get him to help us beat the snot out of fancy pants McGee.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009

Chakh'mah Mush'lam Echad Rak

JL

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Run like a monkey with its balls on fire!

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

J. Baba sounds like a kid who can be a real good help, let's try to be his friend.

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

C, FILIAL CHILD, GO TO SCHOOL.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Let's apologize to the Cabbage Merchant.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010

Q.E.D.

You jog down the stone steps on the hill to check up on Baba. He seem to have fainted, but looks mostly fine minus a few bruises. After a few pat on the face by the farmer lady, Baba comes to his sense and have a briefly confused look on his face with his ground view eyes cycle between you and the farmer.

You reach out a hand and say, "You are a good fighter, Baba."

He hesitantly reach to accept you hand and you pulled him up with some difficulty. He sure is heavy!

"Thanks." He muttered, but you are close enough to hear it.

"Why do you choose to work for Li Foil" You inquired.

"He treated me well. As long as he do what he said, I get to go with him to all the fancy resturant with tableful of food." He reply with s ting of shame in his voice.

Strange, aren't the kids who goes to school all wealthy? You ask him your thought.

"We are, but my father is concerned for my weight and placed a limit on my allowance, for he knows I will spend it all on food" He said with a sad face.

You can keep asking him any questions, and to which your respond is...
A) Go to school with him. You two can still make it in time if you jogs.
B) A, but take him home to change his dirtied clothes. You two will be late.
C) A, but take him to eat noodle instead. You two will be late.
D) A + B + C. You two will be very late!
E) Make a counter offer to take him to resturants instead, you can't afford five star level like Li Foil, but you can do two - three stars. This is tank your saving to the bottom.
F) Convince him that Li Foil is not worth the food.
G) F, and rile him up to beat up Li Foil
H) G, and join him
I) Write-in

After deciding your course of action, and getting a stern lecture from the farmer, you two climb up the stone steps to find the cabbage merchant stand at the end of the step with his arms fold. "My cabbage." He said.

You and Baba looks at each other and...
1) RUN
2) Offer to pay it all. It cost the next two years worth of your future saving.
3) Get Li Foil to pay it all.
4) Get Baba to pay it all.
5) Offer to pay half with Baba. Cost next year worth of your future saving.
6) Half with Li Foil.
7) Baba and Li Foil pay both half.
8) You three pay one-third. The rest of this year worth of your saving can pay it all.
9) Write-in.

Note: Double the payment time if you choose counteroffer to feed Baba regularly instead.

Note 2: Payment time is base on your current wages. You might pay it faster when you get a pay raise or changing to a higher tier job.

Do you ask Uncle Liu to shoulder the cost instead?
#) Yes
$) No

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

Baba, you have what scientists call an "eating disorder"

(also, A8$)

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

C8$

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011

A8$

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

A8$

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

How is that for an enigmatic answer?

Hmm. On one hand, if we go to school like this, then Baba will get disgraced for his dirty clothes. On the other hand, if both of us are late, Li Foil might try to say something to disgrace us.

Bonding moments are always fun though (plus apparently we're doing well in school? More respected by the teacher than Li is at least), so let's go get noodles! Doing a filial child's work by fully repaying debts and not burdening others.

C8$

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

You can keep asking him any questions, and to which your respond is...

You and Baba looks at each other and...

Do you ask Uncle Liu to shoulder the cost instead?

$) No

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

B1$

Sorry cabbage man, but we are very poor and can't afford to compensate for the actions of a pair of bullies!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010

Q.E.D.

Oops, E to I suppose to be a seperate choice, oh well.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Yeah, we'd be late, but if we don't go Baba's just going to get in trouble for coming to school covered in cabbage. We got to show some solidarity here.

F) Convince him that Li Foil is not worth the food./I) Write-in
I'd tell him to go beat up Li Foil, but that'd just be continuing the cycle of violence y'know? (Also because I think it'd be harder to convince him to do that even if we joined in.) Also, mention that we work at that one noodle bar and we can't afford to give him free meals but we can put a good word in for him, maybe get him a discount. I mean, the worst case scenario is that we can't get him a discount, and even then he'll get to eat some good food served by a friend.

Let's be honest, Li hates us, he's not going to want to chip in for the lettuce when he's only indirectly responsible for breaking it. And we can't really run away, since we're the Filial Child and a mountain of a kid and there's no way the merchant wouldn't be able to find us again if he wanted to. So, let's be as reasonable as we can be even though it means we'll be broke for a long time.

$) No
We're the Filial Child, not the Ask Our Adopted Father For Money To Fix Our Mistakes Child.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010

Q.E.D.

A) Jog to school III
B) Change cloth first III

C) II

1) I
5) II
8) One-Third Split IIIII

$) No IIIIIIII

Flipped a George Washington $1 coin and landed on Tail.

“Change your cloth before you go to school.” –George Washington

Wise word, George, B it is.

------------------------

The merchant express surprises when he hear your offer to split the cost between you, Baba, and Li. He asks, “Li? Was he involved in this foolishness?”You finally climb up the steps to find that Li Foil has long gone. That explains the merchant’s question.

“We will get him to pay his due,” You turn your head to Baba, “Right, Baba?”

Baba pauses for a moment and does a slow but eventual nod.

The merchant nod approvingly. “Very well, you seem more mature than I thought. I shall take your words to it. Filial Child.” You nod back and tug Baba to the other direction of school.

“Where are we going?” He asked.

“Your home, you smell like mud and cabbage.” You reply.

He took a sniff at his right arm, “I kinda like it.”

“Not everyone does, now show me where you home is.” You push him down toward the road, but this his time, more gently.

--------------------------------

There are reasons people call rich people, rich. One of the reason is because they live in a big mansion with large tract of land surrounded with imposing stone wall.

Baba knocks on the steel door loudly. A servant peeks out and addresses Baba, “Young master! Why are you home!? *gasp* And why are you so dirty!?”

How do you explain this?
A) Truth: Baba fought you and you pushed him into the cabbage farm.
B) Half-Truth: Baba accidently tripped into cabbage farm. You helped.
C) Lies: Li Foil pushed him down to the cabbage farm.
D) (Slightly Lions) Half-Lies : Spin it into a non-fighting version where you manage to talk it out. Make Li Foil the bad guy.
E) (A Terrible Person) Persuade + Truth: It was an accident! I don't mean harm! Ask to hide it from Baba's parent.
F) Write-in

Nyaa fucked around with this message at Sep 4, 2015 around 19:58

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

D: We took him home to change so it would look like there wasn't a fght. We both come in late, but unmarked. Li Foil is probably already trying to throw us both under the bus for this whole incident, so we have to spin it. Say that instead of fighting we decided to talk things out like gentlemen, and became friends. We're guilty of nothing but being reasonable, while Li Foil looks like an instigator, a liar, and a bully. The teacher already has a low opinion of him to begin with, this will be easy. We could even bribe the cabbage man to cover up on his end.

Slightly Lions fucked around with this message at Sep 4, 2015 around 01:54

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

I failed to submit because I was so excited about New Zealander Tim Price winning the Burghley Horse Trials on the quirky but freakishly talented Ringwood Sky Boy

A.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

B

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

D: "A youth, Li Foil, tricked Baba into fighting me. When Baba charged I accidentally caused him to fall into a cabbage cart while jumping out of the way. When he charged again, I... rolled him down a hill. Into a cabbage farm. I didn't mean any harm! And neither did Baba! Li Foil took advantage of Baba's hunger to gain a bodyguard while pretending to be a friend. Please don't tell Baba's parents that we fought! I can tell Know Fuu that it was due to my own clumsiness that Baba was late for class, and also for him being covered in cabbage."

Next time we run into Nood or Uncle Liu, we need to ask if there are any tasty noodle recipes that are known or rumored to help with weight loss or reducing cravings. Or even just very light and healthy meals that taste good.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Let's just keep things simple.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010

Q.E.D.

Added :

Slightly Lions' vote as D. Half-Lies : Spin it into a non-fighting version where you manage to talk it out. Make Li Foil the bad guy.
A Terrible Person's vote as E. Persuade + Truth: It was an accident! I don't mean harm! Ask to hide it from Baba's parent.

If there's not enough votes later, I will sum it all up in a truth-lie scale and pick the closest choice.

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

E

Be self-effacing and have Baba's best interest at heart.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

How do you explain this?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010

Q.E.D.

A. Truth 1
B. Half-truth 2
C. Lies 0
D. Half-Lies 1
E. Persuade + Truth 2

Hmm, kay. Merging these votes.

-------------------------------

You inform him truthfully in a way that portrays you and Baba as victims. “Li Foil asked Baba to fight me for his selfish reason. I refused and tried to talk it over the issue, but Li refused to listen to reason. He then makes Baba attack me through some kind of con or deception. Unwilling to fight Baba, I jump out of the way of his charge and Baba slammed into a cabbage cart. In rage, he tried to tackle me once more, and in our brief struggle, he tripped and fell into the cabbage farm. I ran down to recover him and manage to resolved our misunderstanding, so I decided to take him back here to have a change of cloth and maybe patch up some of the bruise.”

“Oh dear, what a dreadful account!” The servant said with worries. Then he begins apprising you and says your name in surprise, “You’re the Filial Child!”

You nod to confirm your identity.

“Thank you for bringing our Ba-by home.” The servant said with gratitude. Baba’s head held low at the embarrassing nick name. “I apologize for Ba-by’s misbehavior! I always knew Li Foil is a bad influence for our boy!” He said with angers directing at Li. “The master will surely be notify of this.”

“Please, exclude the part where we fought. It’s bad to fight and Baba doesn’t deserve to be punished for Li’s deed.” You pleaded to the servant.

Baba joins in to plead, “Please don’t tell dad! He likes fighting, but not if I am the bad guy!”

The servant nods. “You are right, Ba-by is the victim here. No reason for master to punish young master over it.” He blinks at you and opens the door. “Please, come on in.”

As you two walks pass the screen wall that blocks outside people from seeing the courtyard, you see multiple houses of single or double floored room spread all over the courtyard while situated sophisticatedly with the garden design.

“We will send a servant to inform your teacher that you two are late for a good reason” The servant said as he guides you through the garden and to the main hall while another servant took Baba to another direction.

You were led through a few twist and turn around some corridors and you think you would be lost if not for the servant guiding you.

“Who that’s kid?” A powerful voice booms from within the main hall toward the hallway that you are passing.

“Oh, master!” The servant bows low apologetically. “My sincere apology for causing a disturbance to you!”

The man in the hall raises a hand to gesture the servant to cease his apologies. His eyes focused on you. “I ask again. Who is this kid?”

The servant frantically explains what you told him with slight alteration to the story. “Uh-eh, this kid is the Filial Child, he foug-found young master fallen down into a cabbage farm and help him back home to address his injury. OH, but young master is fine. Please do not be too concerned, master.”

The master slowly takes his sip of tea. He breathes out a strong breath as he put down the teacup. “Is that so?” He questioned.

Jumped a little from shock, the servant immediately replies, “Y-yes, sir. It-it-is so.”

“Very well, go fetch me some tea. Mine is getting cold.” The master ordered.

The servant bows, “yes, master” and hurries you to follow him.

“The kid stays. And bring Baba here.” He said as he evaluating you. The servant looks nervously at you and back at his master before yielding, “yes, master” and hurries down the hall alone.

As the servant’s footstep swiftly dissipated into the maze-like hallway, the master of the house calls to you. “Come in, boy.”

You do so, feeling quite unnerved by the servant’s nervousness.

He looks you straight in the eyes. “I know Shen, my servant, for twenty years. I can read him like the back of palm. So I know he is hiding something from me out of concern for Baba.” He pause a moment for the mood to soak in. Then asks in a firm but gentle tone. “Now, tell me what troubles my good-for-nothing son has done so early in the morning?”

You…
A) Truth: Baba fought you and you pushed him into the cabbage farm.
C) Lies: Li Foil pushed him down to the cabbage farm.
D) (Slightly Lions) Half-Lies : Spin it into a non-fighting version where you manage to talk it out. Make Li Foil the bad guy.
E) (A Terrible Person) Persuade + Truth: It was an accident! I don't mean harm! Ask to hide it from Baba's parent.
F) Mostly-Truth: Portrays you and Baba as victims of Li Foil.
G) Write-in

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

B

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

B

We have a story, let's stick to it. Baba's father is probably going to see right through it, but he seems like the kind of guy who would appreciate us sticking to our guns.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

You…

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

It has my name on it, so I guess I have to vote D.

We need something to explain why Baba is coming home bruised and covered in cabbage, though. He hasn't had time to change yet. On the other hand, I don't know well we can lie to this guy. He seems pretty sharp. But I'm considering pushing to be a Courtier, so let's get that lyin' practice in early and often.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 23, 2003
"I even think "Medicare for all" is pretty bad policy...I say that as a Medicaid recipient"

(Fuck you, got mine.)

G) Cry. We're still young enough to get away with it, right?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010

Q.E.D.

Abyssal Squid posted:

G) Cry. We're still young enough to get away with it, right?
Right.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

You…

Yes this

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

He can tell a lie eh?

G. Spin a story that begins along the lines of the truth, but slowly spirals widely out of the boundaries of reason. The cabbage merchant attacked us, the students joined in! We fought back to back and bested the lot of them! Then the guard turned up! Holy poo poo! Try and keep it going with a straight face until Buba gets himself cleaned up.

Outrail fucked around with this message at Sep 5, 2015 around 02:45

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

F. Li Foil started it, so let's make sure to pin everything on him.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

I failed to submit because I was so excited about New Zealander Tim Price winning the Burghley Horse Trials on the quirky but freakishly talented Ringwood Sky Boy

This dude seems legit. And also not the sort of man to appreciate lies. I don't know why we wouldn't just tell the truth. I say we explain to him D but ultimately reveal A is the real story. We can leave it to him to decide what to do with that information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009

Chakh'mah Mush'lam Echad Rak

A

«58 »