Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

alpaca diseases posted:

Tell Dogkicker what happened

I’ve a feeling he might be able to provide some insight and opinion of what happened and what could be done
After realizing that bringing Snow into the drama could potentially worsen the situation, you decided to move on to an adult this time. Someone who have proven reliable and clearly known what he is doing in term of kicking dog. He usually can be found either at his house, mercenary place, the bad place that child shouldn't go, the beggar area, and the place where dogs gather... no, there's no more dog going to that area anymore for some reason. Maybe they moved elsewhere. Father always said to keep their number either high or low enough to not be a problem. It took almost a day to found him at last when he is sitting around at the mercenary place.

"Baba kicked a dog?" Dogkicker said as he lose the grip of his wine gourd onto the ground. "Baba kicked a dog." He repeated to himself in a serious expression.

"Y... Yes?" You replied in an unsure face. It seem this is more serious for Dogkicker than you ever imagine and maybe this is a bad idea like involving Snow?

"Tell me how he kick the dog." He inquired after hurriedly picked up his gourd that rolled away on the ground.

"Uh..."
A) I don't remember.
B) He kick it on the belly and it barrel rolls with its tongue out while panting heavily.
C) He kick it on the butt and the dog somersault upward and then down to the ground gently like a cat landing.
D) He slow-kick(?) it randomly and the dog flip(?) itself around so badly(?) that its tongue is out and panting heavily.
E) The dog tries to kick back at Baba with its belly facing up, but its too low on the ground to do anything and could only let Baba throe(?) it sideways.
F) Actually, the dog was rolling by itself?
G) Write-in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

B. We remember the dog had its tongue out and was yipping. The kicks weren't slow, Baba was shouting “STUPID! STUPID DOG! THAT.MY.BUN!” and kicking harder with every word.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Baba kicked the dog.
The dog took his bun.
Li Foil took his fun.
Who kicked the dog?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Burma Shave

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Dogkicker shakes his slowly head at hearing the part of the bullying.

“I understood the situation.” He replies with firm resolution. There isn’t many people who can put on this kind of facial certainly except a judge when he have to harden his heart to make a final judgement. Even Dogkicker would sees Baba as the bully in this situation.

“The dog is the bully.” He concluded.

Huh? “Huh?” My mouth and brain spoke out in confusion at the same time.

“It seem you failed to see the truth of the matter.” He frowned at my failure to grasp the truth of the matter, and explains to me in details. “The dog STOLE Baba’s food. How do you deal with a theif? Beat it up? Kick his belly?”

“Uhm, report it to the authority?” I answers with the classical answer often quized in exam, but that didn’t felt right.

Dogkicker shakes his head again with greater dissapointment. “You think a dog will get the rights to trial? That a judge would bother to question it in its language and jail it?”

“No...?” I can’t be sure at this point. Maybe I should really study up legalism. Perhaps I should visit my legalism professor next and see if I can escalate this issue?

“Of course they can!” Dogkicker answered with another unexpected answered. Truly, the surprising wisdom of the dogkicking monk never cease to amaze. “People can do what they want if they want! Not even heaven can stop the will of the people!”

“Moreover...” He added, “The dog is clearly laughing at this whole ordeal right now with its masterful scheme at manipulating all of us into murdering each other!”

I-I think my mind have been opened.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

I'm not sure we should go to dog kicker for advice anymore

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
This kind of makes sense. The dog robbed Baba, and Baba retaliated. So the dog needs to repay to Baba and/or society for their crime. Since the dog doesn't have assets, it should repay Baba in service. If Baba can befriend and keep this dog as a companion, then he is getting repaid for his stolen goods and is demonstrating his good nature to those who wrong him.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

That’s it! I need to find the dog! The dog is the key to solving everything! Once I get the dog, I will be able t-to solve this! I am too excited to think of how it will be done, but the dog! The dog! Where would I find that dog?

----------------------
Starting from the spot where I saw Baba brutally kicked the dog in righteous justice at the thieving dog and unrighteously beaten his classmate after, I did not find the dog. It would make sense that the dog won’t come here after that beatdown. Where else could I search? Should I wait here? Use a bait? Would the dog come back for food?
A) No, I should search elsewhere or seek someone else’s advice. [Write-in]
B) Yes, with variety of food as bait for the next couple of days if needed.
C) Yes, with noodle as bait.
D) Yes, Ramen will be the bait.
E) Yes, Ramen will help me find the dog.
F) Forget it. Who am I kidding? This is too much for me and I might make it worse! It is best to ignore this mess and move on. I have more urgent things to do like chi-practice and saving Uncle Liu.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

hmm. There is the forest-voice. Doing things they ask has led to great trouble... But they do give generous rewards.
If we cannot find the dog ourselves, we could try to deal with them. Surely someone who can find such great treasures can easily find the dog we seek?
They might even offer advice, if they feel generous...

...But first, let's try something that doesn't require dealing with them.

E) The dog stole ramen once, but did it do so before? Will it do so again? Let us look for people who also had noodle stolen. They might tell us more about this noodle-stealing-dog.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

We’re going to end up finding a beggar child who was looking after the dog but it’s since ran away

He remembers because his father made the most delicious soup that night to take his mind off it

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

C

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
E. How can it possibly resist the ramen?

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

MakE the noodle of reconcilliation once all parties are gathered.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Both Uncle Liu and Sifu Hei are parents of Filial Child. One doesn’t need the bond of blood to form a parental relationship. It is taking on the role of a parent that make ones a true parent - To indiscriminately care for a child regardless of the child being an Exemplary Child, Black Sheep of the Family, or both.

Confucius describes the quality of jade to the virtue of a gentleman. The supreme gem that is “Esteemed by all under the Sun” or The Jewel of Heaven.

As jade is associate to the five virtue of “Charity, rectitude, wisdom, courage, and equity”, it is to no one’s surprise of the marvels for Jade Reverence, as it symbolizes Longevity, true love, and wheel of life.
----------------

Actor Hei may seem like a lazy person who hates being bothered. However, that is clearly a front to fool everyone because he always fulfill his promise no matter how long it delays takes!

It was on a particularly good day with the fine mood scented from the fragrance good bowl of noodle and a really nice jade-colored full clothing set that Actor Hei brought, he finally decided to finish his tale about the bandit. The cliffhanging story of the rehabilitation scheme on the mountain bandits concoct up by the evil mastermind Jou Jong. Actor Hei was the key pieces who plays the traitor/Good Cop of the story to sway the bandit into the light.

“Certainly.” Although Actor Hei seem to mistaken your knowledge of the whole story, he decided to retell it for the sake of missing details. “I can’t imagine what Jou Jong is doing after the rehabilitation job is over, but it is certainly something humanitarian.”

It sounded like sarcasm when Actor Hei phrase it this way for the evil schemer of the story, but what they did was indeed good deeds.

However, it seems not all details was what it seem on the surface, and the story surprisingly involve someone who was only been mentioned once.

-----------------------------------
Courtier who Moves at the Speed of Words, Actor Hei (Part E)
“Are you sure we can escape?” Bung, the leader of the bandit whispered in a low voice.

It was early morning where inmates are supposed to be sleeping and too lazy to wake up. Yet, all inmates are in the lunchroom with their food with plenty of time left before they went to work on the field for certain amount of weeks until they are released back into society with even split of the treasures. It is a revolutionary prison system created by the evil prison warden scholar Jou Jong to rehabilitate the bandits after capturing them. However, the declaration of an escape game last night shaken the entire system he created. For the sake of entertainment, the cruel warden is willing to award twice the amount of the split treasure to those who managed to escape this trap-filled prison inside of this prison mountain with internal maze.

Not many bandits were able to sleep well last night. They were all arguing for the whole night with each other over attempting to escape or not. There is zero doubt that greed would drove all bandit to jump into this opportunity, but it is also greed that cause them to hesitates. Those who failed to escape will lose their share of the treasure. It’s an all-or-nothing gamble that you need to take a huge risk AND work hard for the payoff while the alternative is to stay for another three weeks to get the fair share of the considerable wealth.

“I am sure! Now is our chance to escape!” The kindhearted man who said with great conviction and friendliness is Actor Hei. Unlike his true self, he is taking on the persona of the sympathetic gentleman who sides with the prisoner against the evil warden. He have spent many long hours training the inmate in martial art for this day against the horrible dictator. Granted, many bandit still harbors doubts of the traitor who mingled with them as a spy until his ultimate betrayal have landed them in this prison, but his sincerity and helping hands under the tyrannical fist of Jou Jong mean he regained many friendships if not stronger than before.

Lots of bandits nods in trust of Actor Hei’s word like gold is pouring out of his mouth. Though that isn’t inaccurate since the reward would be that if they succeed. However, Hei’s subtle hint that if Jou Jong isn’t keeping his promise, this would be the best chance they have to escape and never come back.

Of course, as the head of the bandit, Bung have to think things two or three times as much as his underling to distinguish himself as the boss. It wasn’t particularly hard to be smarter than a bandit who most certainly received zero education in their life like any other non-wealthy people, so Bung readily accepted it after having three sentences worth of doubt in his mind before tossing it away by the part of the brain that handle greed.

“I-I my stmach hur!” Some of the more cowardly/smarter element of the bandit make up excuse in hurry to not getting drag into the escape plan. They can’t disobey the boss, but he can’t exactly force them if they hide inside the toilet with their pants down. Well, he can, but…

Bung scoff at the cowards who choose to stay. The chance of his escape would raise with more people, he is satisfy knowing they will get the share of the treasure regardless, in which he isn’t happy for their gain, but happy that he can exert peer pressure at those coward for not joining and make them pay later for those brother who risked their life to escape. Even if he fail to get none of the treasure, he is the boss, and everyone will have to contribute to his Boss Salary – a special payment that he have decided on the spot.

Fortunately, as predicted by Jou Jong, slightly more than half of the inmate decided to join, but it is still a concerning low number for Bung. As a bandit who led many into raiding merchant and passerby, raw number equal success chance. Any successful individual could grasp such simple math. In this situation, it would be the number of sacrifice who will take the fall for the traps in order to help the other succeed. Bung didn’t think too far ahead beyond traps and traps from here to outside. He believes there will be more coming from the devil that is Jou Jong, but Bung isn’t intelligent enough to know what comes next. Raw instinct sharpens from his rough life is all he can depend upon when surprising thing occur.

Moreover… He glanced at the toned body of his underlings. These two weeks or so of Actor Hei’s guidance have led to the martial growth of those bullied by Jou Jong. The motivation for revenge and self-hatred for weakness is a powerful motivator to drives a man to go through intense trainings. Those semi-muscular bodies should be tough enough to take on two or three traps before failing, which will make up the lost number of those cowards. Just like a strong bandit that can take on two guards! Simple calculation!

A smile slowly forms at the end of Bung’s lip. No matter what scheme that Jou Jong madman is planning, he can’t beat raw number that is in my favor! He wants to laugh out loud, but settled with wicked chuckling. The warden must not catch on to Bung’s great reasoning and intellect or else the deal might be get cancel on the spot!

All that thoughts did not apply to what happen after they leave lunchroom, walk down the stairs they tripped many times, and out of unlocked entrance without a single trap. Or rather, there was no trap or they are deactivated.

“What’s going on?”

“Where are the traps?”

“Are we free now?”

The bandits throughout their safe travel to the exit mutter these words. It is the same for Bung, and he naturally suspected foulplay or greater scheme with a questioning glare at Actor Hei.

The courtier simple shakes his head in defeat and speaks his hypothesis. “That crazy Jou Jong probably become overconfident in his traps that he is certain we won’t be able to escape… So, he turned them off.”

A look of astonishment spread across the group at the absurdity of the reasoning. Yet, they can believe it if it’s that mad man. Even Actor Hei is bewilderment by the changes because the same situation for rehabilitation of the previous group of bandits from a few years ago does have them goes through these traps. None of them made it to the end.

This time, Jou Jong have changed the plan without telling Actor Hei. No one would have guessed that the reason for that is due to a new element added to the grand plan. However, surely Jou Jong can’t have predicted what happens next…

“We will make a detour to loot the treasure room!” Bung suddenly declared before the exit.

Actor Hei is not the only one who realizes the implication of the command. The only thing that kept the bandits here are the promise of treasure and brief imprisonment to a crazy man who wants to play warder. Then what would happen if the treasure is gone?

“But what about the others who chose to stay?” One bandit asked warily. His concern is reasonable as there is no way in hell a bandit would leave a silver behind when looting, but a fair shares are important for all bandits involved.

Bung made a disgusted face and spit in distaste as he speaks his thought. “Those cowards who choose to stay are not our brothers. They can all burn in hell.” His face filled with animosity changed into a grin with the same hostility as he continues. “Let that Jou Jong suffers when he can’t pay those cowards, and no one will stop us this time.” Bung glared his warning dagger at Actor Hei to signal his threats. There will be no more betrayal or there will be a dead courtier.

There is no need for Actor Hei to hide his nervousness at the situation. It’s good to let Bung know that the message is received clearly, but it is not good that he is truly nervous. Have Jou Jong really failed to foresee this change of event due to his overconfidence?

No one in the group would further question the leader’s decision especially after the threat. Nor do they need to since who would refuse free money that they can safely(?) loot?

As they enters the large room before the treasure room, it is the very room where Actor Hei backstabbed Bung with Jou Jong. But this time, many eyes are on the courtier to ensure he can’t do anything foolish while other eyes look for traps or Jou Jong himself.

However, all they found in that room is a middle-aged man with a cartful of treasure chests pulling by two horses that is going into the treasure room for storage or withdrawal. The man who dressed like a merchant turns around in surprise at the sudden appearance of the group. However, as a professional merchant, he greets them courteously.

“Greeting.” The merchant gives the bandits a graceful bow without fear. “I am Merchant Liu.”

quote:

“It’s only 25 silvers for five bags, sir.” The store owner answered.

Lou’s eyes went wide at the answer. Five silvers a bag!? What is this ludicrously low price? Is this another scheme hatched by the damning scholar? WHY DID HE GAVE HIM EXACTLY FIFTY SILVERS!?

“Sir?” The store owner calls for the attention of the ex-merchant who is frozen in place by the foreign pricing.

“Why aren’t they ten silvers a bag! Are you working for Jou Jong!?” Lou cried at the conspiracy that is screwing with his age old merchant knowledge.

“S-sir, calm down!” The store owner raises his palms up at the angry customer. “We never had it for ten silvers a bag since… Since the war!”

The realization came to Lou like a boulder dropping hard onto Lou’s head. The price was lowered because the war was over. The military demand for rice is gone and supply become normal again, which caused the price to fall. He never realizes it since he has been so obsessed with revenge and avoiding society as much as possible. Is that what the scholar is trying to tell him with the fifty silvers? It certainly has pissed him off and greatly bothers him for the fact that his aged merchant sense is so out of touch with reality that he can’t be a successfully merchant like before! Even more pissed him off is the fact that this merchant being honest with him! He could had taken it all! He, the store owner, can charge whatever price at wants! Stop betraying his expectation again!

“Store owner Liu! How’s business?” That traitorous Hei said as he walks into the store casually, clearly to check on his progress and shame him for his outdated knowledge at such timing!

“Welcome in, Mr. Hei, are you here to buy some rice again?” Liu, the shopkeeper asked.

Hei shakes his hand in respond. “No, I am here to help my retired merchant friend to carry some rice bag that I ordered.”

“Oh.” Liu looks at Lou, then smile. “If I had known you come in Mr. Hei’s stead, I would certainly take these fifty silvers at ten silvers per bag.” He slides all fifty silvers carefully to his palm and gently slide all five bags of rice to Lou respectively to complete the transaction.

“What?” Lou muttered with greater confusion than before.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Escalation

------------------------

On the other side of the burnt mountain facing away from the city of Magnificent Ink, a simple robed Taoist stood in a pavilion to observe the heaven at the truncated hour of dusk. He perceives the visible stars from outside his humble dwelling with a pale face of utmost worries.

“Did the child obey the advice of the servant of heaven?” He spokes to himself and perhaps to the heaven. Then he let out a sigh as he shakes his head. “It was good that I have left the city. Far away from the city where both mountains are burnt from a single burning star.”

However, in the night sky, that single star in the sky isn’t alone. There’s two dimly lit stars close to it that is visible, but too irrelevant to be considered over the star of destiny.

--------------------

Friendship is a wonderful bond that transcend above ideal. It ignores dissimilarities and species, and care only to be acquaintance with each other. Filial Child currently have a bonding friendship with Ramen and used to with Baba, and they both went through a life and death situation that would be reminisced for a lifetime.

Friendship is a path to develop into stronger relationship with others such as becoming brothers by name with Baba. However, conflict coexist with all relationship. One could claim that Love and Hate both coexist at the same time and Lover and Enemy are both sides of the same coin. A minor conflict could empower even a beloved brother towards greatness (Last effect: Minor action bonus), and If the conflict escalate, that person could become unstoppable in their passionate pursuit towards their goal ( (major action bonus).

The incident that would soon envelopes the city into a chaotic state like a burnt mountain can be traces back to two major family: The Ba and the Foil.

They are destining to be at each other’s throat for at least the current generation, but remind intact through their virtual of power and perseverance. Any imbalance in the scale of power could spills a carefully balance pot of one side into the group and shatters into hundred pieces. Such is the deep-rooted hostility relationship of both families.

A single family would be nothing for a grand city like the Magnificent Ink, but both the Ba and Foil are great family that engrained so deeply to the functionality and political power of the city that they could be consider as the major organ that manages vital function of the whole body.

These carefully weighted pot of water on a scale have becomes balance due to:
Ba Family
Destiny Empowered - Baba
Artifact - Black Dragon Slayer (In Snow’s Possession)
Pants – Regular Extra-Large Pants

Foil Family
Destiny Empowered – Filial Child
Artifact – Peacekeeping Artifact gifted by Filial Child
Pants – Leopard Extravagant Pants

Now, a cat empowered by destiny is on its way to shatters this balance.

“Son, the Foil is our mortal enemy that must be extinguish” General Ba repeats to his son sometimes ago before the city went up in blazing struggle. The kind and stern father have no idea how this regular reminder to his successor who inheriting his legacy and hatred would lead to the breakdown of the city of Magnificent Ink.

“Yes, father. The Foil are evil villain.” Baba agreed wholeheartedly. In the past when Baba were Li Foil’s food slave or under Filial Child’s guidance, he would have let his father’s word of warning leave through the other ear. Now, he is all alone and left with the constant guidance by his parent towards the conflict with Foil Family.

Hatred born from the dog-kicking incident is what powering his motives in life as the love of his life become frozen with uncertainty. Jealousy also played a role when Li Foil told him about his mother interest in Snow as a mistress, while the Ba family doesn’t think a slum girl should marry Baba at all. Both emotions and his parent’s words mixed into a dangerous corrosion to the mind that put all blame into the Foil Family. Yes, if there is no Foil Family, then Snow will be his. His parent clearly reject Snow because Madam Foil was interest in her. Everything would be solved with the downfall of the Foil Family.

This powerfully dark emotion and motivation is the sparks to trigger a change in destiny.
A) Forget about it.
B) Beat up Li Foil
C) Visit the Foil Family

E) Visit Snow and forget about this
F) Incite violence against the Foil
G) Get back Filial Child
H) Eat something

Baba is going to take action under the guidance of destiny with the capability for absolute victory in his goal.
I) Help Baba bring down the Foil Family. Then I will become friend with Baba again like nothing ever happened.
J) Stop Baba in a destructive crush of destinies.
K) Destroy both family to solve everything
L) Ignore this whole mess and let Baba bring down the Foil Family
M) Escape the city with a terrible premonition
N) Sleep it off and hope the gods will do something about it
O) Help the Foil Family to bring down the Ba
P) Write-in

The dying screech of cats echoes throughout the slum after the hour of dusk. It’s a normal occurrence to hear the death cry of animal in the slum. It’s either day to day survival of various species or simply entertainment by the local inhabitants.

Every night is a life and death struggle of the animal kingdom to survive for another day. Unlikes dogs, cats are smaller, but not bigger than a nimble mouse. These slum cats are the right size for bullying as they are usually too weak to fight back or choose to run away. A dog can get a full meal from a cat, but a cat can hardly get a full meal from a mouse, and these mice are too drat hard to catch. The eco system of the slum isn’t kind to cats, in fact, it is a place that pushes everyone towards neccesarial aggression. Hungry and the constant sense of doom drives everyone and everything that lives here to the breaking point. Always on the edge and always on the run.

Yet, they adopt. The slum cats knows they can’t win the race of hunger through violence, so they engages in societal warfare.

“Oh my precious kittes’, how are you doing today?” A nice old lady who brought food for the cats at the safe outer edge of the slum whispers her loves and admiration of the tame and adorable cats and rubs their body affectional at their benefactor. “There, there, I have enough meat for you all! The wonderful butcher have been selling boneless meat lately, so don’t worry about eating too fast.”

The social warfare is a lucrative business with profitable tribute from the kind human who seeks friendly companionship. It’s no exaggeration to say that the slum cats have a monopoly in this regard. Those dogs have tried to imitate their success a few times, but most ended up being shouted and harmed due to their years of rough survival through aggression. The art of affection is a trait that everyone in the slum would have to abandon to survive long in the slum, and the cats have a the fortune of developing it through the local cat ladies.

However, such easy earning draws jealousy and hatred from the slum inhabitants. The violent crime rate against cats are at an all-time high, so the incident of Ramen being tortured by a bunch of cruel slum children isn’t a rare occurrence.

Due to such arrangement of the local environment, most cats lives near the outer part of the slum where they prey on nice people to saves them when necessary.

Of course, not everyone treats the dirty looking wild cat with care and affection. Any cat who drops their caution could have a human took or snatch them away and never came back, and these human are the reason the cat choose to stay within the outer edge of the slum. Not many human from outside the slum would dare to come into the slum, and no human in the slum would dare to go out. A strategist would describe the cats to be situated at a neutral war zone that they can move as needed. However, a fatal flaw where danger coming from both side all at once have never occurred until now.

A brown cat from the ‘affection group’ whom are mining the love of the nice old lady have suddenly become alert. He is one of the five watchers whom role is to keep watch of danger while the other cats work their charm. This brown cat is task to watch the slum entrance for any invader like the foolish dogs that become blinded by jealousy or hunger.

Indeed. A group of hungry looking dogs’ does approaches. There’s no doubt about those dog’s capability to wipe out the charm group, but the nice old lady have called reinforcement in red clothing to slaughters the dogs in past occurrence and these strong red human have since patrol closer whenever the nice old lady arrives to this tribunal point. It is one of the reason that the cats can feel reassured for operating in the same place for so long.

This time, instead of the usual red men whom comes to chase away the dogs, an angry mob of human comes running to chase after a boy holding a cat. That boy is…
Q) Filial Child
R) Li Foil
S) Baba Ba
T) Write-in

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

K, Q

obviously.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

“Thank you for your help, my great benefactor!” A woman bows in plentiful gratefulness to the lightly armed man in ragged cloth. Standing next to her is a frightened child who is holding tightly to his mother’s robe.

The man with unruly hair is a passing traveler who decided to save a child. Despite the impression of vagabond soul, he displays courtly manner fitting in front of the emperor. The reason the woman is thanking him is due to his incredible feat of rescuing her child from the fortress of local bandit backed by the corrupt state official.

“Do not distress yourself over formality.” He raised a palm to stop the woman in responds to the bowing. “Your trouble is over, and this word of gratitude will be enough.”

“But!” The woman was shocked at the kindness of the man in front of her. His gracefully accepted her thankful words and denied any compensation. This won’t sits well for the deeds he have performed! “My thanks hardly worth a meager speck of what you done!”

She is correct to compare it as a mere speck of compensation. This unknown man with a disheveled appearance that seem like he have too much of a hard life to give a drat about other’s trouble have risked his life to save her son from the dangerously and well-fortified fortress of the bandit king, and fought against the reinforcement of assassin and corrupt soldiers! Yet, he stood in front of her without a noticeable injury through these three days of ordeal! A rumored series of events that lead to the destruction of the bandit fortress and arrest of the local lord. No, now that she think about it, this man must have allies and perhaps a renowned leader of a militia! Someone with such capability can’t be a simple traveler, which is more the reason to treat this man with gratuitous respect and honor!

“Thank you for your kind word, madam, but I have delayed my travel long enough, and must depart as soon as possible.” The robed man explained with a precipice bow.

The mother of the child have mixed feelings. On one hand, she would love to pay him back as a guest, but the man is clearly a busy man with great political duty. How can she selfishly held him for personal gratitude?

Bowing deeply again in resignation, the woman accepts the man’s reason. “Then I will not deter you much longer, but you are always welcome to the Foo Household and be treated as our greatest guest rivaling the lord of the land.”

Indeed, this man have an unexpected delay with the bandits, but it have stretched much longer due to the corrupted official’s interference. He bows back without further words and turns to leave for his urgent matters. He blends into the crowd with his broken down straw hat over his face like a normal man among the masses.

As he steps out of the city gate, he begins to run at great speed like a white lightning flashing across one’s view at the blink of an eye. This man is Jian Bing, also known as Western White Tiger - one of the Four Great of Wulin. The strongest person of the western land of Jianghu.

“I hope I am not too late.” Jian Bing muttered as he flash across the road that swiftly bend and twist from his point of view, then become greenery as he blaze through the forest in a straight line towards the city of Magnificent Ink. “I must kill the Lone Star before it’s too late.”

-------------------
A travel that would took eight days on replenishing horses, is achieved within eight hours with the inexhaustible incandescence afterglow emitted from Jian Bing’s enormous chi reserve. Truly, to be considered one of the Four Great would need to be this fast for dealing with any opponent in their respective region.

No one were able to be considered or claim as the strongest without the capability to travel all across Jiangwu, undeniably, it’s simply amazing for one to be able to singlehandedly claim a whole cardinal region as their domain. Granted, Jian Bing don’t care for such faveolus title, but once the title is decided within the martial art world, it is there to stay until someone claims it. Obviously, this draws all sort of challenge into the Western region to face him, and he is not going to lose a fight out of principle. So he remains within the Four Great.

However, like Vermillion Phoenix – One of the Four Great of the South, destiny had drove her out of the city and removed her from participating in the calamitous incident brought forth by the Filial Child.

“I am too late.”

This time, at the burning city of Magnificent Ink, the White Tiger of the West were not able to prevent the calamity caused by the Lone Star. Not only is the city on fire in various places, but factions of people from the local great family are openly slaughtering each other without remorse. A citywide chaotic mess that can’t be stopped with brute force or words.

Jian Bing can only hope the Lone Star perish within the chaos, but he knew those cursed under its shadow are near impossible to kill through interference of destiny. He blame himself with a sorrowful face. If he had ignored the child who was kidnapped by bandit, he might have been able to save the whole city. Yet, he have no choice but to harden his heart to kill every child in the city to ensure the Lone Star will not curse the world for another decade.

Siting outside the other side of the city wall is a crying Filial Child with the blood of his adopted father, next to him is a depressed Baba who seem to not be concerned by the chaos of the city, and finally, a cat with a very annoyed expression laying on the ground next to them.

A powerful blaze burst occasionally from random section of the city, indicating a man-made arson is the cause of the city fire, but such incredible efforts are not appreciated in the disinterested eyes of these child and a cat.

=======
Bad End
=======

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Lol welp

Thank you for running this!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Thanks you for participating!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Please do epilogues for Karl, Revenant Cock and The Goatlaws