Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

knaelidos
Dec 29, 2012

Slightly Lions posted:

B + spend a point of Joss to find a conveniently full rain barrel and douse ourselves.
Plan slightly lions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Slightly Lions posted:

B + spend a point of Joss to find a conveniently full rain barrel and douse ourselves.

Plan Slightly Lions.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Slightly Lions posted:

This

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

B for our option.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
C, but look suitability upset by it all hahahah

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011
B - the guy's an rear end in a top hat, but he doesn't deserve to burn to death.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
D
We don't have to risk our skin to rescue this guy, especially when there are two capable adults around.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
B

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
B

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
You…
B) Save Li Foil at the risk of burning

He's a fool, but no one deserves to die that way.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Nyaa I loved that scene so much. I could practically hear the cheesy meat smacking sounds and "Hoo! Haa!" Of each move like an old king fu movie. It was lovely.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Nyaa I loved that scene so much.
Thanks! I enjoy writing it too. :v:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The shouting of “Fire!” from servants echoes throughout the manor. You think fast and search for something that can keep the fire from harming you long enough to save Li Foil. Fortunately, a servant is rushing out with a bucket of water, not enough to eradicate the expanding fire, but you have a better idea. “GIVE ME THE BUCKET!” You scream at the servant.

With hesitant and years of servitude reflex, he hands it to you obediently. Lifting the bucket over your head, you douse yourself in cold, cold, water to the surprise of the servant! It makes you shiver down to your spine! Good, you are much more focused now and immediately dive into the unlit bottom of the flaming litter.

You managed to crawl into the litter without being burn by the approaching fire, but the encroaching fire from all four sides with smoke chocking up the room. Li Foil curls into a ball on the seat as he cough and cries for his mommy to save him, but was momentary stunned by your appearance. You have no time to talk, so you grab his legs and drag him out of the litter from the lower section. Thankfully, you quick thinking and determination got the two of you out of the litter safely.

You hear a few loud bangs as you crawl out of the litter, and you saw General Ba flying? No, diving horizontally with great momentum toward the litter. He's using his massive hammer like a leg to propel himself via slamming hard on the ground.He is surprised to sees you and Li Foil safely escaped. With a smile he raises his hammer while quickly approaching the litter, and slam the whole thing down with such forces that it killed the fire, the litter, the surrounding road, and the unfortunate Muridae deep underground.

Madam Foil limply walks toward his son shouting “Liiiiiiii!” while carried by two servants.

Li Foil ran as hard as he could while yelling “Mooooooooom” with tears and running nose.

They both hug in tearful reunion. Madam Foil apologizes for her blunder that almost killed him, and Li Foil just wants his mama.

You feel a pat on your shoulder, it’s from General Ba. He comments your bravery and tells you to go home for the day, for those two needs some private time together. You look on for a moment longer at the mother and son, wondering what is it like to have a mother. Then you sprint home, to be with your honorary father, Uncle Liu.

-------------------------------------
The next day at school, Madam Li come to school with Li Foil. She told the class of what occurred and Li Foil shamefully confessed everything. In a great posture of respect and sincerity, they apologize to you and Baba Ba with a deep bow and Li Foil bring two basketfuls of sweet treats for consolidation.

How do you react?

A) Accept their apology and gift
B) Accept their apology but refuse the gift
C) Refuse their apology and their gift
D) Flip the basket at Li Foil
E) Demand more gifts
F) Offer reciprocal gift: Write-in
G) Write-in

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 11, 2015

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

A. Be gracious in victory.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

How do you react?

G) Accept their apology and gift. Share the gift with the rest of the class.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

How do you react?

yes

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

How do you react?

Yes

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

How do you react?

Including Li

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Are reciprocal gifts a thing in Chinese culture? I. Know that it sometimes is in Japan.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Are reciprocal gifts a thing in Chinese culture? I. Know that it sometimes is in Japan.

"Chinese gift-giving etiquette posted:

For thousands of years, Chinese people have believed that courtesy demands reciprocity, meaning that well-mannered people return favors and kindness. Whenever someone receives a present, treat or invitation from a friend, they will try to offer one back on a suitable occasion. This customary reciprocity is considered necessary to build friendship between people.
You don't have to offer reciprocal gift now, nor were they expecting a child to offer reciprocal gift for an apology.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

How do you react?

Plus Li. This one.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

+1

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Ok then. B It is.

+Li

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
C, and you can pay for the drat cabbages.

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!
G: Hot Dog Day 80

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

How do you react?

+Li

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

How do you react?

This.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
A
Let's live on sweet treats for a while. :)

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Give noodles in return.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

----------------------------------------------
The class applause as you accepts the gift basket and went ecstatic when you announce to shares it with everyone. Baba Ba was hesitant at first to do the same, but ultimately decided to follow your example to share his treats. As the saying goes: “You must spend wealth to gain more wealth.” You can tell a lot of your wealthy classmates are friendlier to you and begin to disregard your status as a beggar in the past.

Madam Li nods at your generosity and called you over privately. She is really grateful that you rescued her beloved child and wish you would become good friend with Li Foil. You ask if Li Foil will be paying the one-third cost for the cabbage merchant and she said in surprise. “Oh dear, I forgot to mention that I will cover the cost of that. My apologies.” She does a little bow before taking out two tokens that fit your palm size.

“These tokens grant you free access to the Foil and Ba Household. The general send his regards and we both hope you will come to play with our children often.” She gave you a wink, “You would play more with my Li Foil, right?" She chuckles at your uncertainty. "He certainly will benefits from your companionship toward a proper future.”

---------------------------------------------

The ripple of the school ended peacefully. An incident that could go various ways, and the turtle has danced into the path of amity.

Skill Gain: Learning +5, Inspire +5

You satisfied your Benevolence Virtue, which earn you the Deed of Benevolence!

+4 Chivalrous Joss!
+4 Entanglement!

Lore: Home Town
Filial Child/Filial Firefighter
4 --> 5 Status: Your tragic and touching story has reached the whole town. Your deed inspired many and your filiality becomes the model of how a child should behave. Just not the digging part...

As a brave child who risked himself to save a classmate from certain fiery death, you are the exemplar of a Chivalrous knight. Virtuous mercenary and Wulin inhabitants who knows of your exploit will regard you with respect.

1 Treasure: A gifts from two families.

2 Fortune (Contact) : Madam Li and General Ba become your valuable contact.

I will redistribute the Entanglement Points if we end up not using it.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 22, 2015

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Think of all the malicious joss we could have got. What a waste.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
Lets go on an adventure with Baba and Li. Maybe pick up a 4th for a well rounded group.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Ok we have Hero, Fat Funny Guy, Sneaky Angry Dude With Secret Heart of Gold... who are we missing? Maybe Token Love Interest?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Ok we have Hero, Fat Funny Guy, Sneaky Angry Dude With Secret Heart of Gold... who are we missing? Maybe Token Love Interest?

Angry dude with secret heart of gold who will inevitably betray us you mean? We need a tiara to turn our pet monkey into a martial arts master.

Edit: also pet monkey

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Why not a MacGuffin Quest, or some bold journey abroad?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Event – Noodle

You are rolling dough properly while your noodle master, Nood York, is punching it in front of a small audience. The scholar and the muscleman are apparently Nood’s childhood friends and they almost always come to eat Nood’s noodle everyday.

Making noodle is a relatively simple art, so it didn’t take long for Nood to teach you the proper way to prepare dough and occasionally let you cook a few regular bowls at the less busy hour, nothing impressive like sea-food noodle yet, but you are getting there.

When you ask about punching noodle, he said there’s nothing he can teach about it. It’s just stamina and reflexes that develops into that performance over time. He’s sure you will find your own style eventually. Trying it out yourself, you find the softness of the dough changes base on the amount of water you add it to and master keeps his dough very soft to be able to survive his onslaught of over ‘kneading’ back to its proper hardness. You wonder if over-kneading it from very soft dough will makes the final product better. Anyway, what’s your plan today?

Anyway, how do you usually spend your time in this job?
A) Play with Li Foil and Baba after work
B) Focus on kneading dough
C) Experiment with the dough
D) Develop a performance for the dough show
E) Invite Li Foil and/or Baba to eat noodle
F) Pry your master for more detailed work of noodle making
G) Write-in

You can ask any questions to the scholar, muscleman, and Nood.

quote:

Next time we run into Nood or Uncle Liu, we need to ask if there are any tasty noodle recipes that are known or rumored to help with weight loss or reducing cravings. Or even just very light and healthy meals that taste good.
Uncle Liu said he has no idea, and kids should eat more vegetables and learn to appreciate tea.

Nood said, “Weight loss? A noodle diet won’t get you fat for sure!” He considered, “My veggies noodle are quite healthy and the taste is...” He shucks, “Good, of course.”

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Sep 12, 2015

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Focus on our punching skills. B

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
A

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com