Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Close but no cigar...it's where he throws his hands back and falls into the couch while screaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

fungah in the clutch

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
it depends on how you define games. all i know is that i want some sort of adversity to overcome in my game. i dont consider accepting the fact that my sister is a lesbian or whatever to be overcoming adversity, i consider finally beating mot after fusing up all my good demons overcoming adversity

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

elf help book posted:

i couldnt stand playing dear esther cuz its a first person game youc ant hop around in. i said this in the studid games forum steam thread once and i think they made it a dumb meme that to be a game requires a jump button but i was being honest gently caress them

i just remember them getting mad when i said spec ops was bad like three years ago

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SM64Guy posted:

i just remember them getting mad when i said spec ops was bad like three years ago

Spec ops the line is full of win...godamn call of doo doo has nothing on that master piece.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

they are "experiences". but as faras that goes they are rather anemic

if you want a good one, play journey

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I can accept calling dear esther an art piece or something but it sure as hell ain't no video game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

this feels too powerful

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress yeah!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lmao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dear Esther was a cool tech demo I guess. The story the game had to tell wasn't super interesting. You also walk super freaking slow. At least Gone Home has hosed around trying to open drawers going for it.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

this feels too powerful

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
i kinda liked the stanley parable, which is also a part of the gay studd for queers genre.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

the stanley parable is actually good. and a game.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
stanley parable isn't good

it's Good

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
they're "notgames"

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

lesbian baphomet posted:

the stanley parable is actually good. and a game.
I like Ethan Carter also, even tho it's pretty short and the puzzles are simple.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

is F1 a sport????

Dec 26, 2012

SM64Guy posted:

you will find that it's bad intentionally, apparently

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol

lol

lolx3

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It's impossible to look at those without smiling.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

In Training posted:

Close but no cigar...it's where he throws his hands back and falls into the couch while screaming

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
e;fvb

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
That's what I get for not reading the entire thread before replying. :sweatdrop:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Is Plumbers Don't Wear Ties a game?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Unguided posted:

It's a load of donkey poo poo for sure.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Gone Home is great if you like exploring and finding stuff on your own. It's got great atmosphere too.

Dear Esther is pretentious as poo poo and bad, its just walking around essentially on rails why the devs verbally masturbate into your ear.

Both are games.

Unguided posted:

Of course, it is the finest game ever made.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I never played Dear Esther but Gone Home is a video game, hell, it's a good way to spend a chill hour or so.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

i remember that thread. it was really bad and really games. when criticized about the lack of moral choice in the game, people said that simply turning off the game was a choice built into the game. wish i could find that thread to see all the stupid poo poo people were saying, but that was the one that stuck out.

liquid courage fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 13, 2015

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

I haven't played either but I've been meaning to play Journey for a while, and I think that's in the same vein?

journey isn't really anything like gone home or dear esther. it's a good game. you should play it.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
gone home was also good but that's not the point.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i still havent seen the avgn movie

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

trying to jack off posted:

i still havent seen the avgn movie

Me neither.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i laughed the entire time i watched it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Yeah, Journey is pretty different. It's also really good, though I don't know how many people are still playing the game to make the co-op features work, which is the best part of the game.

• Locked thread