Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:
>>GAME IS LIVE!<< Click for the link to the main thread. I will be PMing players links to their tribes, anyone who didn't make the cut, super sorry, but we encourage you to try again next time, there will also be no restrictions on casting. If interested, shoot me a PM for a link to the Vista~!
:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

It's back! You thought it was gone, never to be seen again, but the curse continues! Once again, the battle for $100 is renewed! We go to the beginning for this return to form. This new season is open to everyone to sign up! Former players, winners, newbies alike, all are welcome! There are no co-mods, only I, John Cena Minoru Suzuki, the poster with the worst personality in the world. Sixteen of you will play, but only one will win. Do you have what it takes?

Awful Survivor is first and foremost a game of Social Strategy. You're expected to make and break bonds to further your position. Every Tuesday and Thursday, there will be a vote, ridding the game of a player. This process continues until the end, when a jury of voted out players will vote for a winner. Of course, every Monday and Wednesday, there will be battles for Immunity, but that is far less of an important detail. No game events will take place on Friday or weekends unless otherwise stated, at least a few days in advance. Most game events will run until 11pm EST, and start no earlier than 6pm EST. If this is tricky or in conflict with your schedule, don't sign up. It'll negatively impact the game to make everyone needlessly wait. Unless you're Murmur Twin, then it'll probably win you the whole game, but you'll wind up being a giant butt by doing that.

Weekly Schedule
Monday: Challenge
Tuesday: Tribal Council
Wednesday: Challenge
Thursday: Tribal Council

Rules for the game
The following rules all apply to the game. However, just to make sure that the game isn't thrown into disarray, signing up for this game, you are effectively :toxx:ing yourself for any rule with a :siren: in it. Violating these big-time rules will result in a ban. It's not that hard to not cheat.
  • There will be 16 players. Every single player is a survivor. The goal is to make it to the end of the game – standing alone above all other competitors.
  • Players will be split into different tribes that will initially compete with each other. You must work together, or against each other, in order to be the sole survivor. There will only be one winner.
  • If you don't have platinum, you're not getting cast. PMs are a required functionality for the game to work.
  • You are playing for a grand prize! The winner of Survivor will win a $75 Amazon.com Giftcard., with the Runner-Up/Runners Up winning $25. Sharing of this prize/Conspiracy of sharing/splitting/buying another player something with it is strictly forbidden.
  • Tribal Councils (in which one player is removed from the game) will be held every Tuesday and Thursday. Votes will be taken privately by me (Minoru Suzuki) and later published, anonymously. The player with the highest number of votes will be removed from the game. This will be announced in the thread. During Tribal Council, you may only vote for your fellow tribemates, and you MUST vote. Failure to vote will result in a penalty vote against yourself.
  • While alive, you may communicate out of thread with anyone that is in your own tribe. You are expected to plot against each other and make alliances and fake alliances. It is not essential to do this though... unless you want to win. If you ignore everyone out of thread, you have a death wish.
  • :siren:If you are voted out, you are not allowed to communicate with anyone alive/on the jury in the game. You may only contact fellow jurors in the Ponderosa page, and only if you yourself are a juror.
  • :siren:You are not permitted to speak with any potential players about the game before it begins. This is mostly to effectively discourage pre-game alliances, and any long-term tainting of the game itself. Please play with SOME semblance of honor to keep things somewhat fair. Don't be a butt.
  • :siren:No bribing other players. You cannot use money or currency equivalent to coerce players to do something. The fact that I actually have to write this rule out is stupid as hell.
  • When voted out, you are allowed to make only one post as a goodbye message, with a maximum of 100 words. No workarounds/linking to a bigger message or anything cute like that.
  • There will be individual challenges and team challenges. These will be posted at a time that best suits all people in-thread (usually 5:00-7:00PM EST). Some of these will be timed so you might be disadvantaged if you cannot be around. Some challenges which can have ties will be won by the first person to submit their result.
  • For the individual challenges, the winner will be rewarded with immunity from being voted out at Tribal Council. For groups challenges the tribes will be competing against each other. The losing tribe will be forced to go to Tribal Council, where they will have to vote out one of their own.
  • NO EDITING YOUR POSTS EVER!!!! Evidence of editing can result in punishment ranging from a challenge disqualification to a forced removal from the game depending on the severity and frequency. Ninja edits may be ignored but abuse will be punished.
  • Do not post/send chatlogs in this thread/via PM/note inside a bottle drifted through the ocean/etc. Please do not be a shitbag!!!!!
  • Mods need to be given access to any communication between more than two castaways. A link to a doc, IRC room, whatever. PM one of the mods (to be picked after cast is finalized) with how to access whatever you're using to talk. You don't need to do this if you are just communicating with a single other person, only if you are at least 3 people talking outside of your tribe doc.

If you wanna sign up, fill out this >>APPLICATION<< and then post in the thread your interest in playing. The game will be launching August 23. The first challenge will be the 24th. Don't sign up if the above listed schedules look risky in terms of compatibility. Any further questions, do not be afraid to ask in the thread. If you want to co-mod, please shoot me a PM. I'll be taking on 1-2 co-mods, and only offer if your schedule allows for it. Co-mods need to be free from 3pm EST onward, Monday through Friday. You will be rewarded in bagels or a copy of Axiom Verge on steam. Whichever you prefer.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
bbqyes.jpg

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

If it weren't possible that work sent me out traveling in the next month (which killed me in AS: Pet Island) I'd totally sign up cause this is an amazing thing.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

This is an amazing game you should all play. My combined two games is the best time I've had on the forums and I will remember it quite fondly. It's intense and you make a lot of friends. I would gladly recommend this to anybody.

I'm not playing though

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i submitted an app

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

JakeP posted:

i submitted an app

Same

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Cool that you're back, Cena.

I don't have the time to play this fall but anyone who does should definitely sign up!

It is amazing fun times.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Application entered.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

minoru suzuki posted:

No game events will take place on Friday or weekends unless otherwise stated, at least a few days in advance. Most game events will run until 11pm EST, and start no earlier than 6pm EST. If this is tricky or in conflict with your schedule, don't sign up. It'll negatively impact the game to make everyone needlessly wait. Unless you're Murmur Twin, then it'll probably win you the whole game, but you'll wind up being a giant butt by doing that.

:vince:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Ahhh idk if I should sign up. I really wanna play again but idk if I can commit the time in the coming months. Run another one in Jan and I'll def be there!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I submitted an app since you said old players can. What a fun experience.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

While I've never played Awful Survivor, I've watched a great many seasons and it is a good game.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Blarrr I really want to play but the 24th is literally the day the new semester starts

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Blood in, blood out

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I also want to play again, but I don't think I'll have time either. :(

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hmmmm, tempting.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Screw it!

I applied. Let's see how this goes.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Looking forward to watching this play out!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I'm going to be the guy who posts the popcorn emote.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

I'm going to be the guy who posts the popcorn emote.

Me too, I am going to be that guy too

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

I'm waiting for the blue rock.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Silly Burrito posted:

I'm waiting for the blue rock.

Not me. :(

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Sent in an application woooooop

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

minoru suzuki posted:

I, John Cena Minoru Suzuki, the poster with the worst personality in the world.

Excuse me :colbert:

Looking forward to watching this again.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I am interested in playing

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Look Under The Rock posted:

Sent in an application woooooop

Your tarot reading helped me win last season, thanks for that.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I didn't put a lot of effort into my application but I made sure i did it fast so it was from the heart and The Truth

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, don't think I can make this work, timing is bad. Guess I'll just be watching. :)

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Your tarot reading helped me win last season, thanks for that.

Mmm cheated I demand a rematch

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
I SENT THE APPLICATION!!!!
It's a fantastic game!

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.
What could possibly go wrong?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Application sent. This cannot end badly in any way.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
i am never playing again but super excited to watch

fellow winners, circle up on me for cool kids group.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

DaisyDanger posted:

i am never playing again but super excited to watch

fellow winners, circle up on me for cool kids group.

No doubt.

I am not sullying my perfect win record.

Bee tee dubs, I'm totally in the bay area next weekend. So, uh...

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Propaganda Machine posted:

No doubt.

I am not sullying my perfect win record.

Bee tee dubs, I'm totally in the bay area next weekend. So, uh...
oh man, It would have been good to play with you again

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

hello fellow winners, looks like there's finally some class in this place

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I, too, hope to someday win a game of Awful Survivor.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

bowmore posted:

oh man, It would have been good to play with you again

Shut up and eat your Takis

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Propaganda Machine posted:

Shut up and eat your Takis
I did, they were good