Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

this'll be neat to rewatch. haruhi wasn't my first anime, but along with gurren lagann and fma 2003 it's one of the first I went out of my way to find and watch online, rather than just being another cartoon that showed up on weekend blocks like toonami shows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Namtab posted:

Haruhi just loves baps.

I can relate

i remember watching haruhi in like middle school and thinking

woah

they're talking about baps

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://youtu.be/pbbLsN-JJEc

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Namtab posted:

It is with joy in my heart that I announce that it is now time for waifu chat and nagato is mine

tsuruya

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

GorfZaplen posted:

I have read through the thread...how many episodes are we watching a day?

two

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

this is so delightfully awkward

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

God. This film is awful. Show don't tell. Jesus, unforgivable.

And this acting! C'mon guys! Emote! "What would you do if I told you I was being a nuisance :effort:"

2deep4u

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

unpronounceable posted:

Did your doctor tell you you have athlete's foot?

thetimehasfinallycome

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

amazing sfx

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

HEYWHAT'SGOINGO-

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

SUPER DRAMATIC REPEATED CLOSE UPS!!!!

PAN UP

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ULTRA DIRECTOR

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

drat, I haven't watched this show in years but with the santa claus monologue and the ost it's all coming back to me

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Daedalus1134 posted:

This show still looks crazy good for 2006.

mikuru looks a bit :downs: sometimes, but yeah

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

haruhi in the male cheerleader coat

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

unpronounceable posted:

I'm watching the English dub.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

an awesome seat

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-5nJdptkp4

:allears:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

StandardVC10 posted:

Man, finding this poo poo in the broadcast order is really hard to do. I swear one of these dodgy streaming sites just straight up mislabeled everything.

Even if you can't find it in broadcast order, you can figure out when to watch which episodes. The wikipedia page gives episode numbers for the original broadcast order, chronological, DVD, and 2009 broadcast order.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Melancholy_of_Haruhi_Suzumiya_episodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Zedd posted:

I actually have no clue about the novels but is the "main" story finished so to say? Like is there a possible endpoint in one of them/disappearance?

I don't think so, but Disappearance is a satisfying enough stopping point despite not really being an ending to the overall story. Kind of like how I personally find the Giant Robo OVA entirely satisfying despite totally setting up stuff that never got made.

• Locked thread