Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

you cant upload levels online or search for specific levels to play but if its cheap and you can put levels you make on the wii u version to upload ill probably get it still

A Mario Maker game where you're reliant on Streetpass to get new levels sounds like some sort of scam. I must be missing something here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
you can still play 100 mario challenge you just can't download the levels or search for individual levels or upload the levels

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

you can still play 100 mario challenge you just can't download the levels or search for individual levels or upload the levels

Can you at least still use bookmarks? If you can play bookmarked levels then it's fine.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

Mario Maker is getting a 3DS version, a little pared down compared to Wii U version, but you can play most Wii U made games on it on the go. December 2. No idea what the price will be.

OMFG

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Bongo Bill posted:

Can you at least still use bookmarks? If you can play bookmarked levels then it's fine.

i dont think they said

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bongo Bill posted:

It sounded like 100 Mario and Top Rated/Played course tabs will be the only online sharing

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

In Training posted:

It sounded like 100 Mario and Top Rated/Played course tabs will be the only online sharing

this is bullshit

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Letting players play 100 Mario but not upload to 100 Mario seems like a huge misstep.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I guess the 3DS couldn't be made to run the editor satisfactorily.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
This seems more like an extension of the WiiU version than its own thing, which I guess sucks for anyone who doesn't have a WiiU yet.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This seems more like an extension of the WiiU version than its own thing, which I guess sucks for anyone who doesn't have a WiiU yet.

I wonder if its gonna be 10 bucks or 40.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

To date my WiiU still locks up in Mario Maker so I was actually hyped about a proper 3DS port.

Soral
May 30, 2009

it's been a whole year and this game still owns

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

drat thats right, it released on 9/11

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

drat thats right, it released on 9/11

*The eleventh of September

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bump because I'm making a new level. "Short Hops and Long Drops". I'm done designing it and I'll clear and upload after lunch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

qnqnx posted:

Mario Maker will be the true GOTY 2015

This ended up being true I think

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ok here it is https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/4353-0000-02AC-70E4 this turned out being trickier than I expected it to be but like all my levels it's really short

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ill play it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I suddenly had the urge to get really into this game again today so I think I'm gonna finally make a little 1-1,1-2,1-3 1-4 series in SMB1 style just to make a bunch of short easy levels

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Ok here it is https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/4353-0000-02AC-70E4 this turned out being trickier than I expected it to be but like all my levels it's really short

i beat it and yeah those chains chomps make you immediately lose your mushroom the first run through

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I couldn't figure out a way to get the spacing right and third one always hovered off screen. It was a fun obstacle though, I like the way chain chomps work in maker, there's like 4 different ways their AI and movement functions

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i have so many new costumes to unlock 😏

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Same. Thinking about streaming some Hundomans.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm going to play some of your levels today, and hell, might post my own

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've gotta make a course starring my man Yamamura the pigeon.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

still so mad about that cruel fire pack hoax.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
how do i start getting more SFX and mystery mushroom marios?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You get one every time you clear 100 Mario challenge. Different difficulties have different pools of bonuses. There's also some costumes you get from specific event courses like the level Arino made or JetBlue made

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i was playing a 100 mario challenge, and came across a level i didn't understand at all.

it was a single screen level. in the center was one of those trampolines that faces horizontally. there were two doors. a saw blade at the top of the screen. and a narrow hallway leading to the flagpole being guarded by a piranha plant. i had no idea what to do, but i assume it involves some sort of trick jump that i couldn't figure out. i ended up just skipping it ;_;

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Did you look for a hidden block.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i was playing a 100 mario challenge, and came across a level i didn't understand at all.

it was a single screen level. in the center was one of those trampolines that faces horizontally. there were two doors. a saw blade at the top of the screen. and a narrow hallway leading to the flagpole being guarded by a piranha plant. i had no idea what to do, but i assume it involves some sort of trick jump that i couldn't figure out. i ended up just skipping it ;_;

There's a trend among annoying level creators to make an impossible level with a invisible block at the beginning that just jumps to the end

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

you should play my levels

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/wxrmskull

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

glad to see im still the king of twenty

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

mine, as well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The OP has a comprehensive list of the IZ makers I believe

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

trying to jack off posted:

i've been busy w/ various things, and work got pretty insane for the past week, but as soon as i get an off day i'm going to go through the iz levels

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL94gZdOBQ3RX30q7Pl5Fu8QS-6FeV2frD Here's this if you want to see my levels but not play them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

mine, as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zw659IBHqQ

• Locked thread