Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Guh-huh, I can't wait 9 days to be able to place ice blocks, better not get the game that gives me infinite mario levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

rediscover posted:

unlike you guys im going to make lots of levels because i am extremely creative. in fact im going to make the #1 level in Mario maker

i am going to dethrone you by making an even better level, and also more levels.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

deadwing posted:

this is hosed up, that goomba should not be capable of jumping

Goombas can jump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJdjDNimehE

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGZ-mD53X1w

this is a very cool level.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Wormskull posted:

I don't have a folder for it.

having mario maker in my wii u menu and not being able to open it is painful

In Training posted:

A pox upon everybody who produces autoscrolling levels.

I am going to make several.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Get ready for my Cheetah speed-level auto-scrolling stages.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I really like the auto scrollers in Mario 3 where the fire chomps show up and you have to dodge or kill them while platforming. Mine will be like that.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I made a terrible Zelda Classic quest in 2 weeks when I was in 8th or 9th grade.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

At this rate I might be playing Super Mario Maker before The Phantom Pain gets here. The MGSV gamehavers thread is a cruel joke.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I bought digital and nintendo is sending me the book for free.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm probably going to follow the day unlocking system instead of loving with my wii u's date 8 times, but only because I can make a few levels a day then play the Phantom Pain.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I will probably be creating more levels than I play. I hate that there is a limit to the number I can have on the system, because I have a gigantic hard drive for my Wii U.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

SeXReX posted:

I thought you got the "ideas" book not the art one

As far as I know the 100 page "Ideas" book is what everyone gets.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've made 3 courses and I still only have SMB and NSMBU. Give me that SMB3 Mario Maker.

Getting stars on your upload courses feels pretty good. Hell, just seeing that someone played my course makes me happy.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Yes there is some button you can press after playing someone's level to follow them. I'm at work right now so I don't remember exactly how it works. Go play my lovely levels in that other thread and follow me, all.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/replies/AYMHAAACAAADVHkbchpM9g

Heh heh heh... :D

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Welcome to the Father and Son Fortress. Tell me what ya think.

76A8-0000-0018-F2E2

In Training posted:

Lol at all the QQ on the Shell Must Go On.

Agreed.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

New level! D3CF-0000-0018-EADD

Fun stuff. I beat it in a single mario jump combo.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

I like the fish and the tricky spring jumps. Bowser is more tedious than challenging, due to how random his jumping is. I think I'd like it better if the whole floor was destructible in his room, so I didn't have to wait so long.

Yeah I changed bowser's room and uploaded it without testing it out. Something I changed scrambled his brain entirely and I don't know what.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ha ha, I just found out that you can carry the POW block that falls out of the pipe at the beginning of Father and Son Fortress to the end and instant kill Bowser and Bowser Jr. Ooops.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

D370-0000-0019-48E2 I like this one more than my other one

Giant Piranha Plants are scary.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I just unlocked tracks, conveyor belts and sawblades. It's about to get real.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Is there any way to unlock stuff other than wait? It seems like a lot of people have way more stuff than me already.

Place down one of every block you've unlocked then scribble ground tiles while you move the camera.

IT's dumb.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's time to Make.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

You did the system clock manipulation?

No, I did the put down a lot of blocks which unlocks new blocks thing. It's like 5 minutes per set to unlock stuff so why not.

Now I can make a level where you ride a chain chomp.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

This course is probably way too difficult, but I feel like my Mario skills have doubled by just having made this. It's a spin jump challenge titled "Chomp Ain't Stupid".

48F3-0000-001A-86FE

If this level proves to be too hard for you, there is a secret that makes it much easier. There might even be two ways to reach the secret...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Everyone died on the level I made and gave up. :(

I beat it, if you are talking about "Hop". The jump was very clever.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

When do I get the Tall Mushroom

It's a random drop from mushroom ? blocks.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bowser's Bonehouse was fun.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

New course! Spent a bunch of time on this one, luckily I'm not a great Mario player so it forced me to simplify.

56AB-0000-001A-D784

I wanna see the non-simplified version.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I want to make SMW levels designed around the spin jump

Try the one that I made. I wanna see if anyone can beat it.

48F3-0000-001A-86FE

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It was cool, I liked the concept.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Work days feel a lot longer now that MGSV and Super Mario Maker are out. I can't even decide which of the two I want to play when I get home.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't get how to do the jump at the end of the flying chomp ride. How do you jump high when you're spin-bouncing?

Hold down the spin jump button and you will fly high.

I have a special level planned out for when I get home. I hope it lives up to my mental image.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I really need to get home now. This level in my head is going to be awesome.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I tried to do that in my spin jump level but who knows if it worked out for the players.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Friends, please play this stage. I am very proud of it.

B918-0000-0026-FB60

"The World Eats a Shroom"

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I beat the Spelunky level you made FaU. Very cool.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I wonder if anyone will make it to the end of the giant subworld... it is possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

If I were in the states, with my capture equipment I would make 100 mario maker videos. but I am not.

• Locked thread