Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9W_y8IlNro

Nintendo posted a long video today with some new super mario maker news. The game is also the mariopaint composer now and theyre doing the splatoon thing where new content is rolled out on a timer, but this is more dependent on how long you spend in the editor. this is going to be the GOTY #2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lesbian baphomet posted:

that game's not out yet and there's still the slim possibility that konami does something really retarded and breaks everything, since they hate kojima

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

this has been an insanely good year for games so far and there's like four or five loving awesome releases on the horizon

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

The level they showed at the Nintendo championships where they filled an entire room with springs looked and sounded like Hell.

that sound...

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

*i boot up a level that spawns Mario on top of a horizontal spring and he is immediately launched at a voice block*

Creator's Voice: my name is goombastomper58, and I

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

How's that work?

think it gives you a code that you can turn in at retail places for a copy of the book

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

i'll just order from amzon and not have to deal with irl ppl haha

lol yeah

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

e: hosed up the tags...

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

This is the closest we can get to a good Sonic game now lol

lol gently caress you're right

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

nintendo...

i'cve played more metroid than anyone in here otehr than maybe ysg and i'd 100% rather have mario's jump physics than samus' in a mario game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

imo persona 5's gonna get bumped to early next year. at least i hope so, there's so much else coming out in the next four months

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

I wish you could design maps of levels so that you could have alternate secret exits and poo poo to unlock other ones.

they needed to leave something for mario maker 64

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Eonwe posted:

I want a Metroid Maker tbqh

everyone keeps saying that but all that'd heappen are a couple of cool games and then a bunch of relly bad ones. also like how would that work anyway, you'd have to use the entire toolset for every game because you'd have to make the whole world with the maker so every one would be variations on the smae game. i'd rather them put that time into doing a new metroid

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

it would be a mario golf maker for this gamer

now that's what i'm talkin about

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah! posted:

everyone keeps saying that but all that'd heappen are a couple of cool games and then a bunch of relly bad ones. also like how would that work anyway, you'd have to use the entire toolset for every game because you'd have to make the whole world with the maker so every one would be variations on the smae game. i'd rather them put that time into doing a new metroid

ddon't get me wrong i want a new metroid so bad it hurts but metroid maker would probably end up being raw aids

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Shame. It seems right up my alley bc I will play any metroidvania that looks remotely promising but I do not have a 360 and likely never will

yyeah it sucks that it never made it to a good system or at least gfwl. good game though if you ever get the chance

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

no they will not posted:

splatoon amiibo in super mario maker https://youtu.be/KluApe64FlQ?t=598

lmao that rules

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3726029&perpage=40&pagenumber=13#post449250504

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

SeXReX posted:

Megathreads suck make a new thread any time you wanna post about something imo

how about you just never post again

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

The point is that these companies give you affordances—a text-box to type in and, hopefully, an audience—to broadcast your political views and/or latte art. They usually call these “platforms,” a metaphorical launchpad for your idea. But we have to remember that, in Instagramming your baby back ribs at Chili’s, you’re not only assuring everyone of your ironic/earnest love for Chili’s in general (and baby back ribs in particular, in spite of the fact that they are made of “baby back”), but also adding value to both Instagram and Chili’s in the form of free—albeit ironically detached—advertising.

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

new mario in mario maker also has the mario world spin, so that + wall jump will make for some cool stuff

oh poo poo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

If I made a vertical autoscroller I'd do a stressful one where you have to climb down by ground pounding blocks under the risk of being crushed by the ceiling but doing so without looking what's below might be deadly.

those levels are so loving stressful agh

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

i like autoscrollers if i can outrun them with sufficient skill

i mean i like them if they're well made but man do they stress me out lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGLnacPPLeo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

This is clever and I like the way they introduce the concept to you gradually like a real Mario game, but it doesn't look fun to play.

yeah but like you said it's a clever concept and i bet someone's going to do something ccool with it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

yeah but now there will be way more impossible lovely levels

yyah but now theyve got a new difficulty just for those

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

jfc

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

im ade a bunch of levels tht I forgot top ost about, ill do it when I get home. my best s probably a platform level whre you have to deal wth two piranha plants on clouds th whole time unless you kill them, still like tht gimmick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

big jups are loving dope

• Locked thread