Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote no lynch that's fine with me.

I suspect lunatic is BP anyway otherwise there is no reason to wait until I am dead to claim. That or they haven't had time to come up with a viable fake claim yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

MC Eating Disorder posted:

I just think it's safe to say that if our only killing role so far is also LP that there is some wack poo poo happening

##vote no lynch

I wanna see if Hal can withhold a kill, no lynch today, Hal doesn't kill sledge or anyone else tonight. Amoebas flavour for today seems like a big hint that this is the right decision and if Hal can withhold a kill AND he's LP I feel ok assuming he's not a bad guy

I was actually just about to repost that daily flavor. At best, the Pacifism Disney End is the real end. At worst, Hal kills me and I'm almost fine with that. I'm town, I know I'm town, maybe when the Introduced are dead people will stop speculating that my team is the scum.

##vote no lynch

I'm putting down hard money that Hal still kills someone, though, because he can't not loving kill someone for one day.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Quidnose posted:

I like Hal and I want to believe him and everything I see him doing kinda supports that he's not a BadMan but I am just not convinced he isn't going to submit a NK he then lies about. Bottom line for me. I don't think we can use "Hal don't kill anyone" as a gauge for jack poo poo because he can kill someone and go "Nah that wasn't me I don't even know!" and then we're even more lost than we already are.

Actually if there's an nk tonight we're literally back where we started, if there isn't one then we're better off so no, we're not even more lost. If we lynch someone today and Hal is full of poo poo we just inch closer to lylo.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Hal Incandenza posted:

I suspect lunatic is BP anyway otherwise there is no reason to wait until I am dead to claim.

Remember this, guys, it's the excuse he's going to use if he kills a Native tonight.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I was actually just about to repost that daily flavor. At best, the Pacifism Disney End is the real end. At worst, Hal kills me and I'm almost fine with that. I'm town, I know I'm town, maybe when the Introduced are dead people will stop speculating that my team is the scum.

##vote no lynch

I'm putting down hard money that Hal still kills someone, though, because he can't not loving kill someone for one day.

Hey if people hadn't tried to kill ME yesterday I would have been fine with withholding!

Although I guess if I had seen yuming's flip first I may have reconsidered.

But I am ok trying this method, I would love to see the rest of us all win together somehow.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Remember this, guys, it's the excuse he's going to use if he kills a Native tonight.

Are you setting me up here? :)

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Are you setting me up here? :)

What the hell would I even set you up for? We can't lynch you, apparently.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Votecount for Day 4

Lynch No One! (3): MC Eating Disorder, Hal Incandenza, Lunatic Sledge

Not Voting (5): CapitalistPig, Grandicap, Kumbamontu, Opopanax, Quidnose

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 02nd, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Actually if there's an nk tonight we're literally back where we started, if there isn't one then we're better off so no, we're not even more lost. If we lynch someone today and Hal is full of poo poo we just inch closer to lylo.

What? How are we back where we started? Hal can easily kill someone he said he wasn't going to, claim he didn't, and then we're totally obfuscatedly hosed. How is this better than trying to suss out something today?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

No-Cuddle being at -2 already is incredibly stupid.

##vote Lunatic

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lunatic Sledge posted:

What the hell would I even set you up for? We can't lynch you, apparently.

I'm half joking, but if you DID have a kill it's a pretty good way to set me up to look bad.

I really do have no idea how I could die though (I assume trying to kill Grandi would do it) and I even PM'd Amoeba back after I got the PM saying I survived and was like why the hell are you doing this to me I can't take another day of having to convince everyone again that I have no idea what is going on

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Whatever we do today I am not killing anyone tonight

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Quidnose posted:

##vote Lunatic

Why me and not Hal?

Why is Yuming's flip more scummy than Hal's Mysterious Lynchproof Question Marks bullshit?

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm half joking, but if you DID have a kill it's a pretty good way to set me up to look bad.

If I had a kill I would have killed you last night to save my teammate. This is bad speculation. HALF-JOKING, though, I'm sure.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
Like, the argument for being the antagonist team / kill goal still stands. If the goal of the game is just to kill the Introduced, it is the most piss-easy game ever in history. No docs, no fake claims, team doesn't know it's the bad guys, Kash can't kill, Yuming can MAYBE kill one person (????), and Hal's still the gently caress alive so you know that's not what my role does. The idea that the game's end goal is to kill my three person piss team of rookies with awful roles is ... I don't know, guys, is that really the spec still?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lunatic Sledge posted:

If I had a kill I would have killed you last night to save my teammate. This is bad speculation. HALF-JOKING, though, I'm sure.

If I was someone else with a kill I probably would do nothing with it for as long as possible because as soon as another kill shows up it validates me WAY more and shifts everyone's focus.

I am not saying it's great speculation but it's valid speculation

Yuming definitely had the ability to kill and never mentioned it. WHY?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Hal Incandenza posted:

If I was someone else with a kill I probably would do nothing with it for as long as possible because as soon as another kill shows up it validates me WAY more and shifts everyone's focus.

I am not saying it's great speculation but it's valid speculation

Yuming definitely had the ability to kill and never mentioned it. WHY?

So are you also speculating that I made you lynchproof? Is this in addition to your speculation that I'm bulletproof? I am a lynchproof-making bulletproof night killer?

Yuming did mention that her goal is to find someone "to play with," she might not have actually known what the gently caress that meant. We still don't even know what it was, we're just speculating it kills someone probably.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Like, the argument for being the antagonist team / kill goal still stands. If the goal of the game is just to kill the Introduced, it is the most piss-easy game ever in history. No docs, no fake claims, team doesn't know it's the bad guys, Kash can't kill, Yuming can MAYBE kill one person (????), and Hal's still the gently caress alive so you know that's not what my role does. The idea that the game's end goal is to kill my three person piss team of rookies with awful roles is ... I don't know, guys, is that really the spec still?

I'm absolutely willing to entertain killing no one for a bit to see what happens but...

Yuming LIED to us and said she was looking for a teammate or someone to play with and made it out to be totally innocent.

You have given a tonal indication that you have OOT communication with yuming (the way you have defended her and seeming to know what she did with her role).

Your other team member was a rolecop who may well have been there to help yuming find whoever she had to kill.

Come on, lets not pretend your team is all innocent

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lunatic Sledge posted:

So are you also speculating that I made you lynchproof? Is this in addition to your speculation that I'm bulletproof? I am a lynchproof-making bulletproof night killer?

Yuming did mention that her goal is to find someone "to play with," she might not have actually known what the gently caress that meant. We still don't even know what it was, we're just speculating it kills someone probably.

What? No I didn't say anything about you making me lynchproof.

Yuming KNEW her role had brutal in the name. Nice try.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
This isn't going to be believable speculation coming from me, but

If Hal's Lynchproof was a secret, the Brutal part of Yuming's visitor might have been a secret. Like, she was pretty open about the "trying to find someone to play with" part, and didn't argue with any of the spec that it was bird-related or whatever. If Hal's real loving serious about not knowing why he's Lynchproof, and it's not some magical new role somebody has, there might just be hidden role parts.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lunatic Sledge posted:

This isn't going to be believable speculation coming from me, but

If Hal's Lynchproof was a secret, the Brutal part of Yuming's visitor might have been a secret. Like, she was pretty open about the "trying to find someone to play with" part, and didn't argue with any of the spec that it was bird-related or whatever. If Hal's real loving serious about not knowing why he's Lynchproof, and it's not some magical new role somebody has, there might just be hidden role parts.

I admit, I actually thought that same thing right after I hit post, so I grudgingly agree this COULD be possible.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Hal Incandenza posted:

You have given a tonal indication that you have OOT communication with yuming (the way you have defended her and seeming to know what she did with her role).

Where? If it's about her not visiting Quid, I already covered that. Otherwise you're talking out of your rear end.

If you're not "secret Lynchproof" and I didn't make you Lynchproof, why the gently caress are you lynchproof?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Where? If it's about her not visiting Quid, I already covered that. Otherwise you're talking out of your rear end.

If you're not "secret Lynchproof" and I didn't make you Lynchproof, why the gently caress are you lynchproof?

Just the way you rushed to her defense and always was so sure she was innocent even when nothing she was doing gave indication of that. You were never really even willing to look at her. I get that she claimed to be on the same team as you, but with how this setup has played out you should have had cause to look at her harder. Kind of the same with Kash, but his play was better so it's more understandable.

It's just how it feels to me, I am not claiming it to be true. I'm just trying to play mafia here in case being friends isn't the real answer.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
And I've defended her for the same reason I've defended Kash. The possibility of them not being Introduced was always there, but coming out d1 and immediately revealing their animals as non-Native would be a loving insane strategy for a scum to pull. Like, it was guaranteed to get them killed (spoilers, they are dead). I didn't believe if they were actually bad guys, that they'd make a poo poo play like that right out the gate. I know my PM paints me as town, so I bought It.

I don't think Grandi's scum for the same reason. He's a guaranteed policy lynch. He will die with that claim, period. I don't think a scum would bother making that claim d1.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
I also believed Yuming because the idea of me and Kash being the only Introduced didn't make any sense, either. If we were a two-man team we should at least be Neighbors or something, Jesus.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Quidnose posted:

##vote Lunatic

Quid, at worst Hal is extremely likely to shoot me tonight. I'm going to die regardless, can we at least try a no-lynch one time?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I just have a hard time believing that everything about pests in my PM and at least some of the Fauna's PM's and the game flavor itself are all just a red herring. I'm trying to remain open minded but there are a lot of big blinking signs that are hard to ignore.

I'm sure people can say the same about me.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Hal Incandenza posted:

I just have a hard time believing that everything about pests in my PM and at least some of the Fauna's PM's and the game flavor itself are all just a red herring. I'm trying to remain open minded but there are a lot of big blinking signs that are hard to ignore.

I'm sure people can say the same about me.

Do you want me to repost that Wikipedia thing about possums?

Like, if you want to go after flavor, Pig has both been scummy and is a renowned pest in countries bordering Australia. Right now, though, I want you to think about this poo poo rationally. Flavor's important, but a game where the goal is to kill me, Kash, and Yuming with the roles as presented (I know my role is still a mystery, but bear with me here)... like, that poo poo wouldn't make any sense. That would be World's Easiest Mafia. We flipped Yuming and we still don't actually know who Yuming could kill, we just think it's maybe Quid because birds(?). My team is not a good antagonist team. I really feel like that logical point should stick firmer than flavor, especially when the intro to the game said it was about "animals surviving Australia" or whatever. Like, we're dealing with contradictory flavor at this--

OH gently caress I'M PULLING A QUID, ONE SECOND.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
We are Australian animals trying to survive Australia. Introduced, Native, but still Australian.

Hal is an Australian trying to kill pests that threaten the Australian animals.

Possums are a pest in New Zealand. Those non-Australian possums are pests, but Australian possums are fine. We don't know what kind of possum Pig is.

Grandicap posted:

My animal is native but does not live in Australia. Because I am a Mother loving Shark. I live in the water AROUND Australia and pretty much globally around the oceans. Except where it is too cold. I don't live where it is too cold even though there are yummy seals up there.

Like, am I crazy for thinking this, or am I on to something?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Do you want me to repost that Wikipedia thing about possums?

Like, if you want to go after flavor, Pig has both been scummy and is a renowned pest in countries bordering Australia. Right now, though, I want you to think about this poo poo rationally. Flavor's important, but a game where the goal is to kill me, Kash, and Yuming with the roles as presented (I know my role is still a mystery, but bear with me here)... like, that poo poo wouldn't make any sense. That would be World's Easiest Mafia. We flipped Yuming and we still don't actually know who Yuming could kill, we just think it's maybe Quid because birds(?). My team is not a good antagonist team. I really feel like that logical point should stick firmer than flavor, especially when the intro to the game said it was about "animals surviving Australia" or whatever. Like, we're dealing with contradictory flavor at this--

OH gently caress I'M PULLING A QUID, ONE SECOND.

Hehe... I read that same wikipedia article before you posted it because I thought the same thing.

However that article really only said they were pests in New Zealand because they were invasive there and didn't make them sound all that much like pests to Australians.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lunatic Sledge posted:

We are Australian animals trying to survive Australia. Introduced, Native, but still Australian.

Hal is an Australian trying to kill pests that threaten the Australian animals.

Possums are a pest in New Zealand. Those non-Australian possums are pests, but Australian possums are fine. We don't know what kind of possum Pig is.

Like, am I crazy for thinking this, or am I on to something?

Hmmm kind of a stretch but grandicap at least has been a pretty poor poster this game by his town standards.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Smoke drifts on the wind. The fire continues to burn in the distance.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hmmm kind of a stretch but grandicap at least has been a pretty poor poster this game by his town standards.

If we subscribe to this theory at all, in any way shape or form, and I get any say in this, I'd like to try Pig first. He's also been ludicrously scummy, and I'm kind of working a double decker sandwich of suspicion here. I don't know if you want to lynch Grandi because he's scummy, or if you want to lynch Grandi because you know you can't shoot him. I know you know what your answer is, but you have to know I can't trust that answer.

Pig has been shady and bad, though, in addition to my "the enemy is not Australia" theory.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

Smoke drifts on the wind. The fire continues to burn in the distance.

Of course all these posts make me wonder if there isn't a time mechanic at play here and that makes me hesitant on the no-lynching.

This game will make me insane.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Of course all these posts make me wonder if there isn't a time mechanic at play here and that makes me hesitant on the no-lynching.

This game will make me insane.

That poo poo about not burning bridges makes me scared to lynch people, but the possibility of a time limit makes me want to lynch the hell out of people. This has been a confusing and frustrating experience from d1.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
##unvote

I'm doing the thing. If I'm wrong and whatever, Hal can shoot me because after this I'm out of loving ideas.

##vote CapitalistPig

He's been unhelpful, scummy, and desperately wants Grandi lynched. I'm speculating that it's because he can't night kill Grandi.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Someone break down why we would no lynch?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

In case the way we win is to all be friends

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Opopanax posted:

The original reason was some setup spec from earlier in the game, +the only killer we've seen is Hal and he's I guess secret lynchproof. I've changed my stance until further science is done.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Opop what do you think of Brutal Visitor this is in your wheelhouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Opopanax posted:

Also, because MCED is a man in a romantic comedy, and afraid of commitment

• Locked thread