Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Gooood damnit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Green Intern posted:

##vote nolynch

I want to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Goes about three feet and then stops dead.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm not necessarily convinced scum didn't try to kill someone last night

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I guess there's the proof that we have three scum. They want to keep it at mylo, with maximum odds for their own safety.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Kashuno posted:

I'm not necessarily convinced scum didn't try to kill someone last night

Why? What could have stopped it?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Green Intern posted:

Why? What could have stopped it?

Shooting someone who can't die?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Shooting someone who can't die?

Do you think there's a second bulletproof?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Green Intern posted:

Do you think there's a second bulletproof?

I am the second bulletproof. I have titanium armor, and can't be killed with bullets. I was gun hunting earlier since my role specifically states other weapons can still kill me. I was thinking there might be a 3P alien or that scum is using alien weapons, but I don't think that's the case now.

If madman is being truthful, town needs to lynch scum today and at that point scum can't win the game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Which honestly makes me question madman's claim. What are the odds this game was set up that if TMM or I were not lynched, and one scum gets lynched, the game is quite literally unwinnable for scum?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Or I guess, game ends in a draw since neither team can fulfill their win condition?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

'Titanium' armor isn't a thing in XCOM.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Sorry, Titan armor. Phone posting

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The more I think about this game the more angry I get at it. If madman is telling the truth, he is town literally holding the entire game hostage. Town doesn't have the votes to lynch anyone else, and scum isn't going to vote one of their own at this point because mylo. This loving sucks.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Same

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

The more I think about this game the more angry I get at it. If madman is telling the truth, he is town literally holding the entire game hostage. Town doesn't have the votes to lynch anyone else, and scum isn't going to vote one of their own at this point because mylo. This loving sucks.

How am I holding the town hostage? I found someone who is directly lying to me and I want to know why because I think he is scum

There isn't any holding town hostage. Why should I move from someone I think is scum?

And yes, I am telling the absolute truth about being a town aligned PGO.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure what's hard to understand? You're holding the rest of the town to literally vote Taste or vote no one.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I am the second bulletproof. I have titanium armor, and can't be killed with bullets. I was gun hunting earlier since my role specifically states other weapons can still kill me. I was thinking there might be a 3P alien or that scum is using alien weapons, but I don't think that's the case now.

If madman is being truthful, town needs to lynch scum today and at that point scum can't win the game.

I am inclined to believe this claim. Btw, the other weapons are probably the lynchbomb and the actual lynch. Remember, a townies vote IS his weapon.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I'm not sure what's hard to understand? You're holding the rest of the town to literally vote Taste or vote no one.

Because I have caught Taste in a lie that he has not adequately explained. So again, why move my vote from someone I am sure is scum?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Because I have caught Taste in a lie that he has not adequately explained. So again, why move my vote from someone I am sure is scum?

I'm not saying you have to. I'm saying it sucks that I have no choice but to take you at your word because it's literally impossible to progress otherwise.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

This is my problem with it. Why move from someone I am sure is scum when a mislynch loses the game?

I've been honest the whole time with the thread. I gave my feelings on both Met and SSV, I explained my attacks on both BK and Winson. I have even explained what I believe happened on N2. Taste hasn't done any of those things.

And finally, I think one of the reasons scum didn't kill last night was because of my death message theory. I think they know if they kill someone, it will prove I'm telling the truth. And even though I currently believe that Taste might be some kind of Absorber who could have gotten RB powers, they can't RB and kill me because again, that proves I am telling the truth about being a town PGO.

And now, because you have full claimed, they can't RB and kill you either or it would prove you are telling the truth.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I'm not saying you have to. I'm saying it sucks that I have no choice but to take you at your word because it's literally impossible to progress otherwise.

I am waiting to evaluate the other full claims. Honestly, if someone doesn't want to claim, I would have to consider them to be anti-town at this point and I would likely vote for them over Taste.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

TMMadman posted:

Sorry, what I'm asking is was the message you received yesterday clear that you could no longer use your powers, so you didn't submit an action tonight?

This is the case.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Winson_Paine posted:

This is the case.

Gotcha. Thanks.

So on a night when Winson targets Taste, he seems to have lost his ability for good.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Gotcha. Thanks.

So on a night when Winson targets Taste, he seems to have lost his ability for good.

And not so coincidentally, that is the night Taste claims to have tracked me ~*somewhere*~.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hmm. Somber coming out and wanting Kash dead right away might actually indicate that scum tried to kill him on N2 instead of BK.

Either way, I remain convinced that BK visited me on N2 which is why he's dead.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I believe Winson is town because it would also balance the PGO/BP players through randomness. I think giving that ability to scum might be too powerful.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Would you be willing to vote somber just so we can try to get a vote on someone

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Waiting for claims. There's no hurry.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

hi sagan

can u fullclaim pls

I know you've been relatively checked out this game, but you cannot be serious right now.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

TMMadman posted:

I've got two minutes before I jump in my car and drive 2 hours back to Chicago.

Not moving from Taste. No lynch is a terrible idea. Taste is lying and he's scum.

##vote Taste

also god you live near me

please do not come to my house to badger me about roles or towns

Kashuno posted:

I reread somber and still dont get the case on him other than he is sort of AWOL and he didn't tell you his gun; I mean couldn't he have just said ASSAULT RIFLE or whatever or couldn't one of the people who did be lying? Like, given the flavors, it would have made sense if the heavies had a a ROCKET LAUNCHER or whatever it was in the game in addition to the LMG; the role seems to be tied to the gimmick weapon associated with the role (like the lynchbomb's grenade, or my arc thrower, or your armor although that is not a weapon.) Unless there is something I am missing that seems to be... shaky, I guess. Maybe with role claims I might buy into it more, I reckon.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Evil Sagan posted:

I know you've been relatively checked out this game, but you cannot be serious right now.

I don't understand this reaction, as far as I'm aware you haven't confirmed you're vanilla yet

It was weird that you weren't around for a long time and then showed up right after day started tbh

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So just to be clear, the guy who said this:

Tremendous Taste posted:

Sagan clearly isn't scum, I view any votes on him as an affront on logic

Vimes and madman most likely are both unless they're just illogical hyper players

The last scum is probably someone like Winson or KB

Is now saying this:

Tremendous Taste posted:

I don't understand this reaction, as far as I'm aware you haven't confirmed you're vanilla yet

It was weird that you weren't around for a long time and then showed up right after day started tbh

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

So just to be clear, the guy who said this:

Is now saying this:

Oh my god okay. I give up. I'm not doing this another day.

##vote taste

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Just put him on ignore and play for real like I'm doing

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Tremendous Taste posted:

Just put him on ignore and play for real like I'm doing

Ignoring one of the players, even an irritating one, is not playing for real and making the argument "man TMM is irritating" does not seem really townish at all.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Let me tell you what he's said the past day and you can tell me if I missed anything

"Taste is lying. A liar scum. He's lying, as a lying scum is wont to lie, so I'm going to act against town interest because what else would you do with lying liars who lie even about lying."

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

We might as well be playing with a pull string doll

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

Are you doing a TMMadman impression?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

"Hey can you claim please"

"Aaaaah gently caress no why this is nuts"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If you have another shot, kill me, preferably irl

If you don't, claim it and account for why you weren't around

• Locked thread