Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
Yeah why not, I'll play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Confirming.

Has anyone played Xenonauts, I kind of like it...

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

I'm still not sold on Met being scum or not scum based on that "mistake"

To clarify, I'm not sold on him being town as well.

I don't really have an opinion or a read on anyone else yet.

Winson_Paine posted:

I hate day one more than anything else about Mafia

heh

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Yeah sorry I'm just in a remote TZ for this so I've only been up for 3-4 hours or so whilst dealing with an outage affecting 4/6 states in my country :(

There isn't much for me to go on at the moment. Met's post is suss as gently caress but by nature I'm hesitant to jump on him as a result of it for an easy or quick lynch.

KB, BK and Kash all appear to want to avoid brinksmanship with Met, so you guys also seem to have at least a reasonable doubt. That said he hasn't done a stellar job of persuading me to not vote for him, given his main reason seemed to be little more than "I didn't read it right"

I read my mod pm through and through, it seems like a dumb idea not to.

The third party idea seems kind of likely at this point but if I knew then this wouldn't be the shitstorm that is mafia D1.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Also I'm not the only one who's been quiet. A couple of others have had low post count and low effort in those posts.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Just got into work and caught up, I'll be around for the vote.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

I'm not convinced he is or isn't scum, BK seems quick to throw him under the bus.

At this stage it seems to be lynch Met who I am not entirely convinced is scum, or lynch no one which is terrible.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

BottleKnight posted:

nah I think Met could easily be a scum tracker. I don't know why I didn't think of it before but I just don't believe his claim, there's too much.

this seems like a very dumb thing to do even if his head is on the chopping block

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

TMMadman posted:

Well at this point, I think I could only really point at one of the two main lurkers: Horsebanger or Grandicap.

I mean we could just go for the policy lynch on a lurker to avoid lynching a claimed tracker.

This is fair I am lurking, I'm still pretty new to forum mafia and even by my standards people jump on what you say here.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

TMMadman posted:

But at the same token, claiming early when he might be able to move the vote off him just paints a big old target on his back.

The problem here is that nobody wanted to look elsewhere as everyone is convinced Met made a scum slip.

I also had to ask the moderator regarding my role as it contained information flavor on my role, but didn't seem to have anything on my alignment. Because of this I'm partial to Met's slip though I'd have asked the moderator in private rather than blurt it out on the forums...

Still, looks like the group is voting for him, sorry Met :(

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

I believe BottleKnight made a bad read and is likely to cop a lot of poo poo for it today. We've already killed an xcom member for making a mistake, I'm hesitant to kill another for a mistake on D1.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

BK is town I'm very sure of it.

We shouldn't tunnel on someone right away. It seems like a classic scum play to force someone to make a mistake. I'm more suss of people coming out of nowhere immediately after the vote and pinning this on someone

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

hey BK and... horse banger. Okay. Hey BK and Horsebanger, why does that guy think that BK and I are scrum together?

which guy specifically?

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

madman thinks BK is scum because he threw met under the bus D1, and he probably thinks you're scum because you haven't posted a lot or something.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Morning all, what a glorious night of posting for me to catch up on.

I'll start by saying I haven't read thoroughly yet, I'll catch up on it in the next hour or so.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

I think Vines is scum. These post combos are what are twigging me:

First up, we've talked about this one before, but here we go again:

So first he doesn't have a real problem with what Met is saying, then after Taste, BK and Grandi all jump on Met:

To me this looks like an easy bandwagon vote after momentum was building, since he was there at the very start and didn't think anything of it. Then, after Taste and Winson both vote for Madman:

This came right after BK and Somber brought up Taste as scum and his last post an hour before was his Madman vote. I don't know what to call this exactly, but it just feels really bad to me. Like he's trying to float by on whatever the thread consensus is.

I'm finding the kings reasoning hard to refute...

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

It ain't gonna happen, babe.

Lol,

##Vote Tremendous Taste

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Actually I'd rather Bottleknight and Burgundy weigh in on this more but I'm going to leave my vote. Still got a while until the deadline anyway.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

##unvote

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

My own opinions are that taste and vines are scummy. I think Madman is just angry over the D1 lynch, but he hasn't been scummy.

Undecided on Kashuno. Same with Sagan though my gut says town.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Sorry everyone I have received some fairly dramatic news in the last few hours and it has shaken me a bit.

I am carrying an LMG because Heavies are the best class in XCOM.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

I would very much like to know the reason why I had to tell kash that I don't see any harm in giving it up but maybe he is a quartermaster and knows what gun each of us have?

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Evil Sagan posted:

##shoot Horsebanger

:xcom:

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

This is an excellent time to say I'm not scum and I am a rolecop

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

ah sorry,

please be lenient captain foo

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

:ghost:

Thanks guys, it was fun! Sorry Captain Foo for ruining things, I posted a couple of times during whilst the hammer was being dropped but yeah, my bad. I had a lot of fun though!

GOOD LUCK COMMANDER.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

:negative:

This was thrilling to read and play, thanks Foo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

I'd love to presign this was amazing

• Locked thread