Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's our coupling, from fan fiction mafia

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Carpet shark drew it before joining sa mafia

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Met posted:

So are EXALT or Aliens the bad guys here?

##vote met

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Met, you *were* scum that game

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It was meant to acknowledge a less savory interaction between the two of us.

Met at that point tried to question my suspicion of and argument against him the same way, and he was scum. The situation escalated from there and that's all that really needs to be said.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I think you're parsing that incorrectly Sagan

Also good to see you again

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

When I read it first, I got the impression that it was X as scum along with a third party group separate from X

Perhaps it's just what I believe so I'm ready to see it

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It reads as false chill to me

I sometimes use the tactic

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I mean, it ought to be clear how I feel. I think it's a scum/3p slip and I don't like the way he responded to it.

It's not an airtight multipost case but so it goes, it's D1.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

TMMadman posted:

My problem right now is that the 'slip' would mean that Met is either completely brain dead or completely brazen enough to reveal that he is a 3rd party in basically his very first post. And I just don't buy that he is either of those things.

And I say he'd be a 3rd party because if we are all assuming EXALT are the bad guys from OP flavor and PMs, then I don't see a reason to mention aliens at all as scum.

Now I want to see met's flip to see how much of a bus this is lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Content kvetching d1 is bad

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

TMMadman posted:

And yet you kept telling me I was rolefishing in the Restrictive Diet game.

I don't like the Met dunk right now. It's primarily based off a supposed scum slip combined with Mets defense of the issue. It feels really rushed and nobody at all seems to be interested in doing anything other than lynching Met.

For example, nobody bothered to jump on this post:

Which mentions aliens and was posted hours before Met asked about aliens.

Lol really

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You've slowly pushed the narrative where you now are stating only an utterly terrible player could possibly make a slip. Don't think it's gone unnoticed because it's gradual

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Agreed op, if you keep saying it loudly enough maybe it'll drown out the fact met had been scummy af since the first vote

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm not moving my vote because of how he carried it

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote madman

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Oh, I totally misread my copy of the setup, sorry

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I've been busy tbh and d1

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm following met's logic along with my own suspicions as to the nature and direction of madman's defense over the past game day

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

TMMadman posted:

You mean my defense of an innocent townie? Which for some reason would supposedly give me town cred if I was scum? Nobody has clearly explained that part to me. If I'm scum, why would I bother to draw so many eyes towards me by trying to defend someone who was in the red zone for the majority of D1?

Wouldn't it make more sense for me to say something along the lines of 'well I don't think Met is scum but there aren't any other cases' and then put my vote on him? I'd get just as much town cred by stating my objection and nobody would think twice about it.

Hell, I could have just stayed away from the thread at deadline and I'd be safer. If I'm scum, I don't care who dies on D1 as long as it isn't me or anyone else on the scum team. So again, why stick my neck out as scum for someone on D1? And I started the defense early on D1 too, so it's not like I just up and decided to save someone.

It was clear to me that the Met vote was a railroad from the get go and so I have to look at the people who started the vote. You and BK and Grandicap were the first three votes and since Grandicap is dead and town then I have to take a hard look at you and BK. Frankly neither of you look very good at this moment but I feel BK is scummier. Mostly because you have said very little so far.

:eyepop:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm literally the first post after that post

How could that parrot popular opinion

If anything it would be establishing a trend

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Oh I dig

I haven't really read today that closely

As for 3p/scum it makes sense for motivations and potential mechanics slips but yeah idk

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It ain't gonna happen, babe.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

you don't have a case to rest

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

anyway horse just tipped his hand, vimes/horse/madman scum team

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If I get to -5 I'll make sure to claim my role that would make townies hesitant to hammer me too

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I volunteer to do something that is a foregone conclusion anyway, but when we get there I'll still want to talk as much as possible until someone says it's more advantageous to no-lynch rather than mislynch a townie and I'll welcome that with open arms

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'll start playing more seriously as we approach deadline tbh

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

TMMadman posted:

I'm going to swing back to this post and just flat out say that I hate it. What the hell kind of bullshit is this? Why only play seriously as the deadline approaches? Why even bother coming in and saying this? This is just pure loving garbage.

Frankly, I think the Taste lynch is probably the best idea. Either he is scum or a disengaged townie and neither of those are good for town.

you know what's worse than a disengaged town

advocating lynching someone you recognize as likely disengaged town over viable scum candidates

I'm sorry I have other things to do!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If you actually thought I was scum, you wouldn't have forgotten about me for the majority of your day's posting

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

TMMadman posted:

What? I haven't forgotten about you. My vote is already on you and you haven't been posting poo poo.

You've been slobbering all over hoping someone takes you seriously on one of your tenuous cases

SirSamVimes posted:

You have said literally nothing of substance since I made my post, so I have nothing more to say.

I wasn't talking to you, don't be so self-important op :colbert:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Assault Rifle

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Is that your final answer

yes :confused:

TMMadman posted:

Except that I am following SSVs case on you right now and not one of my own. So clearly you aren't really reading the thread.

I've already explained that my attack on BK was fake in order to get reactions and draw votes.

You know what though, if everything else had stayed the same, but BK voted for me first, you would be the second vote on me. Hmm...maybe the 2nd vote on me after an omgus vote is true, but I just didn't get the omgus vote, so instead it's the first vote on me that's the scum.

lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Evil Sagan posted:

##shoot Horsebanger

what why no ugh

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Horsebanger posted:

:ghost:

Thanks guys, it was fun! Sorry Captain Foo for ruining things, I posted a couple of times during whilst the hammer was being dropped but yeah, my bad. I had a lot of fun though!

GOOD LUCK COMMANDER.

Don't sweat it dude

Hope to see you again!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

guys can we not give out role information for no loving reason?

Scum objection spotted

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sagan clearly isn't scum, I view any votes on him as an affront on logic

Vimes and madman most likely are both unless they're just illogical hyper players

The last scum is probably someone like Winson or KB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

TMMadman posted:

You know why else bothers me about this post? The first sentence.

Despite all our questions and suspicions, nobody has voted for Sagan. So why even bring it up?

"why are you commenting on something that's become a recurring narrative as if the game will continue past this very instant"

• Locked thread