Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
yes yes yes yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

No no no NO!

From now on I am going to find every game you're in and target you :v:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Game is full? Don't need to even wait for my role pm I know my d1 ##vote madman

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Did that fps xcom game ever come out? I remember hearing about it then nothing ever again

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh Also confirming

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

drat it, boredom and some credit in my steam wallet means I've bought a full price game like a sucker.

I hate you now BottleKnight.

##vote Bottleknight

TMMadman posted:

Well now that it's official.

##vote Kashuno

drat hedging your vote already pretty scummy imo ##vote madman

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

Are you talking about XCOM Declassified? That game was pretty bad but worth a rental.

drat didn't even know it ever actually came out. I remember it got delayed, I assumed just cancelled after that. Maybe I'll play it for fun

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Winson_Paine posted:

Confirming. Sup folks?

Please give your opinions of XCOM

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Met posted:

You guys are wrong but it doesn't stress me out that much. Go for it.

I've never seen town make a post like this. ##vote met

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't really buy the scumslip argument but your response to it has been pretty weak and scummy overall.

Met posted:

You guys are wrong but it doesn't stress me out that much. Go for it.

This is a very typical scum response to try and act like they don't have a vested interest in surviving like scum would. Furthermore, not caring after such a small timeframe is not very town-friendly at all; you didn't attempt to defend yourself at all and seemed to just accept yourself as the lynchee without a care in the world. Pretty weak imo.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##unvote

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Just to keep away from the early hammer. Sagan's vote put him at -1 and we have 30+ hours til d1 deadline.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

Lmao, if you want to make a case on me there's still time Met!

I don't like this post. It reeks of condescension and cockiness from a scumbo who has a townie on the ropes.

That said,

Met posted:

Don't get too comfortable.

This is a really bad response and it's concerning how little effort Met is putting in to this

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Met, is anyone else pinging you as a result of the train on you?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Winson_Paine posted:

I hate day one more than anything else about Mafia

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

Neither does you handwaving something a lot of people in this thread have interpreted as a scumslip.

Taste, I'd like to hear more from you on this matter. Really I'd like to hear more from everyone about this game, it's still kind of slow.

I agree with you about hammering, Met. So let's not make that a concern yet. ##unvote I still have every intention to vote for you though.

This is a really weird post. Calls Met out for failing to adequately defend himself, but then is backtracking on his up-to-now serious pressure on Met. All of a sudden he wants TT to elaborate on his reasoning which is pretty self explanatory, and then unvotes while Met isn't in immediate lynch range but saying he's going to stick with his vote.

This is really hedgy

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Ehhh, I don't agree. This reads pretty clear to me. Met was at -2, so he backed off until later in the day. This is similar to my own lack of vote which I said is on Met currently. The only thing I'll give you is that the Taste call out seems oddly out of place since Taste wasn't in the conversation recently and he wasn't quoting a post talking about Taste or anything.

The difference between you and BK is that you haven't been going in pretty hard on Met this whole time. Met was at -2 for a while earlier and at -2 for a while now, why choose now to be the time to back off from it?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

Like, I still want to lunch Met. Do you think we should just turbo him now Kashuno? Is there nothing else to be gained from this day? Is the only motivation I could have to wait until deadline is to hedge?

This makes no sense as I unvoted to take him away from being -1

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
To add to that; I think t would be a different story and he was at -1. -2 isn't an immediate lunch threat and I would've thought with amount of pressure you've been putting on him, you would have no problem leaving him in the red zone but not in immediate danger

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote met

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure we are setting up for a chain lynch if Met flips town.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, I had to look up EKALT yesterday because I never got the expansion pack either.

I think you're mixing EXAKT and EXALT :v:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BK. Might calm down depending on the rest of d1, but I could see a lot of the people who hopped on the Met train turning around on BK if Met flips town.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'd spec 2 EXALT, 1 3P

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Anyone getting a ping outside of the met/bk thing that happened? I'm not really sure who else to look at but I feel like I should give things a re-read since we're under 12 hours.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I agree with somber. 5 til, and no one is even showing up on anyone's radar as a lunch according to the vote count. He's already at -2, this could seriously end any time. If he's got a claim to make, now is the time

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

And yet you kept telling me I was rolefishing in the Restrictive Diet game.

I don't like the Met dunk right now. It's primarily based off a supposed scum slip combined with Mets defense of the issue. It feels really rushed and nobody at all seems to be interested in doing anything other than lynching Met.

For example, nobody bothered to jump on this post:

Which mentions aliens and was posted hours before Met asked about aliens.

Okay so let's go down this post

Other mafia game was other mafia game. It's okay for his option to change over the last couple weeks.
You haven't really suggested a different target. It's d1, cases are always going to be relatively weak and a bit of a rush. Grandi's post isn't the same as Met's and I find it really sus you're comparing the two. XCOM has aliens, in general.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The slip wasn't when people hopped on Met; his response to the situation is what garnered votes

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SirSamVimes posted:

I dislike how Met seems to be bouncing around and tentatively dropping on accusations on a bunch of different people hoping one will stick and draw suspicion off him. He's accused me, Bottleknight and TMM now.

I disagree here. If town, the best thing he can do is cast suspicion on people he is wary of because he most likely isn't living through d1. That way, on d2 based on his flip and night actions, we can examine the people he called out more intensely.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I didn't get much sleep last night so I'm calling it an early one folks.

And stay safe Winson!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

This is just a horrible response. You took a perceived scum slip and then just rammed it home without even considering anything else. You completely tunneled on Met and wouldn't move off it for any reason.

##vote BottleKnight

CH-CH-CH-CH-CHAIN LYYYYYYNCHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So before I go reading over this thread hardcore, what is going on with TT. No content votes twice now, not adding much when asked to expand on it. Feels like he's picking players who are making a bad case for themselves and just throwing his vote there without much else. P scummy

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Nope not buying it. You are scum and town should just turbo you into the sun right now.

TMMadman posted:

Except that I'm tunneling on scum. ;)
The bottom line here is that you tunneled on Met and didn't want to bother looking anywhere else despite all your talk.

Are you serious right now?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think it's player dependent as I've seen both.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Madman please address you being mad at BK for tunneling and your dislike of turboing, and then you literally admitting you're wanting to turbo and tunnel

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Battletoads coming to Killer Instinct

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Winson_Paine posted:

If FORCED to pick a three man scumteam right now, to offer something of my own, I like TT or BK (I think it is one or the other, not both. Them having at it doesn't feel like a townie fight to me), Vimes, and either Sombrero or Horsebanger. That last is just GUT INSTINCT, however.

Did I miss something here?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

Says my post is scummy, hedgy, etc. While I'm pushing Met hard.

BottleKnight posted:

Neither does you handwaving something a lot of people in this thread have interpreted as a scumslip.

Taste, I'd like to hear more from you on this matter. Really I'd like to hear more from everyone about this game, it's still kind of slow.

I agree with you about hammering, Met. So let's not make that a concern yet. ##unvote I still have every intention to vote for you though.

too busy to give a full rebuttal, but for the moment: I don't consider that going at him hard. This is the post I quoted.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

quote:

TMM I did that reread and I think I found a scum.

Says Met's posts are scummy. Never buys slip argument.

[quote]

I don't see the issue here? I didn't think the slip was a good reason to go for it (which now in hindsight was the right choice), but his absolutely weak responses that amounted "meh, idc" up to that point were not a typical town response in my experience.

[quote]
Then for the rest of D1 only talks about what happens if Met flips town.

I'm not sure how you get this opinion considering my posts that you quote are part of a conversation with other players.

quote:

He even talks about how he doesn't have any alternatives, and laments this lack. Never looks anywhere else, just talks about setup spec and what happens if Met flipped town.

Hi, I suck at making cases d1 and having an idea what to look for. I asked for other players to give me their opinion because I know I have a hard time casing people d1.

quote:

Then he ends up just voting Met and leaving early. Which, to be fair, on its own, is not scummy. It's just furthering this narrative.

I just don't like how he talks about how he doesn't buy the slip argument at all, it's only what happens after the slip. For me, both were important, but to never even talk about what he thinks happened with the slip?

It sounds like he just saw an easy target, and tried to be completely unoffensive otherwise so as to avoid suspicion. ##vote kashuno

I don't get this. I don't buy the slip, and it's weird to you that I don't waste time on something I don't think is important?

quote:

Lastly, this:
is an interaction with zero content. Could easily see Kash and sam as scumbuddies.

I don't see how me saying this to sam at all points to us being scumbros. That's a hell of a stretch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
BK I'm getting seriously confused now.

BottleKnight posted:

this post was weird to me because this post was not going in hard on him. Isn't this what we are discussing?

• Locked thread