Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yay, my other game ended just in time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Confirming.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I should load this up and play. It's been months.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BottleKnight posted:

Did you (or anybody) play Massive Chalice? It kind of scratched that itch for me recently.

Yes, I really enjoyed it. I wish it was a bigger budget game though. Would have been great if there was a bit more of it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm kind of disillusioned with Telltale since playing Broken Age, so I kind of passed over Massive Chalice. Is it much good?

I enjoyed it quite a bit, but some people didn't. It is probably worth reading reviews to see if the negatives they mentioned are things that bother you. The important thing to remember is it is not a big budget title like XCOM.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Horsebanger posted:

Confirming.

Has anyone played Xenonauts, I kind of like it...

I kickstarted it. Even have my name/face in the game somewhere. But I still haven't had the time to play it. Eventually!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, that seems like a pretty clear slip. Not going to bother hopping on at this point since he is already at -3, but consider my vote there.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BottleKnight posted:

Like we're not even using a meta read on you, Met. You're the only one invoking meta.

The main thing I'm looking at you for is what Grandi pointed out, the dissonance between this

and this

Well, you voted him before that discrepancy actually. Are you saying that you've shifted to this as your primary reason?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tremendous Taste posted:

I mean, it ought to be clear how I feel. I think it's a scum/3p slip and I don't like the way he responded to it.

It's not an airtight multipost case but so it goes, it's D1.

This is where I'm at still.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

This is a really weird post. Calls Met out for failing to adequately defend himself, but then is backtracking on his up-to-now serious pressure on Met. All of a sudden he wants TT to elaborate on his reasoning which is pretty self explanatory, and then unvotes while Met isn't in immediate lynch range but saying he's going to stick with his vote.

This is really hedgy

Ehhh, I don't agree. This reads pretty clear to me. Met was at -2, so he backed off until later in the day. This is similar to my own lack of vote which I said is on Met currently. The only thing I'll give you is that the Taste call out seems oddly out of place since Taste wasn't in the conversation recently and he wasn't quoting a post talking about Taste or anything.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

The difference between you and BK is that you haven't been going in pretty hard on Met this whole time. Met was at -2 for a while earlier and at -2 for a while now, why choose now to be the time to back off from it?

Hmmm, fair point.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

I'm not sure, but I think it's weird that one post mentioning aliens gets passed over but Met doesn't just because his is phrased as a question and the other is phrased as a statement.

They are about totally different things. I can't believe you are even making a thing of this. Grandi was talking about the video game. Met was talking about this game of Mafia. Obviously one of those is important.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Yes because nobody has ever slipped a claim into a seemingly innocuous post before. :rolleyes:

Ah, interesting. So your point is that was some kind of breadcrumb? If so, can you tell me what you think the motivation would be?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Same motivation as everyone thinks Met has coming in and directly asking if the bad guys are EXALT or Aliens. Bragging or taunting or whatever.

This is so weird. Who has been saying anything like that? I think anyone who thinks Met is scum believes that he slipped. IE, he came in and tried to start an innocuous conversation that he could contribute to and he did it without realizing that everyone had gotten that information already in the OP and in their PMs. It is an easy slip to make since if he is scum he may not have gotten a copy of the same info in his PM that we got.

Which posts made you think people were voting him for taunting/bragging?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

And again, I find it basically completely implausible for Met to come in and make a slip that loving big. He'd basically have to be a drooling moron to come in and ask a direct question like that if he was scum/3p.

Do you really think that Met is a drooling moron?

I don't think Opop is a drooling moron and he made a similar slip in another game. It's easy to make silly mistakes when you aren't paying a lot of attention.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

[Same motivation as everyone thinks Met has coming in and directly asking if the bad guys are EXALT or Aliens. Bragging or taunting or whatever.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

I don't think Met is taunting/bragging, nor do I think people are are voting him for taunting/bragging so please stop trying to put words in my mouth.

I just flat out disagree that it's a slip. Maybe I'm dead wrong and if so I'll find out whenever Met actually does flip, but in the mean time, I find the people pushing on Met so hard to be more suspect than Met and his so called slip.

Given the quote I just posted from you. Please enlighten me. I didn't think I was putting words in your mouth. I'm confused.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

And notice the 'whatever'. It implies there could be lots of other reasons that I didn't name.

You were asking me what motivation Grandicap had to come in and make his confirmation post complete with alien reference.

So you used a reason as an example that you didn't think anyone was actually using or voting anyone for? Like, am I just parsing your statement wrong?

The reason I'm focusing on this is because I feel like you are making poo poo up to make our arguments for voting met seem ridiculous. (or from your perspective, more ridiculous then they are)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Gonna do bedtime ritual stuff with my kid now, but I'll be around for the hour-ish before deadline.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Around now if anyone wants to chat.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Met posted:

Sure. Tracker.

Your soft claiming made me think you were going to claim something far better than that.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Met posted:

Pretty strong role. Were you expecting bulletproof cop?

I dunno. My last few games the Tracker has been useless due to other role shenanigans/bad choices. This is a role heavy game, I guess I'm kind of let down based on this lead up:

Met posted:

...but I actually have a power role that I think is a little too important to throw away for the town just to spite poo poo...

Maybe I've been playing too much role madness/CYOR.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Met posted:

"Trackers aren't useful. Lynch him."

If you are attributing that to me, that is pretty disingenuous.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Met posted:

If it helps my ability is called "Hyper Active Pupils" and my armament is an Assault Rifle. I don't know the relevance of the latter. It was tacked onto the end of my role PM.

That makes me believe you more, yes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ah ok.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BottleKnight posted:

nah I think Met could easily be a scum tracker. I don't know why I didn't think of it before but I just don't believe his claim, there's too much.

There's too much what? Can you expand on that?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Interesting. I feel like you are doing all the same things today, that you didn't like Bottle doing yesterday, Madman.

This combo in particular is super amusing:

TMMadman posted:

This is just a horrible response. [You took a perceived scum slip and then just rammed it home without even considering anything else. You completely tunneled on Met and wouldn't move off it for any reason.

##vote BottleKnight

TMMadman posted:

You can try to discredit my vote all you want, but it's not gonna move.

Your actions regarding Met are suspect as hell and then to top it off as soon as he claimed you went 'Nope, don't believe it."

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Taste, what's up? Why so quiet?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm having a real hard time seeing someone jumping on a slip like that day 1 and riding it to the bitter end as a scum thing. Scum would have to know that Met wasn't on their team and would play towards that, no? I'm actually leaning town on BK after the way D1 played out.

I'll reread tomorrow and see how it looks in light of the flips.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I think Vines is scum. These post combos are what are twigging me:

First up, we've talked about this one before, but here we go again:

Met posted:

So are EXALT or Aliens the bad guys here?

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm guessing EXALT are scum and also possibly alien-aligned 3p.

So first he doesn't have a real problem with what Met is saying, then after Taste, BK and Grandi all jump on Met:

SirSamVimes posted:

##vote Met

I have no idea why he'd have no clue who the bad guys are.

To me this looks like an easy bandwagon vote after momentum was building, since he was there at the very start and didn't think anything of it. Then, after Taste and Winson both vote for Madman:

SirSamVimes posted:

That can't be a serious vote. In fact, it pings me hard because you can push with it or write it off as a joke. ##vote TMM

But the thing that made me look back at his post history more closesly was the post he made next:

SirSamVimes posted:

I can't quote posts right now beacuse weird internet issues but Taste is giving me scumvibes and I'll do a proper effort read when I get home.

This came right after BK and Somber brought up Taste as scum and his last post an hour before was his Madman vote. I don't know what to call this exactly, but it just feels really bad to me. Like he's trying to float by on whatever the thread consensus is.

##vote SirSamVimes

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SirSamVimes posted:

Also I am going to full claim because people are starting to case me and I cannot imagine how I can make any pro-town use of my role. I'm a town-aligned lynchbomb, my flavour is needle grenade. I was pretty annoyed when I read that because I don't even have the benefit of taking down nightkillers like I did the last time I was a bomb. :(

Scum hammer people all the time, so if you were really town, you could have caught a scum with your claimed ability quite handily. I think it is more likely this is a really weird gambit to confuse people into not voting you, because yeah, it doesn't make much sense to do it this way as scum either.

I'm sticking with my read of you.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Horsebanger posted:

Actually I'd rather Bottleknight and Burgundy weigh in on this more but I'm going to leave my vote. Still got a while until the deadline anyway.

What did you want me to weigh in on? Taste?

He's acting really weird this game. But I'm not sure that I'm willing to call him scum for it yet. The problem is, the last few games I've been in with him, he's been super active regardless of alignment. Heck, I almost want to say he's extra try hard when he's bad. So I'm not really thinking of it as an alignment thing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Green Intern posted:

I think that his initial humoring of Mets' Exalt/Alien question, followed by jumping on the vote train once the weirdness of the question was pointed out seems scummy. King Burgundy's line of reasoning makes sense to me.

The lynchbomb claim kind of throws a bit of a wrench into things. This being a flavor heavy game, though, I can envision a scum or 3p lynchbomb.

If he is really a lynchbomb, I can't see him claiming it in combination with saying he'll self hammer as scum or 3p. It just doesn't make any sense. Like, it doesn't make sense the way he claimed it if he's town either, but it makes even LESS sense as scum or 3p.

To me, the options at this point are: He's lying scum and not really a lynchbomb. He's a town lynchbomb. Right now I'm still leaning to the first. He's scum, he panicked and went for the weird claim and promise to self hammer as a gambit to look towny.

If you actually believe he's a lynchbomb, I'd say don't vote for him at this point.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tremendous Taste posted:

you know what's worse than a disengaged town

advocating lynching someone you recognize as likely disengaged town over viable scum candidates

I'm sorry I have other things to do!

The deadline is at a really weird time tomorrow and only 17 hours away at this point. If you really plan to become more engaged, you are running out of time.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BottleKnight posted:

I believe he's a lynchbomb both because of the game and because of his flavor, actually. Needle grenade was a new thing added in Enemy Within. I don't think that claim is totally fabricated.

My first thought, before I remembered the flavor, is that he was an alien and he would kill whatever soldier hammered him. But the flavor is something to consider to me and I really don't know.

I just read him as scum.

Well yeah, me too. But what is your theory for why he would make that claim, if he's telling the truth about it, as scum? Like it would be different if he hadn't offered to hammer himself, but he did. Are you just thinking he'll not actually go through with it and force someone else to do it?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

KB what is your weapon please

I'm really not sure how I feel about this. I can't see how it is tied to anything in my role, but I'd hate to make myself a target for scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I feel like I want to blame Kashuno for what just happened. But I guess I'll wait to hear Sagan's reasoning to confirm that.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Evil Sagan posted:

To answer your question from earlier, my weapon is an LMG.

So you are the highlander?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Honestly, I also kind of want to blame Kashuno for what happened. Or at the very least give the actual reason for wanting to know about the guns.

Yeah, reason was slightly different than I thought it was going to be. I assumed Sagan was just literally pulling a duck, duck, goose and shooting the first non assault rifle, which would clearly be on Kashuno's head.

It still lead to this though. So he hopefully had a good reason for this nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Evil Sagan posted:

I wonder who might be lying about which weapon they have... and why.

You think someone is lying about their weapon?

• Locked thread