Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

gardenald posted:

Booooo (okay, okay, I understand)

New Rule! New Rule!
I hope QB-sempai notices me :swoon:

Recieving targets are worth 100 points each

If only Kelvin Benjamen wasn't on IR... Mad targets, mad drops, mad points.

Also, I have to say this league is very negative. I have 0 players (besides def/k/p etc) projected for positive points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005
NEW RULE!! NEW RULE!!

The best defense is a good offense.

The D/ST slot is eliminated.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
NEW RULE! NEW RULE!

Women should always wear tight clothes and men should always carry powerful handguns.

Activate the TE slot!

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Noodles - Set your line up so i can see how much I'm going to lose by. Thank you.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Yoshifan823 posted:

NEW RULE!!! NEW RULE!!!

You know what's a funny word? punt

Everyone starts two punters now.

Uh wait, can two slots be activated at once? I only ask because the explanation Anubis gave me week 1 led me to believe that only one slot could be activated or deactivated per player in any given week.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Anubis posted:

Yep, and you can turn positions on as well. That's why the espn roster has 2 QB slots, 4RB slots, ect even though we start with the standard 1QB/2RB/2WR/1Flex/1TE/1Def/1K. ESPN won't let me adjust the official roster slots mid season, so we make the league with a ton of slots and then everyone just leaves slots empty as needed.

I mean someone is going to have to turn on punters and head coaches before they can be used. Remember that you can only add 1 or subtract 1 to a roster spot though. And you can't counteract (though you can pile on) to another players rule for the same week. So, for this week you couldn't try to use your rule to turn on a TE slot because I already turned one off this week. However if someone turned on the 3rd RB slot someone else could also turn on the 4th RB slot in the same week.

Understand?

This post is what I refer to - He says only one spot per week can be opened by each individual player, so one person can't open two punter slots from zero?

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

Fenrir posted:

Uh wait, can two slots be activated at once? I only ask because the explanation Anubis gave me week 1 led me to believe that only one slot could be activated or deactivated per player in any given week.

That's a good question, last season we played pretty loose with what you could do with new rule, but things seem to be a little stricter now. What's the ruling commish?

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe
I'll use my rule to open the 2nd punter, but yeah. 1 slot per person per week.

NEW RULE NEW RULE
Use both punters!

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

Fun Shoe
Here's your week 2 rosters:

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
FLEX
K
K
P
P
HC

And make sure you play someone from the night games so that your roster is valid for the Calvinball!

Edited to correct. Thanks

Anubis fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Sep 17, 2015

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Anubis posted:

Here's your week 2 rosters:

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
FLEX
K
P
P
HC

And make sure you play someone from the Sunday night games so that your roster is valid for the Calvinball!

I think you skipped my post. I opened up the 2nd kicker spot. e: also just for clarification, fcs' Calvinball rule says MNF, TNF, or SNF games are valid

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Sep 17, 2015

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

Fun Shoe
Oh and just to be clear, as long as you have 2 non injured starter punters on your team that aren't on bye, you are fine. I'm not going to penalize you if a team somehow doesn't punt all game.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Anubis posted:

Oh and just to be clear, as long as you have 2 non injured starter punters on your team that aren't on bye, you are fine. I'm not going to penalize you if a team somehow doesn't punt all game.

I have Rivers and Jameis on my bench, and I picked up Shaun Hill on the Vikings to be my starting QB (even though he's not his team's starter), is that kosher or do I need to start rivers or winston?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

JPrime posted:

I have Rivers and Jameis on my bench, and I picked up Shaun Hill on the Vikings to be my starting QB (even though he's not his team's starter), is that kosher or do I need to start rivers or winston?

To counter your BS, I've went and picked up Luke McCown. :getin: and calvinball like a man.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

JPrime posted:

They would need to play a snap. you can gamble that there is a trick play for shaun hill but if he doesn't play we will insert the most negative QB into your lineup

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

They would need to play a snap. you can gamble that there is a trick play for shaun hill but if he doesn't play we will insert the most negative QB into your lineup

Both are the kick holders for our respective teams. What's the call on that?

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Both are the kick holders for our respective teams. What's the call on that?

Any snaps are fine. If your opponent is playing someone you're suspicious of, look them up here and if they played zero snaps squeal on them.

For wk 1, mccown would have been fine while we would have thrown the book at anyone who started hill

Also - don't start injured players and expect us to fix your lineup. we will only tinker with a team if it HURTS YOU, and we'll only find out about it if the opposing manager tattles

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Any snaps are fine. If your opponent is playing someone you're suspicious of, look them up here and if they played zero snaps squeal on them.

For wk 1, mccown would have been fine while we would have thrown the book at anyone who started hill

Also - don't start injured players and expect us to fix your lineup. we will only tinker with a team if it HURTS YOU, and we'll only find out about it if the opposing manager tattles

I'm just here to Start Qbs who hold kicks and Win fantasy games... and I'm all out of fantasy games :dukedog:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I just rushed to the league page and shouted gently caress because Joe Webb was already taken.

God I love this league.

Ninja Edit: Z. Mettenberger gonna carry me to not negative points. :hellyeah:

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

OxySnake posted:

I just rushed to the league page and shouted gently caress because Joe Webb was already taken.

God I love this league.

Hell I wish I'd thought of this. I just gotta hope Eli sucks again, I guess.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Also if I'm not mistaken, the holder for Blair Walsh on the Vikings isn't Shaun Hill it's Jeff Locke :science:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

OxySnake posted:

Also if I'm not mistaken, the holder for Blair Walsh on the Vikings isn't Shaun Hill it's Jeff Locke :science:

Yea I kinda realized after the fact that it's not always the 2nd QB that holds, it's the punter lots of times. :negative:

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

It looks like Chase Daniel, Mike Glennon, and Mark Sanchez are backup kickholders if anyone wants to really gamble with their roster

Me, I'm not risking it.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

OxySnake posted:

God I love this league.

If you're not fixing your roster at work for calvinball. YOU (not me) have problems.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Marshmallow Blue posted:

If you're not fixing your roster at work for calvinball. YOU (not me) have problems.

Don't worry I wasn't at work, I was at home.

My roommate gave me a stare and asked why I yelled. I told him and he stared more.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

peyton is looking like a solid play in this league

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

old dog child posted:

peyton is looking like a solid play in this league

Yeah the -10,000 score would have really helped me win.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I obviously said that when he was playing like poo poo

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

old dog child posted:

I obviously said that when he was playing like poo poo

Until next week when Qbs become lords of scoring.

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

Fun Shoe
Uck, self violation reporting here. I forgot a 2nd kicker which should give me Succop for -160. However, my opponent played a defense (-3996) and no TE, so hopefully someone out there got negative points on that. If Joe Webb didn't get any snaps I'll pull one out but I think he did.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm Telling!!!

My opponent started Zach Mettenberger and he didn't do a thing on Sunday. He needs that sweet sweet -8000 points on his total.

Also, I didn't start a Tight End, but since there's nothing worse than a 0 in that category, my dumbness is punishment enough.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
NEW RULE! NEW RULE!
Rise Batman Quarterbacks Rise Rise Rise

All QB Scoring is now 25 points!
INT Thrown 25pts
points per yard 25 pts

any other QB specific stuff I'm not thinkign of 25 points each.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

New Rule! New Rule!
A second QB has hit the field

Open up the second QB slot

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
NEW RULE! NEW RULE!

WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY A GAME

Head Coaches now get 4000 points for a win, and -7500 points for a loss. You may choose not to play a Head Coach.

(more for a loss because they still get points for points scored, and I'm trying to offset that. Otherwise everyone would play one anyways, I want to make it a real decision)

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Week 2 Scores

Standings
2-0 Baldrash - Building Character
2-0 Aredna - It's a Magical League, Hobbes
2-0 Marshmallow Blue - All QBs are Just Sacked
1-1 Fenrir - The Endzone is Lava
1-1 JPrime - The Noodle Incidents
1-1 gardenald - "Y" as in "Y do we care?"
1-1 KalenSC - A Philistine on the Sidewalk
0-2 old dog child- Kaepernick Caepadick
---
0-1 Anubis - A Nauseous Nocturne*
0-1 Fight Club Sandwich - Snowgoon House of Horror*
0-1 Yoshifan823 - Mark Sanchez Passes Go Boink*
0-1 OxySnake - Hill and Bernard IRL*

*Since there are some potential roster violations, we'll until after Football Outsiders updates snap counts to update standings for these teams and announce the Calvin Ball Holder

I'm also discussing with Anubis the application of roster violations: we've shot from the hip in previous seasons but thinking about ways to be less caprcious

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

God damnit I forgot Marita got benched week 1 and Meet took his snaps. I though he was the place holder. Hit me with a -9736 points.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

NEW RULE! NEW RULE!

Catching is the best part of football

All receptions are worth 5 points

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
New Rule!
it doesn't matter whether you win or lose, etc...

Unless previously specified for this week, all TDs are 0 points.

if this rule is not allowed i'll change it

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Anubis posted:

Uck, self violation reporting here. I forgot a 2nd kicker which should give me Succop for -160. However, my opponent played a defense (-3996) and no TE, so hopefully someone out there got negative points on that. If Joe Webb didn't get any snaps I'll pull one out but I think he did.

Yoshifan823 posted:

I'm Telling!!!

My opponent started Zach Mettenberger and he didn't do a thing on Sunday. He needs that sweet sweet -8000 points on his total.

Also, I didn't start a Tight End, but since there's nothing worse than a 0 in that category, my dumbness is punishment enough.

Snowgoon house of horror will not be penalized for starting Joe Webb while Hill and Bernard IRL will be penalized for starting Zack Mettenberger

I discussed with anubis and :siren: for this week and all future roster violations, we will replace the offending player with the most negative player on anyone's roster (adjustment C in the above screenshot) :siren: Our rationale is that (1) it's easier to see negative players on rosters while we might miss a negative player in FA and (2) rostered players will be higher usage and therefore tend to be more damaging when negative points are involved.

Since Joe Webb is legal, Snowgoon House of Horror (11,989) will win over A Nauseous Nocturne (4,643)
Since Mettenberger is a violation, Mark Sanchez Passes Go Boink (8,332) will win over Hill and Bernard IRL (-7,100)

Standings
2-0 Baldrash - Building Character
2-0 Aredna - It's a Magical League, Hobbes
2-0 Marshmallow Blue - All QBs are Just Sacked
---
1-1 Fenrir - The Endzone is Lava
1-1 JPrime - The Noodle Incidents
1-1 gardenald - "Y" as in "Y do we care?"
1-1 KalenSC - A Philistine on the Sidewalk
1-1 Fight Club Sandwich - Snowgoon House of Horror
1-1 Yoshifan823 - Mark Sanchez Passes Go Boink
---
0-2 old dog child- Kaepernick Caepadick
0-2 Anubis - A Nauseous Nocturne
0-2 OxySnake - Hill and Bernard IRL

For Week 3, OxySnake has the Calvin Ball

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Yoshifan823 posted:

NEW RULE! NEW RULE!

WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY A GAME

Head Coaches now get 4000 points for a win, and -7500 points for a loss. You may choose not to play a Head Coach.

(more for a loss because they still get points for points scored, and I'm trying to offset that. Otherwise everyone would play one anyways, I want to make it a real decision)

the point limit is 1000 pts per category

I've put in for now as 400/win and -750/loss but let me know what you want to do

Marshmallow Blue posted:

NEW RULE! NEW RULE!
Rise Batman Quarterbacks Rise Rise Rise

All QB Scoring is now 25 points!
INT Thrown 25pts
points per yard 25 pts

any other QB specific stuff I'm not thinkign of 25 points each.

all categories seen below

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

the point limit is 1000 pts per category

I've put in for now as 400/win and -750/loss but let me know what you want to do

That's fine. I cranked those up because there's only one per week, but limits are limits.

• Locked thread