Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm back in! I'm good for Sunday draft ideally, Saturday only if necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm so glad people keep giving Mark Sanchez chances in this league so I don't have to change my name.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
NEW RULE! NEW RULE!

Pumped Up Kicks

It's not commonly known, but kickers are actually the most selfish players in the game, and love getting all the glory for themselves.

For each FG attempted, you get 200 points, but for each PAT attempted, you lose 100. Because you're terrible, you selfish kicker you.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

HC scoring was intended to counterbalance DST scoring but I may have overshot

Well then, go Ravens!

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
NEW RULE!!! NEW RULE!!!

You know what's a funny word? punt

Everyone starts two punters now.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm Telling!!!

My opponent started Zach Mettenberger and he didn't do a thing on Sunday. He needs that sweet sweet -8000 points on his total.

Also, I didn't start a Tight End, but since there's nothing worse than a 0 in that category, my dumbness is punishment enough.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
NEW RULE! NEW RULE!

WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY A GAME

Head Coaches now get 4000 points for a win, and -7500 points for a loss. You may choose not to play a Head Coach.

(more for a loss because they still get points for points scored, and I'm trying to offset that. Otherwise everyone would play one anyways, I want to make it a real decision)

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

the point limit is 1000 pts per category

I've put in for now as 400/win and -750/loss but let me know what you want to do

That's fine. I cranked those up because there's only one per week, but limits are limits.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Bad News: I forgot to start a second QB.
Good News: I realized that before the rest of the games had started.
Bad News: I had to pick up Jimmy Clausen.
Good News: I'm starting two quarterbacks now!
Bad News: One of them is Jimmy Clausen.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
NEW RULE! NEW RULE!
Embrace Literalism

All point scoring plays are worth what they're worth in an actual game. (Safeties worth 2, FGs worth 3, TDs worth 6, Points scored for Head Coach are one per)

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
NEW RULE! NEW RULE!

Gimme gimme gimme

Forced Fumbles are worth -90 points, but recovering them is worth 180. So if you make them drop it, you'd better pick it up!

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Anubis posted:

I already see one person getting smacked with a calvinball. No Thursday or Monday night players!

*Insert swear words here because I'm a big ol' dummy*

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
NEW RULE! NEW RULE!
Relay race

Add another running back to the lineup.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JPrime posted:

so is there no calvinball rule this week? Thursday games really screw over leagues like this :D

This is my dumb fault. I completely spaced until just now, and of course it's the week I get the Calvinball.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently being put on Mark Sanchez Passes Go Boink is a curse if you're a running back. I'm already down Jamaal Charles, and now Foster getting injured this week has me concerned.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
NEW RULE! NEW RULE!!!
Block-head

Add a Tight End to the lineup.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Aredna posted:

My rule.... may have been a HUGE mistake given the Calvinball rule.

Unless I'm missing someone... there are 0 QBs on waiver right now I can pick up to fill in my 2nd spot and reasonably expect to touch the ball. For now I've put in Mettenberger on the off chance that Mariota misses again.

If someone has a suggested player I'm all ears!

I have suggested a player for you, and for the low low cost of Martavis Bryant and Bort Bort.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Aredna posted:

It's the thought that counts I suppose, but I think I'll take my chances of a penalty over giving them up for Cousins!

I told you you could have Teddy if you wanted. :colbert:

edit: Fun fact, apparently with the current rules, Cousins has a higher point total than my two starters this week, Cam Newton and Carson Palmer.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm happy to trade Teddy Bridgewater or Kirk Cousins to anyone who needs a QB, just shoot me an offer.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
NEW RULE NEW RULE!!!
All My Guys Are Injured gently caress You

Remove one Flex slot.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
NEW RULE! NEW RULE!
Football shuffleboard

Every Punt within the 20 yard line is worth 800 points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Teemu Pokemon posted:

This is going to be the 4th year that I want to be in this league and won't be :( This is literally the only fantasy football league in the world I care about and I just got promoted in goontier after years of 7th place finishes

If you're just looking for a space, you can have mine. I always peter out towards the end, especially with the rules making, and I'd rather see someone super excited about it be in there. It's a lot of fun, but for whatever reason, it's just not for me.

• Locked thread