Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
I'm absolutely back in for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

Anubis posted:

Ok, when are people who are already confirmed available for the draft? I think the most obvious days would be 29th, 30th, 5th or 6th. Any of those in the afternoons (CST) would likely work for me so start chiming in with days and afternoon/evening choices. It's usually a really quick draft, even though it's a lot of players. New confirmed people, start sending me email addresses.

Any of those works for me as long as we're talking late afternoon/early evening, like after 5 pm eastern, or I could do during the day on the 5th

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

shortspecialbus posted:

Can someone link to last year's thread? This sounds amazing and I want to see how it played out, but it's a pain to find it on mobile.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3653783

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Confirming that I'm "Y" as in "Y do we care?"

e: Are we going to expand the playoffs to 4 teams this year?

e2: Or more? :getin:

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Aredna posted:

12 team league, 16 team playoffs

Week 1: Regular season begins, ends
Week 2: Playoffs begin

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Thanks. to add onto this, the commissioners are really lazy and wont accept any rules that require us to do any math or anything that can't be implemented in ESPN

Which ruined more than one rule idea I had last year

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Anubis posted:

Yeah we tried keeping it more open, once upon a time, and it was just too much of a giant pain.

I'll try, after the weekly rules are finalized, to give a little post every week with the roster you are required to fill out. Remember, just because it looks like playing a QB is going to hurt you doesn't mean you get to leave active roster slots open. And all your players need to see at least 1 snap so no picking up the 3rd string QB.

And for those who haven't played before, we keep track of standings by hand because when you change scoring rules it affects all the previous game that have been played. So we always screenshot on Tuesday morning and keep track that way.

If I come up with an irritatingly mathy rule (like something modifying the scores after the week is over), but promise to do the work for it, can I make that rule?

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

NEW RULE! NEW RULE!

gently caress it, I'm going deep!

All yards in the air (passing and receiving) are worth 8 points per yard

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Man I knew I should've gone with 85 instead of 8 for my passing yards rule

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

kalensc posted:

So if I enable coaching now, that would make FCS' rule be useful this week yea?

Yep! FCS' rule is in effect, it's just there are no HC spots to use, and you can open up the HC spot with a rule change

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

kalensc posted:

Man, I got it all wrong in terms of which of Pitt and Seattle would put up more points. Left thousands (or less bad negative thousands) on my bench. :v:

I hate when I leave 5000 points on my bench because I guessed wrong on D/ST

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

New Rule! New Rule!
Golf Rules

Lowest score wins the matchup!

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Anubis posted:

Disallowed. We actually do allow this rule but since it's "special" (ie: not a espn rule change) we only accept it as the Calvinball. Feel free to tank this week to do it next week, though! Also, you get your rule back so go ahead and make a new one if you want.

Booooo (okay, okay, I understand)

New Rule! New Rule!
I hope QB-sempai notices me :swoon:

Recieving targets are worth 100 points each

gardenald fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Sep 16, 2015

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Fenrir posted:

Uh wait, can two slots be activated at once? I only ask because the explanation Anubis gave me week 1 led me to believe that only one slot could be activated or deactivated per player in any given week.

That's a good question, last season we played pretty loose with what you could do with new rule, but things seem to be a little stricter now. What's the ruling commish?

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

OxySnake posted:

I just rushed to the league page and shouted gently caress because Joe Webb was already taken.

God I love this league.

Ninja Edit: Z. Mettenberger gonna carry me to not negative points. :hellyeah:

Hell I wish I'd thought of this. I just gotta hope Eli sucks again, I guess.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

It looks like Chase Daniel, Mike Glennon, and Mark Sanchez are backup kickholders if anyone wants to really gamble with their roster

Me, I'm not risking it.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

New Rule! New Rule!
A second QB has hit the field

Open up the second QB slot

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

OxySnake posted:

I have the Calvinball!

I am late today because my Mom made me eat broccoli and broccoli is gross! I got grounded because I wouldn't eat it and couldn't use the internet!

Because of my hatred for this vegetable, no one can play any player that has Green on their logos!

Using this image!

No Jets / Eagles / Packers / Seahawks players this week!

Edit: Also no chinese football dragons.

Goddammit now I have to bench the Chinese Football Dragons D/ST, thanks for nothing oxysnake :mad:

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

New Rule! New Rule!
Excess ain't rebellion

All points are restricted to a range from -10 to +10. Any point values which exceed that will have the decimal moved to get them to within that range.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

i followed this to the letter.

10 -> 10
11 -> 1.1
100 -> 10
300 -> 3

All the 3rd year managers are doing poorly while the 2nd year managers have winning records (except gardenald who had 2nd highest points but ran into top score). New players are doing good or very very bad.

Yup that's what I'm going for. Keep the scores down this week

gardenald fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 29, 2015

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Baldrash posted:

I HAVE THE CALVINBALL!

NFC East? More like NFC LEAST!

Players on the Giants, Redskins, Eagles and Cowboys can't be played this week!

MotherFUCKER

Welp I'm gonna have the calvinball this week probably

e: Definitely. Brandon Wheedon is the only starting QB left on waivers and no dallas

gardenald fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 2, 2015

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks guys

E: Kaepernick for Gronk is pretty special

gardenald fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Oct 2, 2015

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

New Rule! New Rule

I'm open, I'm open, I'm... poo poo

Open up a wide receiver slot

I have the Calvinball!

Early Bedtime

It's a school night! Nobody can play anyone from the Thursday or Monday night games, Sunday is okay because Monday is a holiday. No Colts, Texans, Steelers, or Chargers.

e: The last two digits of this post are 23

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Hell, man, I made the rule and forgot entirely. Don't beat yourself up.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Hey Commish(es) if I promise to do the math on it can I make this rule for this week:

New Rule! New Rule!
Yet another irritatingly complex rule idea from gardenald

The winner of each matchup will be the player whose score is closest to the average score of the league

Or do you think that would be another Calvinball-only rule?

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

I don't think so, that was what he posted for the last late rule.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

New rule! New rule!
why are we using friggin punters

All punter scoring is 0

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

old dog child posted:

My team isn't good enough to win but not bad enough to get the Calvinball :eng99:

Mannnnn yeah, I can't predict poo poo

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

New rule! New rule!
put your best foot forward

Start one fewer wide reciever

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Buzzkill bro buzz kill.

My name is gardenald and I hate fun

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

I'm (probably) going to win this week because Rams punter Johnny Hekker got three hundred forty eight thousand points. That might be the stupidest sentence I've ever written. God I love this league.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

New rule! New rule!
I totally can count that high

All offensive yards (passing, receiving, rushing) are worth 999 points per yard

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

New Rule! New Rule!

Hey, relax, guy!

Deactivate a flex spot

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

New rule! New rule!
Wait poo poo right it's Wednesday

All yards are worth 30 points per yard

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Fenrir posted:

New Rule! New Rule!
gently caress, my WRs are all injured

Remove a WR slot.

e:

I hope this includes punting yards :allears:

All. Yards. :colbert:

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

New rule! New rule!
Und now ve need to shake zis up a bit

New scoring rules will be altered this week based on the postid of the post in which the rule is made.

If the postid is even, the points assigned for the scoring event will be doubled.

If the postid is odd, the points assigned for the scoring event will be halved.

If the postid is divisible by 3, the signs of any scoring rules will be reversed. Positives become negatives and negatives become positives.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

old dog child posted:

New Rule! New Rule!

Kill, Kill, Kill!

All QB sacks are worth -250

Post ID is #453115716, which is both even and divisible by 3 (453,111,716 / 3 = 151,038,572)

QB Sacks are worth 500

Yoshifan823 posted:

NEW RULE! NEW RULE!
Football shuffleboard

Every Punt within the 20 yard line is worth 800 points.

Post ID is #453126201, which is both odd and divisible by 3 (453,126,201 / 3 = 151,042,067)

Punts within the 20 yard line are worth -400

Aredna can do his thing

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

New rule! New rule!
Bring in the utility infielder, poo poo, wait, wrong sport

One running back slot transmogrifies into a flex slot

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Self-reporting that I forgot to start a flex (and it was my own rule too, shameful)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

And I've got the Jeremy's, messrs. Hill and Langford

• Locked thread