Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, you all should have listened to me about Asiina on D1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gj scum team, we really showed them the power of a poo poo posting

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Let's please not make this into a thread of should-haves and smugness.

I have a big enough headache already.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
3 scum and a SK in an 11 person game is massive overkill.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

TMMadman posted:

And me. I was right about imgay.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah, you made a mistake not sticking on me

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Allen Wren posted:

I have a big enough headache already.

But I thought should-haves and smugness was the point of the after party. :v:

But it was a good game Allen. It seemed like the setup was good, just probably would have been better with a few more players.

Thanks for the game Allen. ;)

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Allen Wren posted:

That's what mafia is.
Are you sure you're cut out for this?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Yeah, it was a fine setup and the flavor was great, it's just that turboing the last two days in a 3 day game really sucks.

Thanks for running!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina, whatever happened to the power of friendship?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Wow, that sure was a loving stupid ending.

Good work though Wren, that was a well put together game and you were very on the ball

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Well, yes.

It was written for 13.

But I'm not a grand-high muckety-muck in the community, so people don't give a gently caress what I do.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Are we all missing that Asiina was a town-aligned serial killer?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Allen Wren posted:

But I'm not a grand-high muckety-muck in the community, so people don't give a gently caress what I do.

Lol what?

Take a breath man.
Don't take it so personally.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Ixtlilton posted:

Are we all missing that Asiina was a town-aligned serial killer?

That was the role I was personally most proud of, matching flavor and mechanics.

It didn't matter much because night 0 was no-kill, she got blocked night 1, and then got a townie night two, but it was Hoxton, so Swan Song kicked in.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Allen Wren posted:

Well, yes.

It was written for 13.

But I like you!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
logistically this isnt possible but pretend that me imgay and uranus do one of those jumping freeze frame 3 way high fives

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Forgot about this:

quote:

Welcome, CapitalistPig. You are Chains, The Enforcer. You are town-aligned.

As a teenager, Chains always got into trouble. After years of jumping between foster homes and juvenile institutions, he ended up in the military. On his discharge, he became a soldier of fortune, offering his military expertise to the highest bidder.

Win Conditions: You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Abilities:
Improved Combined Tactical Vest - You require one additional vote to be voted out.
Disturbing the Peace - As a night action, you may prevent one randomly-determined scum from performing their night action. You do not select a target, nor will you be informed how successful your action was. (Basically, you can roleblock, but you trade off aiming this ability for a 100% success rate.) You have two shots of this action.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I also really shouldn't have let Hiipfire blow his one-shot Night Zero.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Laffo, Hiip blocked everything on N1. Why would you do that Hiip?

I had targeted CPig and if I hadn't been blocked I would have seen imgay go to him and perform a non-killing action.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Town used their actions very poorly, it's a thing that happens more often than not. Let's not dwell on it.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Well I guess Opop copped 2/3 scum, but eh.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ixtlilton posted:

Town used their actions very poorly, it's a thing that happens more often than not. Let's not dwell on it.

It's not like I'm mad or anything, just curious. Looking over it, if that hadn't have happened, it would have been a completely different game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Except I was town.

I actually targetted Rarity N2 since she had the lowest post count but got a PM saying she was being replaced and did I want to change targets, so I decided I'd be nice and switch to fv.

Also not being able to say I did the kills was very annoying.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The best thing for town would have honestly to claim and get myself modkilled D1.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Except I was town.

I actually targetted Rarity N2 since she had the lowest post count but got a PM saying she was being replaced and did I want to change targets, so I decided I'd be nice and switch to fv.

You may have been town, but you didn't help town win. ;)

It seemed like you were blind to uranus during the course of the game and I kept thinking "Asiina and uranus are scum together"

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

The best thing for town would have honestly to claim and get myself modkilled D1.

Also, I did NOT appreciate your taunt. :mad:

:v:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Also, I did NOT appreciate your taunt. :mad:

:v:

Frankly, I'm surprised people let you get away with it too. If you had said that to someone else, I would have just railed at you the next day. But I'm a weird guy.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

Except I was town.

Why me?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You had the lowest postcount after Rarity. I was also working from the bottom up.

TMMadman posted:

You may have been town, but you didn't help town win. ;)

That still doesn't make you right though! Neither of us were right, so there's nothing to really gloat about.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

You had the lowest postcount after Rarity. I was also working from the bottom up.

That still doesn't make you right though! Neither of us were right, so there's nothing to really gloat about.

I'll gloat if I want to drat it! ;)

You were a killer and out to get me! :v:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Yeah, that's a thing I didn't expect, both the scum and Asiina were working their way up from the bottom of the postcount - the one night, they both went after CPig, only for Asiina to end up roleblocked and Pig dead anyway.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

That doesn't make me scum. You really played against your win con here.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
You know, I was all like "I like Payday, I theoretically like Mafia, I shouldn't be in this game from the start but I'll offer myself up as a replacement to my good friend and swell guy Allen Wren" and then I go and get merked before I can post, followed by the game ending before I can even ghostpost.

Jesus.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
thanks for the game allen! i had fun.

*freeze frame fives with jake and imgay*

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

TMMadman posted:

Laffo, Hiip blocked everything on N1. Why would you do that Hiip?
I expected to use it as a way to verify retarded scum claims that would come out but instead D1 became a lurkfest and Opop claimed D2 so it didn't work out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

That doesn't make me scum. You really played against your win con here.

Not at all. Lurking scum has been a strategy for a while, and when I realized they were also doing it I wanted to continue since either they would skip over the person on their team or we would kill the same person and I wouldn't have an impact. I was forced to kill every night and it was a small game so I didn't really want to so this was my solution. Also if you had one more post I would have killed Jake instead, so maybe post more next time so you're not at the bottom of the list.

• Locked thread