Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

I say Imperial Guard if only because you get to use the Baneblade BEHINBLADE tank. And I swear to the God-Emperor that using it is one of the most satisfying things in any RTS ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.

Shas'o, while I still believe that the Northlands are a prime target, perhaps you should take a more cautionary approach to the battle this time and shore up your defenses before committing to a push.

The Eldar are conniving, deceitful tricksters, and trying to assault them before you have a solid force is suicidal. You should get Hammerheads for the assault. Like, lots of them.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

Head for the desert, mainly because the mountains near there contain one of the most fun missions in the game. And we get more Fire Warrior Bodyguards, which are horrifyingly powerful at range.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

MadHat posted:

At some point you should really show off just how ridiculous the Fire Warrior Bodyguard range really is.

This. Fire Warrior Bodyguards are insane and can tear apart any infantry unit in the game (and some vehicles, even!) if they have a decent LOS.

On a related note, you should go for the Peaks because that's a really fun tactical mission to play. There's nothing quite like it in the rest of the game and it's great.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

Theantero posted:

We should mop out the Necrons, if only because we can't let them destroy the imperial guard stronghold. We need to have all the Stronghold missions in this LP. It just wouldn't be complete without one.

oh yeah we were having an lp and not a lorechat kinda forgot

Yeah, go after the Necrons, mainly because it's the least lovely of many lovely options at this point.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

my dad posted:

Please don't attack the Necron HQ before taking over Hyperion Peaks.

ATTACK PAVONIS!

The man speaks truth. You'd get flattened without a forward base.

Take Pavonis to begin with.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

my dad posted:

Eres Badlands followed up by Hyperion Peaks since we'll get the second attack right away. Then, we're ready to start culling the herd.

This is a good plan and has my approval.

Once we've gotten both of these territories, we can really get the conquest liberation of Kronus started :getin:

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

Alternative plan: Tyrea. Destroy the Eldar base there so that we never have to put up with the Northlands defense ever again.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

Front Mission Evolved. It's stupid and dumb and pretty good fun. Although the multiplayer is long dead. I'll have a mess about with it and see if I can make any suits. God I hope my save is still there with all the pieces.

Speaking of which, do you plan on getting your LP of it archived any time soon? Because I'd hate to see such an entertaining LP go to waste.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Newcrons might not be as threatening but they're miles better from a story point of view and they get to have themes that no other race really has. Although I cannot remember them off the top of my had.

The only two parts of the Newcrons I really care about are Trollzyn the Infinite and the World Engine (yes I know the latter focuses on Space Marines shut up).

Aside from that, I was never particularly invested in either incarnation so I don't really care one way or the other.

rizzen posted:

I did not know this was even a thing. Guess I've found my next time waster.

Ayup. It's been a running joke on 1d4chan that it would never be made ever even though the idea is totally awesome. But it's out now (and will probably never be out of alpha, but who really cares?).

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

Pierzak posted:

I remember some fluff bits about a band of orks that invaded a Khornate demon prince world. The demon made them come to life every time they were killed so they had to fight again and again for centuries. The orks considered it the greatest party ever.

You neglected to mentioned the best part of that story-the constant resurrection kept happening because the Warboss stabbed the prince with a power claw just before he died the first time. More specifically, he stabbed him right in the balls.

If that isn't a great way to go out, then I don't know what is.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

Uh, how is that next update coming along Blind Sally? It's been awhile since you last posted.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

Kill the Necrons. Between the upgrades O'Kais has and the ability to place a forward base at our destinations, we are more than ready to begin the assault on their stronghold. Not only that, but they have no other territories, so taking the plateau would finish them off for good.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

Create a Mont'ka command post. That way, you can have Crisis Suits jetpacking off of all the cliffs in the area. Send your main forces to the north source, and have the Stealthsuits and Crisis Suits handle the southern source.

Sounds a bit boring, I know, but it's worked for me every time I've done this mission. And you must have lucked out with that early part, because even on Normal you get a Spyder or two activated.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

Main force hit the slag, strike force hit the relic, if for no other reason than to deny it to the Necrons.

This is a good plan, because we're going to need that relic in short order.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

Once the teams reunite at the relic, have the strike team handle the nearest energy source while the main force deals with the southernmost energy source. Once that's done, there's nothing stopping O'Kais from cheesing the rest of this mission.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

We do actually want you to succeed, and with the Necron Stronghold everyone pretty much has the same strategy as you can plainly see :v:

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Thule has to go: crush his army, then his base.

This sounds good. We can crush Thule and make sure that he has no Honor Guard to bother us during the HQ mission.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

Go North-West, get Gregory on the field ASAP.
(And steal Thule's old fanfics from the temple ruins and read them out-loud on the radio)

This. Especially that part in parentheses.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

look at the little blue googly eyes it has its adorable

cutest turret ever

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

Guard. For gently caress's sake people, can we get the game moving again?

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

Hit the ork army. We don't want them to steal our glory the glory of the Greater Good, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

Lanch an assault on Victory Bay.

That not only keeps the Orks from stealing our glory, but also gets rid of the Guard army near our base.

• Locked thread