Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

I think the only real debate would be between the Busters and Eva, maybe FLCL as well. Other standouts like Kare Kano and Honneamise are much less well known and the stock of Gurren-Lagann has from my perspective fallen precipitously in the years since.

Worth it just to remind people that Honneamise exists. One of those films that I appreciated more when I got older. Or maybe just when I got a better TV and sound system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Linnaeus posted:

sounds like the op needs to make a new thread

eva #1 btw

I ain't touching that with a 10-foot spear of longinus

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

CLANNAD is "good" but it's After Story that really puts it on the map.

So, cos of this thread I rewatched Clannad over the course of a week or so and thought it was a decent show. Hurrah!

However, I ended up watching After Story in one day.

ONE DAY.

I have been broken and remade, several times over. Maeda is a son of a bitch.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

CuLT posted:

So, cos of this thread I rewatched Clannad over the course of a week or so and thought it was a decent show. Hurrah!

However, I ended up watching After Story in one day.

ONE DAY.

I have been broken and remade, several times over. Maeda is a son of a bitch.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
After Story usually shoots up my list several spots right after watching. I become pretty emotional over it.

After a while it settles down once I can objectively compare it to other shows strengths and weaknesses, but man can that show play me like a fiddle.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Episode 18 of CLANNAD AS may be the best single episode KyoAni has ever done, IMO of course. Not all of AS is superlative but the eps that are hit like a truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

is 18 the visit to his mom

cause that whole trip with the train ride is the best thing

• Locked thread