Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Spoilers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
1) (2003) Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu + (2005) Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
- Beanbag rounds. Knife chef.
2) (2005) Air everyone dies
3) (2006, 2009) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya anime metaphors for dealing with a crazy girlfriend
4) (2006) Kanon Just like Heaven starring Reese Witherspoon
5) (2007) Clannad + (2008) Clannad After Story The Dandelion Girl by Robert F. Young
6) (2009) K-On! + (2010) K-On!! extremely detailed drawings of musical instruments
7) (2011) Nichijou http://i.imgur.com/pssPPRq.gif
8) (2012) Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions + (2014) Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! -Heart Throb- anime metaphors for dealing with a crazy boyfriend
9) (2013) Free! + (2014) Free! Eternal Summer makes guys who are insecure in their sexuality real mad
10) (2013) Beyond the Boundary (Kyokai no Kanata) https://youtu.be/tGgKVnEPf2c?t=2m55s

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

littleorv posted:

After Story will also rip your heart out and stomp on it a little bit.
"a little bit"??!!!

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

"a little bit"??!!!

I am a MAN and I only shed a FEW MANLY TEARS

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

littleorv posted:

I am a MAN and I only shed a FEW MANLY TEARS

Same, but I had really wide (TOTALLY DRY) eyes.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

docentburr posted:

I couldn't get past three episodes of Chuuni that show's premise is one that could work or crash horribly and it just crashed for me. I like noted bad show Beyond the Boundary even though the show's writing is a mess but I think that show's leads worked well together whereas I never really liked Rikka and Yuta.

Pretty much, Clannad is just kind of a polished Kanon set in Spring. After Story works much better by not being dragged down by having to split focus and play out all of the other girls stories.

Rikka and Yuta are probably the most boring of the Main characters all things considered though the Chuuni abuse is adorable in its own sadistic way.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Azunyan.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

littleorv posted:

After Story will also rip your heart out and stomp on it a little bit.

This may be an understatement.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

there was tons of romance stuff in the chuunibyou show i dont get why people said there wasnt

rikka even kissed Utah

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wow nws that poo poo bro

rvm
May 6, 2013
1) Hyouka
2) Full Metal Panic Fumoffu!
3) Haruhi
4) Clannad
5) Kanon

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

rvm posted:

1) Hyouka
2) Full Metal Panic Fumoffu!
3) Haruhi
4) Clannad
5) Kanon

If you haven't seen Amagi Brilliant Park you should watch that.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

it wouldn't make that list

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

littleorv posted:

If you haven't seen Amagi Brilliant Park you should watch that.

This, but instead of the bad show its Nichijou, K-On and Lukcy Star

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

In Training posted:

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

1) Haruhi
2) Sound! Euphonium
3) Nichijou
4) K-on
5) Hyouka

I haven't finished Hyouka yet, but the gif thread brought it to my attention and I'm really liking it. If the person responsible for those gifs is in this thread, thank you. :3:

I wish I could put these all at number one, though, because I love them equally.

-1) Clannad

A friend told me to watch this. I got about a dozen episodes in before I rolled my eyes so hard that my retinas detached and now I can't watch any more anime at all. I think that the magical parent death resolving briefcase was what really drove me over the edge. I really did not like that show.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

In Training posted:

Oh come the gently caress on

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

littleorv posted:

Oh come the gently caress on

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

finished my 2nd go round of Kon recently. high quality tranquilizer imo

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

this thread still weirds me out a little. it's like if we did this for gainax would everyone be putting eva at like #3 or 4?

Mia Wasikowska fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Sep 17, 2015

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Someone should do this for Gainax.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

sounds like the op needs to make a new thread

eva #1 btw

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Zas posted:

this thread still weirds me out a little. it's like if we did this for gainax would everyone be putting eva at like #3 or 4?

I wouldn't put Eva ahead of Diebuster and Gunbuster.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Zas posted:

Haruhi and Eva both take huge risks and are about as equally controversial, it's no surprise that their appeal wouldn't be universal.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

nah I know I'm not being totally serious. plus we all know #1 is otaku no video

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A Doomed Purloiner posted:

Someone should do this for Gainax.

The flame wars would tear this forum apart.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cronodoculous posted:

1) Haruhi
2) Sound! Euphonium
3) Nichijou
4) K-on
5) Hyouka

I haven't finished Hyouka yet, but the gif thread brought it to my attention and I'm really liking it. If the person responsible for those gifs is in this thread, thank you. :3:

I wish I could put these all at number one, though, because I love them equally.

-1) Clannad

A friend told me to watch this. I got about a dozen episodes in before I rolled my eyes so hard that my retinas detached and now I can't watch any more anime at all. I think that the magical parent death resolving briefcase was what really drove me over the edge. I really did not like that show.

I soldiered through it after feeling the same way you did and the ending is probably one of the worst I've ever seen

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

there's not enough good gainax shows for that

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

my top gainax show is..... aoi honoo

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I like the lead up to it more than the actual final episode but I was pretty pleased with the CLANNAD AS ending.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Davincie posted:

my top gainax show is..... aoi honoo

top media about hideaki anno in some way

4 insufficient direction
3 aoi honoo
2 otaku no video
1 the elementary school thing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

there's not enough good gainax shows for that

There's at least 5.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think the only real debate would be between the Busters and Eva, maybe FLCL as well. Other standouts like Kare Kano and Honneamise are much less well known and the stock of Gurren-Lagann has from my perspective fallen precipitously in the years since.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

RE: Cutie Honey and Panty and Stocking

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Do one for Trigger and any anime Imaishi directed instead

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's like five things though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Xelkelvos posted:

Do one for Trigger and any anime Imaishi directed instead

King Crap of Poop Mountain

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My favorite Imaishi series? Probably the one with the weird sex hang-ups that stops being funny after 3 episodes :shibe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

his animator expo short was loving terrible. imaishi needs to just draw things and trigger should let yoh yoshinari direct things.

• Locked thread