Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqYUuQ3q8wA

Big thanks to Vanilla Mint Ice, Emalde, Zydoran and Tsurupettan for their awesome work on previous versions of this OP! thread 1 thread 2 thread 3 thread 4 thread 5 thread 6 thread 7
Credit also to DACK FAYDEN, messagemode1, No Friend of Gravity, Omelette du Fromage, jarch3r, Reiterpallasch and a metric poo poo ton of others from IRC who worked on this OP, the wiki and other resources.

Meet the largest-grossing free-to-play mobile game in the world, a crack-laced fusion of Bejeweled and Pokémon available on both the iTunes Store (USA) and the Google Play Store (USA). It is now also available on Kindle Fire. There are EU servers, though the majority of the thread is based on NA. Non-US people can also play on the US server: Android iOS

Puzzle & Dragons, or PAD for short, is a SOCIAL, FREEMIUM game from JAPAN in which you kill monsters, take their eggs, hatch the eggs and fuse them to other monsters, and then evolve those monsters by jamming seeds and plants down their throats. The main part of this game takes place on a Bejeweled-style board, but you can drag an orb to any location on the board while displacing other orbs to create huge combos. Also the art is rad. Watch it yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zpUSYKN3nA

Intrigued? The puzzle part is pretty neat, but there's actually massive depth to this game. Once the training wheels come off, enemies start showing up in larger groups and hitting for thousands of damage. In most F2P games this is just a bullshit paywall, but PAD is fundamentally different from most freemium games, and it's very possible to get deep into the endgame without spending a dime.

...but yes, there is IAP. You do not need it, but it does speed things up significantly. Try not to spend hundreds of dollars every month.

The resources available to English-speaking PAD players have improved significantly in the past year, but goons being goons we like to think that we maintain

(Click here for THE SINGLE BEST GUIDE if the image doesn't load)

:siren: --> THE DEFINITIVE LIST OF STARTER GODS <-- :siren:

If the monster you roll from the Rare Egg Machine at the end of the tutorial isn't listed on the page above, reroll!

Extremely generous goons ChikoDemono and Kuros often use events to generate new accounts for newbies. If you're tired of rerolling, ask in the thread if they have any extra accounts! If you decide you want to contribute extra accounts for newbies, post in the thread so you can be added here. You can either have your device rooted or get a device change code from them.

For those who would like to try out the Japan (JP) version of the game, MrMoose has a list of JP accounts to give away.

:siren: NEWBIES, POST YOUR LEADER AND FRIEND ID ONCE YOU'RE DONE REROLLING :siren:

In addition to hosting the SA PAD Guide, http://www.padherder.com/ (created and maintained by our own Mad Cow Fred) is the place to find goon friend leaders. If you don't have an account, make one!

Also, if you're looking for a specific leader, you can consult the :siren: SA PAD Friend List! :siren:

The best place to ask questions is in our IRC channel, #pad on irc.synirc.net. The room is always active, and full of friendly whales veterans. This is also the best place to go if you need a specific friend god (like an Amaterasu Okhami) or want to watch :retrogames: during a Godfest. You can even access the channel from a web browser client.

http://padwiki.net/ is the English version of the Chinese Wiki. The best source for the newest content, and the first site to post tomorrow's daily dungeons, often up to twelve hours in advance. Maintained by goons. Thanks Cless and Nendil!

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/ is another English database. Has a "friend finder" for those times when goons just aren't enough. Contributed to by our own Unknown_PC!

Also, if you're interested in seeing the differences between the North American and Japanese versions of PAD (i.e. all the cool stuff Japan has that we haven't gotten yet), the Reddit PAD group maintains a fairly comprehensive list of the version differences.

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Sep 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
[Important news and tidbits go here.]

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Sep 23, 2015

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

this is an excellent thread title. good job.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Repostin since no one responded.

Alright, stupid godfest.

Red Riding Hood (shoulda stopped here)
Zuoh (dupe, and the first one is actually max skilled even though who the gently caress knows if I'll ever use him)
DQXQ (good, except I have kali and awoken horus, is DQXQ useful at *all* at this point?)
Ivory Dragon (ugh)
aaaaand Indra

So, is Indra useful at all? Is DQXQ useful if I already have rockin combo leaders? Looks like DQ ulti would fit into some mono light team I guess? And I assume a second Zuoh is MP fodder once that happens.

dantae
Aug 7, 2003
rar
posted this in the last thread just before it got closed so reposting:

I need to finally use my best friend before I lose it. I currently have a hypermax bastet and athena that I run, though I just pulled verdandi so will probably be switching to her for farming once she's up to speed. Also have a 297 kirin and some other things I occasionally use. this is my padherder.

Looking for someone who runs Bastet, verdandi, athena, that sort of things and hopefully a Goemon for weekends. My ID is 311,869,216. Let me know if you are interested or in doing a triangle!

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

dantae posted:

I need to finally use my best friend before I lose it. I currently have a hypermax bastet and athena that I run, though I just pulled verdandi so will probably be switching to her for farming once she's up to speed. Also have a 297 kirin and some other things I occasionally use. this is my padherder.

Looking for someone who runs Bastet, verdandi, athena, that sort of things and hopefully a Goemon for weekends. My ID is 311,869,216. Let me know if you are interested or in doing a triangle!

I run Athena, A.Bastet, and Goemon on the weekends. Also sometimes run Urd or A.Minerva for gimmick dungeons. I also still have my BFF available if anyone else wants to get in on this. 372,283,222
Athena is hypermaxed, A.Bastet is one SL short of it.

Hera&Zeus was surprisingly easy, Bastet crushed it without mercy. Only hard part was getting the right amount of damage at H&Z themselves.

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

dantae posted:

Unfortunately I've already used my BFF pre-reset, but I have a lot of the things you are looking for if you want to BF me. I run awoken goemon during 3x normals, and have a hypermax LKali, Athena and (almost maxed) Ra.

ID: 316156231

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
so since I pulled Bastet and can Awaken her today I was wondering... teams?

A.Bastet / Verd / Verd / Verd/ Liu Bei / A.Bastet ??? The Verdandi full-board changes seem extremely useful to me.

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

Reposting from closed thread:

Still looking for someone who wants to be the 3rd in our pre-reset BFF triangle.

Plorkyeran posted:
BFF chat: I normally have hypermax Ronia and two skillups-short-of-hyper A.Shiva up. For slot three I can do A.Ra, max-skill L.Kali, hypermax pandora, D.Meta, or assorted other stuff. 379,720,313

The Hebug posted:
I need to set up a BFF triangle before the reset. I have hypermax Ronia, hypermax Kirin, +240 L.Kali and will probably hypermax A.Shiva next. I'd be happy if I could get people that run at least 2 of the following: Ronia, Kirin, L.Kali, A.Shiva, A.Ra, A.Bastet. 333 867 243

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ra/Shiva master race checking in. Can anyone confirm that 10x descended on JP ends today?

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Good thread title imo, this is the part where I post fanart

:kimchi:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
also is Castle of Satan / King of Darkness @ 1.5% best for 3x normals?

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

THE PENETRATOR posted:

A.Bastet / Verd / Verd / Verd/ Liu Bei / A.Bastet ??? The Verdandi full-board changes seem extremely useful to me.

Genbu and Parvati are also great if you happen to have them (slot them in for a dupe Verd).

Cody Watts
Jun 5, 2004
The internet makes you stupid.
Reposting from closed thread:

Ironsolid posted:

Welp, BFF Triangle request;

General Active - +297 Beelz
Slot 1 - Hypermax Ronia
Slot 2 - +70 SL 4 A Bastet

I'd like to get in on this BFF Triangle! Here are the highlights of my box:
  • My primary leader is a hypermax Lu Bu
  • I also have a +297 (skill level 3) Ronia
  • Level 97 Awoken Bastet
  • Level 93, Max-skill Pandora
  • Level 97, skill-level 4 Goemon (will max-skill ASAP)
  • Max-level, max-skill Sacred Divine Flower, Xiao Qiao
  • Max-level Kirin
  • Max-skill Sarasvati
  • Max-skill Awoken Venus
I'm also trying to decide who to bequeath my next +297 to. Bastet, Goemon and Pandora are all in the running. My ID is 383,510,310 and my in-game name is Mügü.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

WalrusWhiskers posted:

Genbu and Parvati are also great if you happen to have them (slot them in for a dupe Verd).

Hmm... Awoken Genbu? I can do that.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Usually you want to reserve a spot for a defensive sub (Kushi, Susano, D.Iza, etc), and it's also frequently very useful to have a 5 turn changer on board. Something like, A.Bast/Verd/CuChu/LiuBei/Susano is very solid. Depends on the dungeon of course as to what you need.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

dantae posted:

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I run Athena, A.Bastet, and Goemon on the weekends. Also sometimes run Urd or A.Minerva for gimmick dungeons. I also still have my BFF available if anyone else wants to get in on this. 372,283,222
Athena is hypermaxed, A.Bastet is one SL short of it.

Hera&Zeus was surprisingly easy, Bastet crushed it without mercy. Only hard part was getting the right amount of damage at H&Z themselves.

I still have my BFF on my main.

I put up Goemon on weekends and still run my Athena (not maxed but +200-something). No Bastet though, I run AParvati. I pull out AMinerva a fair amount.

I'd like to put DKali in slot 2 eventually but a weekend AGoemon triangle would be the poo poo.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ra/Shiva master race checking in. Can anyone confirm that 10x descended on JP ends today?

It ends in around 20 hours but, coincidentally, the second part of the current event (which starts in 20 hours) also includes 10x descendeds *and* 3x normals, but the normals start a bit later because of overlapping 5x technicals. Apparently gungho doesn't want the 3x, 5x, and 10x at the same time but 10x plus any of the other two is fine.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

GoodBee posted:

I still have my BFF on my main.

I put up Goemon on weekends and still run my Athena (not maxed but +200-something). No Bastet though, I run AParvati. I pull out AMinerva a fair amount.

I'd like to put DKali in slot 2 eventually but a weekend AGoemon triangle would be the poo poo.

Sounds good to me. I'm Fazoob@SA in case it wasn't obvious.

Praxis19
Nov 4, 2009

No justice no peace ACAB
Time to poo poo up the new thread with BFF triangles:

Sono posted:

I have a hypermax LKali, hypermax DMeta, and am working on Goemon for 3x. My active is usually hypermax A Horus.

I have A Bastet, Ronia, and Lu Bu max skilled, and the latter two are around +40, but they're not getting any more plusses until I finish Isis and figure out who to add to my Horus team once Isis covers green.

Oh yeah, and I'll have a max skilled +200 A Isis as soon as she's out, probably hypermax depending on how this round of 3x goes.

Anybody else for a pre-reset triangle?

nogic posted:

I think we would work together? See my post above, but I have Lu Bu, LKali, ABastet, AParv, some other stuff.

If that's cool, then we need one more (preferably with AParv... )

This works for me, but Sono doesn't have AParv, so I'm not sure if nogic would be cool with it or not.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Oh look a new thread.

Pulls for today were

Silver
Silver
dupe Osiris
dupe Anubis
dupe Gryps Rider

Meh nothing I want or need, I would really like an Isis or Ra so I might roll a few times later.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I don't care about the summer REM just put the beasts in as rare invades for skydragon so I can farm a phoenix. :emo:

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
edit: Doulos, I saw that, wouldn't be the end of the world if I don't have a Parvati. Do either of you have Ra?

Also looking for a pre-reset BF triangle:

Lu Bu (hyper)
Athena (297, 2 levels off skill max -- but I'm considering feeding her off to one of the below)
LKali (+180~, skill lvl 5, will finish her + next)
AParvati
ABastet (I have a really good team for her that needs more work, and I need a ton of practice~, but this will likely be a focus in the near future)

Also have ARa, but don't have a great team for it, so it won't be up often, but I can put it up.

Lots of random stuff that's max level/awoke, LMeta, Beelz, ACeres... https://www.padherder.com/user/pollysee/monsters/

Would really like at least one AParv and ABastet.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

I'm down with that.

It's no 'Shining Abs, Lifeguard Odin' but it'll have to do.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Spent all my stamina this morning trying out a bejweled kagu OoH team... then realized the 3x normals hadnt started yet.

Also, we are still looking for a third person on our BFF triangle BEFORE reset.

326 887 249 Catseman SA
I do Ganesha on weekends. Have hypermax LuBu in slot 1 usually. Run a lot of Urd, Shiva, Verd, Bastet, L Kali, Ra. Other guy in the triangle runs lots of Urd and Bastet and other k00l leeaders.

Also, anyone know of any cool KotG gimmicks? i know Goemon but I dont have one right now ready to use. Doesnt seem like theres any Kagu cheese or challenge modes that Ive seen. Just lots of teams that can do it in 10 turns easily but not bejewled easy. The old Robu team works just fine but its not the fastest. Put together a team of Schoolthena/LuiBei/GZL/Parvati/MeiMei that Ill pair with Verd or whatever, but still requires four orbs a turn.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Sounds good to me. I'm Fazoob@SA in case it wasn't obvious.

We are not friends yet. I'm SA Ashlynn 304,382,267

If dantae is down we can get this BFF thing going.

Edit: I may not have anything hypermaxed yet but that's what Goemon BFFs are for.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

trucutru posted:

It ends in around 20 hours but, coincidentally, the second part of the current event (which starts in 20 hours) also includes 10x descendeds *and* 3x normals, but the normals start a bit later because of overlapping 5x technicals. Apparently gungho doesn't want the 3x, 5x, and 10x at the same time but 10x plus any of the other two is fine.

How long is the second part? Looks like my plan to 297 a 2nd card is still on, then.

If I ever bothered to find out how to buy IAP on my JP account (JP iTunes cards?) then I would push to 297 my entire Verdandi team. That would let me clear content for a while letting me setup other teams for the content I can't clear.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

Yeah, best Pantheon

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

How long is the second part? Looks like my plan to 297 a 2nd card is still on, then.

If I ever bothered to find out how to buy IAP on my JP account (JP iTunes cards?) then I would push to 297 my entire Verdandi team. That would let me clear content for a while letting me setup other teams for the content I can't clear.

It's the second part of the summer event so it ends at the same time. You have a little bit over a week to farm poo poo.

How to buy stones: press button, pay with your CC, you filthy whale.

how non-canon

Yomi mistress Izanami.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Aug 15, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

trucutru posted:

Yeah, best Pantheon

That's not Egyptian 1.0

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Looks like we are getting the Star Vault coin dungeon at the same time we are getting x3 normals...

...seems dumb.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Schoolthena team is a wash, too easy to jank up Zeus. Threw together a D/L Fagan... only to realize I have no friends at all that use him. Any DL Fagan peeps in the house?

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Hey pulled a ra :whatup:
Don't have a d. kali but I wil be able to run a.ra/l. kali/l. kali/a. isis/ d.iza(?) for some fun times.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Usually you want to reserve a spot for a defensive sub (Kushi, Susano, D.Iza, etc), and it's also frequently very useful to have a 5 turn changer on board. Something like, A.Bast/Verd/CuChu/LiuBei/Susano is very solid. Depends on the dungeon of course as to what you need.

I got none >:)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I checked the rank 150 free pull list and I have exactly half of them. Can't wait to see what dupe I get. Or if it's a new one, it'll be one of the shittier ones (man there's a ton of poo poo on that list)

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
A little tip for those farming lots of +eggs from 3x normals: When clearing my box of all the fodder, I find it convenient to sort by + then CHR. This makes it easy to sell or feed off all the non-plus chaff you'll get without accidentally mixing a plus in with them (a mistake I have made before).

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Anyone having luck with 3x or did they forget to turn it on? 0 plus eggs in 6 OOH runs so far...

WCL
Dec 26, 2008

NYAAAH-AH-AH!
Just used a full bar of stamina on KotG to get level and farm 3x +. 0 + so yeah, same problem. Just gonna grab the jewel i want and try later.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I checked the rank 150 free pull list and I have exactly half of them. Can't wait to see what dupe I get. Or if it's a new one, it'll be one of the shittier ones (man there's a ton of poo poo on that list)

The free pull thing is my best chance of getting an Odin. Also it will be only the second god I've pulled in the last ten REM pulls I've made!

Anybody running Krishna for a leader? I have one, and he is UEVO'd now and seems pretty decent. Nobody on my friends list is running him at the moment though, so the little bit I've played around with him I have been paring him with A.Shiva. He seems solid, my biggest problem with him is that I have a pretty pro Urd team, and A.Minerva at that so I'm not so sure if he is worth the effort to skill up right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

FrickenMoron posted:

Anyone having luck with 3x or did they forget to turn it on? 0 plus eggs in 6 OOH runs so far...

Was wondering the same thing myself - I'm only 1 for 3 so far.

• Locked thread